What did you think of this scene?

What did you think of this scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R8oYYg75Qvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How much longer does Jones have left?

I loved it. I'm growing increasingly more ashamed that I loved it, now that I realize it was shameless pandering. But fuck, it was just a lot of fun watching Vader mow down everything in his path. It was basically something out of the old EU.

Only decent part of the film.

Realistically how fast could Vader swing his light saber to deflect blasters if that hallway full of Rebels all fired in rapid succession?

Very bold for a Disney movie. The part where Vader slams that trooper to the ceiling and then slices open his abdomen had me diamonds.

This. I know it's unapologetically low fanservice but fuck it.

Not long. His wife passed not too long ago and usually it's the men that go first.

Realistically, Vader could've blocked it all with his hand

Shameless pandering, but by that point in the movie, you needed it.

Personally, it also serves as a reminder of how impractical a jedi/sith really is. Lightsabers would be ditched pretty quick if anyone in SW knew how to shoot. (At least when Han shot at Vader in E5, he blocked it with his hand like a boss)

only remarkable scene in that snoozefest

Pretty good wished he used the force to make one rebels head blow up mountain style

>scene is completely unnecessary and blatant fanservice to make nerds and fanboys scream in joy
>scene is still awesome and the only good scene in the entire movie

Conflicted, Sup Forums.

>Realism
>The Force

DARTH VADER TOOK OUT HIS RED LIGHTSABER AND HE USED THE FORCE

Pure fanservice but I enjoyed it.

Pretty Awesome, blatant fan service

I watched the movie with a group a friends in the theater and all of us, as well as the rest of the theater, were hype af when it happened. It obviously was clear fan pandering but it was so amazing seeing Vader as an actual scary threat due to the improvements from modern technology as opposed to the original trilogy with his slow ass movements.

The lack of consistency of Jedi/Force users being able to hold their own against armed troops kind of bugs me. I get that Vader is supposed to be top tier, but he didn't break a sweat compared to the "Jedi purge" where supposed Jedi masters were mowed down by a few clone troopers with barely a peep. Shit, even that one guy in AOTC couldn't block more than a couple shots from Jango Fett.

Undeniably one of the best scenes in all of Star Wars. There's not a single fan out there who didn't want to see Vader do this at some point.

The whole movie was bold for Disney. The first scene the "good guy" murders an informant rather than let him get caught. The ending literally everyone dies.

Only good scene in the entire movie.

Rogue One was made for the fans. Anyone who has not seen the originals would not know what the fuck was going on in this. So why would you not put something sweet for your fanbase in the movie if they've always bitched about wanting it?
This Sup Forums notion that fan service = bad needs to fucking die.

It isn't bold if you made up those characters on the spot for a self-fulfilling prophecy. They were expendable from the start and their personalities showed it.

I didn't really say it was a bad thing.

Just more pandering to the "Le Han shot first" crowd who need their characters to have one morally ambiguous decision per movie and that's it.

Name more Disney movies where the whole cast dies and the protagonist commits an on screen murder. Not self defense, straight up murder.

on its own its cool to watch as a clip.
In the context of the movie it is 100% not in line with the tone.

Entertaining, but it's dumb he didn't just pull the plans out of their hands.

didn't feel like anything because that scene was written by the internet.
>dude the movie should end with Vader going totally ham and just slaughtering the main characters without breaking a sweat! PRIME VADER!

I'd read that comment a thousand times (in Reddit) and then it was in the movie.

Completely shit.

I get that making prequels is hard as fuck, because you have to keep so many things in mind, but that doesn't excuse this scene at all.

>this scene happens
>fucking wrecks everyone smoothly and everything with the flick of his wrist

>fight with obi happens in episode 4
>slow, and very jagged movements, hardly any flourishes

Vader was nervous when he fought ObiWan the second time. He talked big sure, but he was shitting his pants. Imagine getting your limbs cut off and almost burning to death, having to live with a constant reminder and thinking about it every waking moment for almost twenty years, then finally you run back into the person responsible for it. No way was Vader going to under estimate obi wan again. Obi-Wan was on the offensive the entire fight, a stark contrast to their first fight where Anakin went balls to the wall and Obi Wan was constantly back peddling.

I loved it, and I don't give a shit what anyone else says. Sure, it was fanservice, but it was fun for me to watch.

>Feeling guilty for liking something

Only thing you should feel guilty for is being a weak-minded soyboy who cares too much about the opinions of others.

>On-Topic, it was good to see Vader inspire fear again after how sloppily the PT handled him/him as Anakin.

I CLAPPED
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT

Episode 4 was made in the 70s.

One of the best scenes IMO.

3 words
totally frickin EPIC

Nah it wasnt. Kys cunt.

Its kino, then i saw Leia and got really fucking sad man, i didn't know i cared so much about Carrie Fisher

youtube.com/watch?v=R8oYYg75Qvg

Nice headcanon

Yeah, I know that, but if you were to watch it chronologically it would make no sense. The director should have kept this in mind, and made Vader more stiff, but just as dangerous.

He didn't need to wave his saver around like the prequels and do some cool moves. He should have just cut them down.

or perhaps not even have the scene because story wise it makes no sense, he board Leia's ship and asks questions he already knows the answers to.

Vader was stiff in Rogue one you fucking retard. He still used the same style, wide swinging arcs and heavy blows. It's not like he was spinning and flipping around. Remove the stick from your ass retard.

>basic lightsaber spins are fancy now
GTFO. He didn't do any more lightsaber spinning than he did with his duel with Luke in ESB.

No.

in one of the shots he puts both his elbows up and steps into his strikes like he's doing fucking silat. He's Darth Vader, not Batman. The movie took pains to match the ANH aesthetic but clearly failed a lot. Vader doesn't sound like he did in ANH (because James Earl Jones is basically a corpse) and he doesn't move like him either.