This film is coming out less than a month from now, how the fuck is Sup Forums not excited for this?!?

This film is coming out less than a month from now, how the fuck is Sup Forums not excited for this?!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Abkvw1eFPo
screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-2-8k-camera-system/
bingeclock.com/film/marathon/marvel-cinematic-universe-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the plot of this movie?

With Marvel coming out with so many movies, it's like eating cake everyday.

>At first it's great
>Then it's okay
>Then it's gross
>Then it becomes nothing

I'm very excited.

The Golden people, who aren't the Church of Illumination from the Abnett run, but are related to Adam Warlock, capture Nebula and give her to the Guardians in exchange for them killing the big tooth tentacle monster.

Rocket steals shit from them too, so they start hunting the Guardians. Guardians end up on Ego, who we discover is Star-Lord's dad, while Rocket goes to recruit the Ravagers who've had a recent coup, Yondu is now ousted as leader.

Then pop music, sweet visuals, quips that autists will latch onto and REEE about for years, corporate-mandated scenes that dampen the whole film, but overall a great summer flick.

because the first one is insanely overrated and shit for rewatch value. This thing will probably be 90% on RT but be empty and devoid of any actual value

bravo, my thoughts exactly

What is "actual value" user? Is there a movie out there that, when I watch it, gives me free weed and clears my cholesterol while jerking me off?

It'll be the standard Marvel faire. Funny and entertaining while it's here, but largely forgettable afterward once the initial hype wears out.

Not really, the first one was pretty meh

We aren't allowed to be excited for Marvel Movies or acknowledge they were great after they come out, because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out.

If a new Marvel Movie isn't an “Avengers tier” pop culture defining revolution then they claim it was a dud, that "People aren't even talking about it", that "I don't even know anyone who cares Marvel movies anymore", that "the bubble has burst." Chastising it with increasingly brazen parroted criticisms that dubiously never go into any more specifics or detail than what can be gleamed from the trailers.

All those box office bucks and records broken don't matter either, because making more money isn’t proof of quality (“muh bayformers”), but when it comes to DC, "hey look at all the money BVS and SS made despite everyone claiming they were shit!"

And all the pop culture adoration for the MCU with everyone on social media, TV and the streets singing its praises doesn't count because popularity isn’t proof of quality (“muh ad populum”), but, by god, you better believe there’s a sales chart waiting to be posted at a moment’s notice detailing Halloween Costume, Hot Topic and Toy sales should anyone doubt the DCEU’s popularity.

As for those critic reviews and movie aggregate sites, don’t bother bringing them up because “Disney bribes everyone with Mouse Money” and Rotten Tomatoes (despite being owned by Warner Bros) is clear proof of this, but at least we can still count on the Oscars (with judges who don't even watch most the movies awarded) to recognize true greatness.

And should you ever wear one of these trolls down into admitting or even implying the MCU is better than the DCEU that doesn’t mean jack squat because DC still has better Batman cartoons, better Batman comics, better Batman video games and better Batman Lego sets than Marvel.

Is this the hot new pasta?

It's stale pasta made by someone whose been posting on Sup Forums for too long

We know it will be good.

No reason to get excited. Just show up, strap in and enjoy the ride.

Holy persecution complex Batman! But it's true that the MCU has zero oscar lmao

I am excited, but co isn't really the place to go to discuss marvel stuff

Sup Forums isn't the place to discuss any kind of stuff. Enjoy storytime threads and disregard everything else.

sounds like more of a red box movie tbqh

I'm cautiously optimistic.

>how the fuck is Sup Forums not excited for this?!?

We're too afraid Sup Forums won't think we're cool if we like a movie that's entertaining.

Definitely looking forward to it, but the hype's a bit overshadowed by Spidey and Thor: Ragnarok. They look like they're gonna be something new and different, whereas Guardians is just Guardians (which isn't a bad thing in my book).

this

we could be talking about how great this is going to be or the fact that Stallone was revealed to be starhawk right now if it weren't for Sup Forums and their "kino" bs

the fact that all these movies are going to make a billion while WW and JL are going to be massive bombs makes me feel a bit better though

lol I am groot

I'm super pumped, last movie I was pumped for was Minions. This looks at least as good, I guess the question is what's funnier? Banana or groot?

Also I hope we get more old school music. Shit my grandpa likes makes me laugh lol

Looking forward to Creed II as well. Film did the soft reboot better than Episode VII

I liked Minions. Always enjoy it when things show that Bad and Evil are always "bad" things.

This is hella epic! I can't believe my great-grandpa used these!

I'm incredibly excited for it, I just don't feel like there's much to talk about until I actually see the movie. I'd also rather reread the comics for the umpteenth time than waste my time trying to have a good discussion about the movies on here anyway.

These. You cant go wrong with a Marvel movie. Theres just not much to talk about until after the movie is out and whether or not theres a good lead in / easter egg(s) for future movies.

>You cant go wrong with a Marvel movie.
Are you part of the marketing team?

>91326185
>This nigga immediately goes and claims "s-s-shill" even though he explains that there's the issue about if there's a good lead in, or ar easter egg, or references to upcoming movies.
>Even when there's no hints about that user trying to sell the movie.

This is a brain on Sup Forums.
Any questions?

@91326185
figures a retard who named themself after BOX OFFICE POISON can't understand people liking a successful movie/franchise

1. It has no obvious warning signs or worrisome elements for trolls to exploit. They tried the "Ego not a living planet hurrrr", but contradicting information shut that down. With everyone assuming it will be a great movie we can most likely expect post movie release shitposting rather than any more pre-emptive hype killing.

2. Trolls & Snyder Shills are too busy shitting on Spider-Man Homecoming right now to focus on this. Spider-Man is what they perceive as the biggest threat to the DCEU right now because they know how big Spidey is.

3. Very rarely does Sup Forums make threads in any great frequency about anything that isn't rooted in either "Waifu posting", "Shit Posting" or "Story Timing". If you can't say anything bad about something then there's no reason to make a thread about it on Sup Forums essentially.

4. As stated above in the copypasta, DCEU are just assumed to be shit (and deservingly so) so there's no real reason to make a thread about an upcoming DCEU movie and expect any discussion other than to hype it or hope it will be the outlier that redeems this train wreck franchise. MCU movies are just assumed to be good (and deservingly so) so the only reason to make threads about an upcoming MCU movie and expect any discussion other than to worry or complain about something, hoping it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back or bursts the MCU bubble.

>Stallone was revealed to be starhawk

For real? Man I don't even know what the fuck Gunn is doing anymore, but I fucking like it.

Because I'm excited for the smurf movie,
But this movie looks like fun too.

Because it's a MCU movie so you know exactly how it's going to go and exactly how it will end. Also, none of the comedy appeals to me.

This is my new favorite pasta.

Although I'm not too excited for GotG2 myself since I didn't like the first one very much.

guardians is a weak ass baby shit type movie, 1st one was boring and made me sleepy, 2d one will be more of the same, if your not a child then you will hate it and children will only like it for rocket and groot, marvel need to stop fucking up and bring i something better space wise, they are also fucking up with no beta ray bill

>they are also fucking up with no beta ray bill
Blame the fuckawful thor flicks. At this point, it's a blessing they haven't used him, and hopefully they never will.

because it butchered marvel cosmic books for "synergy

Rocket is the only good thing in those movies. Quill is a manchild, Drax is the big dumb muscle, Gamora has zero personality, baby Groot would've been cool but it looks like he's sticking around for the entire movie which makes it over the top.

As for the newcomers, Nebula and Mantis might be cool. Yondu would've been better off as his own original character instead of stealing the name from the comic version

I forgot about it. I also forgot about Wonder Woman until my roommate reminded me.

>I also forgot about Wonder Woman until my roommate reminded me.
reminded you how fucking awful it's going to be, right?

Can you name a MCU movie that was worse than "That was all right"

because it's a meme movie taylor made for reddi

Thor.

>how the fuck is Sup Forums not excited for this?!?

Because we aren't all braindead retard casuals?

Also some people really hate the MCU for not being the DCEU

The plot looks like a muddled clusterfuck, quite honestly. I hat to say it, but the multiple, seemingly unrelated villain groups are giving me a "Spider-Man 3" vibe. I maintain that the way to do a movie with multiple villains from the comics in one movie is the Cap TWS or Daredevil Season 1 way: All the villains are part of a single, easily summarized threat that the hero/heroes need to defeat, ideally part of the same organization.

The Ravagers are working for the Sovereigns.

>I hat to say it, but the multiple, seemingly unrelated villain groups are giving me a "Spider-Man 3" vibe.

The gold people look to be the main threat to me. The Ravagers are essentially a side-threat from what I gather, Rocket and Groot face them when they go to recruit Yondu. Ego might also wind up being the "final villain" or whatever who destroys the gold people before the Guardians try to stop him.

>What is "actual value" user? Is there a movie out there that, when I watch it, gives me free weed and clears my cholesterol while jerking me off?

Batman v Superman

Rocket and Groot don't "recruit" Yondu, they're saddled with him.

>It's stale pasta made by someone whose been posting on Sup Forums for too long

Doubly redundant.

Should be a cool rental

Ego, as in the living Planet is Starlord's dad?

Yes, he is Star Lord's father.

Yes, he has a penis.

None of the trailers have been even the least bit funny. It just looks fucking dire. The only thing I'm looking forward to is how mad nerds get at the negative reviews for this. I remember the comments on the village voice review of GotG were fucking brutally asspained.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Abkvw1eFPo

Couldn't have worded it better myself

Even where some group of nerds has total box office ascendancy they still have ridiculous persecution complexes. Just goes to show you they'll never be happy.

Thor, Thor 2, Iron man 2, Iron man 3, Hulk.

Civil War was straight garbage.

sad pathetic dc liars

face it those movies were amazing and Blunder Womyn and Just Losers are going to be rotten and bomb harder than Pan and King Arthur combined

Sup Forums isn't allowed to be excited for anything anymore.

t. Marvel marketing intern.

Because I feel like I've already watched every MCU movie ever.

I got tired of all this irony- and meme-laden flicks that trade plot structures and compelling characters for quips and winks at the camera.

Seriously, even most cartoons airing right now aren't as childish and ridiculous as GOTG 2 is shaping up to be. All I expect is Pluto Nash with an overblown CGI budget.

I WISH!

Those guys are awesome

This.

Sugar cloys, and you need water and something salty to wash down that excess sweetness, and thus far, MCU films have been nothing but one spoonful of pure fructose after another.

I didn't enjoy the first one. I think Thor2 is the only one I liked less... and I'm really not sure of that. I at least enjoyed the Asgardians and booby girl in Thor 2.

I'm excited. There just isn't much else to discuss other than that (being excited). Not a lot of info has been released other than cast/character stuff.

How bad is the cgi in this movie going to look in 8k?

screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-2-8k-camera-system/

>For the sequel, it seems that James Gunn and his production team might try to outdo themselves when it comes to expanding the cosmic world of Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s not going to be an easy undertaking, but it appears Marvel and Gunn now have the tools to make Vol. 2 look really, really sharp.

Digital camera company RED announced that they will partner up with Marvel Studio for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, which will be the first movie to use RED’s new WEAPON 8K camera during production. From the press release from RED:

>“We are all hugely excited to be shooting the next Guardians of the Galaxy on the new WEAPON 8K. This is my third collaboration with RED, having previously shot with the RED EPIC® on Prometheus and the EPIC DRAGON on Tarzan,” says Nik Korda, Executive Producer. “The large sensor size and super high resolution offered by the new WEAPON 8K, combined with its lightweight and compact size open up a whole range of new creative possibilities.”

>While a majority of modern movie theaters can only digitally project at 4K, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will shoot at a higher resolution of 8K, which could make images sharper and more vibrant. The high resolution sensors on RED’s WEAPON 8K can capture more color information for clearer and more crisp images than 4K. In addition, the cameras can also be outfitted with 35mm lenses. No Film School has a good breakdown of the benefits of shooting with 8K cameras and sensors here.

Marvel films come out only twice a year (three this year with Sony's Spider-man) so I don't understand this analogy?

I mean if you watched them all at once, yeah, but no one has done that since phase 1 I bet you.

It's already been out in the UK for 5 days lmao.

I kinda like how obnoxious this movie poster is...but why that expression for StarLord?? Pratt has a really expressive face...they pick this one for the poster.

>I bet you.
no doubt you would lose that bet

I didn't even remember it was coming out until I went down the chip aisle at the grocery store and saw a promotion for it a couple of days ago. But whatever though, I waited for the home release on the first one. I can do it for the second too. I'm sure it'll be entertaining but I don't really care.

>I mean if you watched them all at once, yeah, but no one has done that since phase 1 I bet you.

I'm planning to do that before infinity War comes out, I will probably die from trombosis since it already took 15+ hours when I last did it.

I'm not gonna do a single marathon, but you can bet I'll be watching each of them in the month or so before hand.

I don't understand why people use "millennials" as a catchall term for young person. It's the sub-millennials who are too young to remember walkmans.

I'm boycotting Marvel period since the MCU seemed to have forgotten or can't figure out that they're ADAPTING stories. It's like they look at comic book covers and just do their own thing based on that.

Here's how long it'll take:
bingeclock.com/film/marathon/marvel-cinematic-universe-2

>Current 14 movies
29h 24m
>3 more movies @2 hr average
6 more hours
>3 more movies before Phase 3 finale
Another 6 hours

Total: ~42 hours

Let's get crazy and do an ENTIRE MCU marathon! This is just the stuff that's confirmed will happen by then, who knows what the future holds for Marvel TV.

>Netflix: 125 episodes
>AoS: 88 episodes
>Agent Carter: 18 episodes
>Inhumans: 8 episodes
>Cloak & Dagger: 10 episodes
>TOTAL: 249 episodes
At 45 minutes per episode, that's a total runtime of ~187 hours.

So all in all, you're looking at at least 239 hours of MCU, almost exactly 10 full days of content.

Let's do it.

>boycott
Dang you showed them.

They're adapting characters, not stories. Don't be retarded.

Millenials is such an stupid term. People in their 30s to the 20s already in collage are all supposed to be millenials but everyone treats the term still as it meaning teens. Mp3 players werent as big as the Walkman till the iPod came out and Ipods didn't push Walkman out of the public conscience well into the mid late 2000s. If you watched TV as a kid you still saw cassettes and Walkmans until smartphones replaced them.

holy shit, as others have said, the persecution complex is real

>Marvel films come out only twice a year
ONLY twice a year? Back in the day people waited three whole years in between Star Wars movies, and I bet they appreciated them a lot more for it.

>(three this year with Sony's Spider-man)
And next year with Black Panther, Avengers, and Ant-Man 2
And the year after that with Captain Marvel, ANOTHER Avengers and Spider-Man 2.
And presumably every year going forward.

>HAHA Marvel now you're only making $1,999,999,987 on this movie instead of $2,000,000,000

All of them?

>ARGH, WHY DO THEY KEEP PUTTING OUT MOVIES WITH CHARACTERS I LIKE!!

I don't see the problem.

Add The New Warriors that was confirmed the other day too. That will be 10 eps as well.

in the trailer they talk about saving the galaxy again, so I figured the golden people were secretly up to something evil or whatever. Makes more sense than them just getting butthurt that Rocket stole from them

>just do their own thing

I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

Dude what? there was a whole period before MP3 players got big where people ditched casettes in favor of CDs.

Large numbers of people actually care about Spider-Man before this movie coming up. So, if it's too different from how many people remember the cartoons, movies, and comicbooks of Spider-Man; many people might dislike it unless it's good enough to make up for that if it occurs.

>smartphones replaced cassettes
>what are CDs
>what are minidiscs
>what are MP3 players
The iPhone came out in 2007. CDs started outselling tapes in 1991.

Its a movie for stupid peope , children and man child dads and the dead pool audience

Its also very cheap looking I'll just torrent

That's Spider-Man, they won't make him to different.
Being different from the comic is good in some cases.
Civil War being the obvious example.

>Hulk
This meme needs to stop. It was alright, at the very least better than either thor flick, and norton is infinitely better than ruffalo.

>GOTG 2 is coming out in less than a month, why doesn't anybody care?
>Because they come out to often for us to care anymore.

We're just answering the OP's thesis question.