>As more and more of Spider-Man: Homecoming is shown ahead of its July 6 theatrical debut...

>>As more and more of Spider-Man: Homecoming is shown ahead of its July 6 theatrical debut, one of the big questions Spidey fans are having isn't about some big cliffhanger, but if Jacob Batalon's Ned is actually Miles Morales' comic book best friend, Ganke. After being silent for months about the subject, Ganke co-creator Brian Michael Bendis has commented on the similarities.

>>"I'll be very honest right now. I hae not talked about this publicly, but it feels very bizarre," said Bendis on the podcast Ultimate Spin. "Most of the time when characters I've had a hand in make it to the screen, from Jessica Jones to Maria Hill to Quake, the level of quality in the adaptation and care in which they bring it past the initial adaptation has been uniformally amazing - second to none."

>>Bendis goes to to say that he is reserving judgement and has no ill will, but said there is "so much" in the Spider-Man: Homecoming trailers from his comic book work on Ultimate Spider-Man.

>>"I've not seen Spider-Man: Homecoming, so wait until we see what we see. But yeah, it's bizarre and flattering," the writer continued. "I don't even know that Ganke was the inspiration, or that they got to this place on their own. It seems like it might have been, but no one's told me. There's so much in that first trailer from Ultimate Spider-Man. But Ganke wasn't part of Peter's story - he was part of Miles."

>>That being said, Bendis said he has written a joke about it for Ganke to appear in an upcoming title.

>>"I did get permission to pull off a Ganke joke that is so phenomenal, that it makes up for whatever weird feeling I have. It's not bad, just weird."

>>Spider-Man: Homecoming is scheduled to debut July 6. Ganke appears in Marvel Comics' monthly Spider-Man comic book title.

newsarama.com/33921-is-that-ganke-or-ned-in-spider-man-homecoming-bendis-comments-on-ultimate-spidey-s-inspiration.html

Ah here we go. Can't wait for a pointless boycott.

>bendis is asshurt

Good. Eat a dick, Eggman.

I love Spider Man, but this one looks like shit

That kid has huge lips.

Then he's perfect

You could have maybe argued that he wasn't Ganke renamed Ned Leeds and it was just a coincidence originally, but that Lego seen is fucking straight out of Ultimate Spider-man.

>Bendis said he has written a joke about it for Ganke to appear in an upcoming title.
I called it yesterday.

A dumb Peter/Ganke joke in the comics out of nowhere because >muh MCU

I will see this movie 20 times now just to make Benis mad

I hope they take Bombshell for the next movie just as a fuck you to bendis more.

>Bendis hasn't seen the movie and nobody's told him anything but he thinks that character looks like Ganke so he'll happily take credit for it
Okay

>supporting Amy Pascal
You're trading one bad for another.

Bendis probably butthurt that he can't get royalties

user, have you seen the trailers? It's pretty clearly Ganke renamed Ned Leeds. That lego scene is taken straight out of USM.

That, and probably butthurt that Miles won't join the MCU.

Calling him Eggman implies that he has a master plan, and isn't just throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks.

Can't they see that black kids need role models?

>Marvel
>royalties

hehheh

So are they going to make Animated Ganke look like Ned Lee from Spectacular Spider-Man?

Spider man is fucking garbage and so is Sony and Bendis. It's a trinity of shit

Isn't it now implied that the legos are Peter's and not Ned's? That he just happens to be in Peter's room rather than they both share a dorm?

I fucking hope Bendis doesn't receive any royalties from thos.

You already have Falcon, Lame Machine and Catman in the MCU blackies :^)

I don't really care if sony pictures crashes and burns