In honor of comedy legend Don Rickles...

In honor of comedy legend Don Rickles, here's a quaint little story from the Golden age or Silver age or whatever age this is from

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F4m5HLVwsco
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-s-Pal-Jimmy-Olsen/Issue-141?id=69398#1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oh yea i forgot this is the era where the cover was always a blatant false advertisement meant to trick dumb kids, I actually have no idea when/if Don Rickles actually appears in this

Wonder how much a physical, mint condition copy of this is worth now. Are all old, mint comics valuable or just the ones people give a shit about like the early Superman, Batman, and Spiderman issues?

Is The Guardian even still around?

So Supes just has to hope that no one ever sees him entering Clark Kents apartment window?

Fuck yea ads in old comics are the shit

Jimmys kind of a dumb retard

Now this is some sketchy shit right here, it is 1971 after all

>The ring is beautiful dear where ever did you get it?

>Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen issue 139, page 12!

I'm starting to get the feeling Don is only gonna appear for one page at the very end

That's the second blurb telling me to read the previous issue. I imagine the previous issue also has blurbs telling me to read the previous previous issue, and it keeps going and going and going backwards until you end up at Action Comics #1

Hey, it's the man of the hour, the star of the show! The cold body on the mortuary slab!

>Walter Cronkite
>Truman Capote
>John Wayne

yep, sure is 1971

Had no idea Chia Pets were so unoriginal.

Fuckin Beyblades too, goddamn the early 70s were fucking LIT if you were 12

I wonder what Steve Utley, Gerard Triano, and Jim Zimmerman are up to now
If they aren't dead I hope atleast they're reading better comics

SEA MONKEYS

FUCK YEA

SEA MONKEYS

FUCK YEA

Also The HOUSE of FORBIDDEN LOVE: The Secret of The Missing Bride looks like quality literature.

I hope Goody Rickles is in Justice League

I'll admit to only reading this one issue, and seeing a bunch of covers from Superdickery, but I think it's safe to assume Supermans Pal: Jimmy Olsen isn't a comic worth reading

I thought Jimmy was saying GOODY GOODY because he was happy about beating up that dude but then I remembered it was a guys name

I wonder how much a vintage Action Comics #1 T Shirt goes for.

And the ad on the top I just don't understand. You pay 5 bucks in 1971 dollars for a bag of assorted change?

yes of course I realize im a stupid piece of shit that forgot the image and wasted 59 seconds of everyone time and yes i am contemplating suicide over it

Thank you so much, OP.

Rickles was a legend. F

youtube.com/watch?v=F4m5HLVwsco

Wasn't there a thread the other day about how fight scenes in western comics are really bad and lack energy and direction?

Remember that it could always be worse

How the fuck can the Space Time continuum be far from earth it's not even a real physical space it's like a concept of the fabric of reality itself, you're literally always in the space time continuum. The only guy here who isn't in it is Don Rickles and that's only because he's abandoned the mortal coil

>Zeppelin was well received by the public, who viewed the Zeppelin airship as the real "star", but critical reaction was not positive.[3] The review in Variety noted, "Zeppelin settles for being just another wartime melodrama, with some good aerial sequences and a powerful, brisk raid sequence in the finale."[1] In his review, A. H. Weiler at The New York Times opined, "... the storied, giant, silver, cigar-shaped dirigible is carrying a flimsy, lighter-than-air spy tale that wouldn't burden a carrier pigeon."[4]

hmm, might have to check it out

Fourth World is Bronze Age, man.

Is that why this is so shitty and boring? That bronze seal of mediocrity?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE NEWSBOY LEGION???

Because you aren't reading it.

This is just like that episode of Powerpuff girls where Professor Utonium is forced to eat a single pea at gun point.

Fuck my ass thats the end and Don Rickles never even showed up.

im so sorry to have wasted everybody's time

Atleast we get more kickass ads. This shit looks fuckin baller

Sure looks more interesting than fucking Jimmy Olsen

And here's what happens in the next issue, which is over 60 pages so im not storytiming that shit

So yea I guess I was right when I said "Blatant false advertising" earlier

Story does continue in #141, try that

>Starring Michael York

Mitebgood.

it's over 50 pages, even if I don't post the ads, which are such a big part of the charm I would be remiss to NOT post them, it's still more effort than I give a shit to put in

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-s-Pal-Jimmy-Olsen/Issue-141?id=69398#1

Here it is if you really want to read it that badly.

Thanks OP

Rickles is right here

>Lion called Simba
Didn't know the same thing about Disney.

>Jimmy Olsen isn't a comic worth reading

Only the Jack Kirby stuff, which this is

It's such a shame they had Swan redo Superman's faces

>I think it's safe to assume Supermans Pal: Jimmy Olsen isn't a comic worth reading

Dude...Jimmy Olsen & Lois Lane are the most hysterically goofiest Silver Age capeshit you'll ever read!