It's not an error, we do it on purpose to make shots more dynamic, and let storyboarders have their own personal styles!

>It's not an error, we do it on purpose to make shots more dynamic, and let storyboarders have their own personal styles!

What's the top one supposed to mean? It's just what inklings look like growing up.

Honey, I shrunk Steven Universe

it's not just the art style they also do whatever the fuck they want with the character's personalities

Crystal Midgets?

did...she really get that short?

I'd diddle that squiddle.

shit show

The entire point of cartooning is stylization.

I'm pretty sure it's the implied evolution of inklings, not what young squids look like.

>INB4 they retcon it as Homeworld spraying estrogen or some shit to make humans weaker.
>They still fuck up proportions.

You can't dismiss all inconsistency as "style." When two characters, standing side by side, in the EXACT SAME EPISODE don't measure up to each other correctly, it's laziness.

>1700+300+10+10-2
>Using estrogen to cause someone harm

Precisely this.

And it isn't just the size. What did they do with her color scheme in the second picture from the right?

The first image used for Peridot is a bit of bad arguing to make it seem worse, the first version is so different because it was in universe a completely different form with different equipment.

It's only there to make it seem worse than it is. Now it is awful, but at least they should argue in good conscious.

YOU'RE A KID NOW

Why? If someone chooses not to worry about visual consistency in a cartoon, why does that make you sperg out?

because it looks like shit.

Not really, the first and second fit each other. Second looks just like first, but without the tech. You need to show that change before you show how the design actually degenerates.

Doesn't bother me, probably because I don't constantly look for it to bitch about it.

>chooses not to worry
So if you "choose not to worry" about keeping a store clean when you're a janitor, is that acceptable? What if you "choose not to stock shelves" in a convenience store?

They have a job to do and they are performing it poorly. Saying "No it's OK, being a lazy shit was a choice" does not ever constitute an excuse.

You never, EVER have to look for Steven Universe looking like shit to notice that it looks like shit.

no that's actually how inklings grow up, retard. They don't get human bodies till they're your ingame age.

It happened so gradually I didn't noticed

Poor analogy. Unlike animation, there's only one way for a store to look clean.

And characters should have one base design. Perfect analogy.

>retard
Because not knowing Splatoon trivia is the basis for retardation.

Which is what they have that's free to artist's interpretation.

>cleanliness is up to the janitors interpretation

This show is such shit.

If your artists can't cooperate on a single interpretation for even the same episode, there's a problem.

Honestly, I'm starting to feel the same way.

Sugar is outright retarded when it comes to relationships or how non-autistic people function.

>comparing the uniformity of janitoring to the diversity of art

>"We aren't skilled enough to draw a character the same way twice, despite being in animation!"
>"Better tell everyone that's the point! Wew, crisis averted!"

For you, maybe, but now for how they choose to do things.

For everyone. And it's disgusting you let them off the hook because of your fangoggles. Their team has zero technical skill, and it's readily apparent to anyone.

Remember when cartoon artists were kept to a certain standard?

>but now for how they choose to do things.
what they choose to do is killing the show and ruining the potential it had in the beginning of the series.

Will Peridot ever become a serious character as CG or is she now forever doomed to be a pint sized dork?

It's funny to think once upon a time, artists were expected to be skilled, disciplined and show professionalism. Thanks Cal Arts.

>forever doomed to be a pint sized dork?
yes.

S1 Connie does look like a 13 year old kid. the new designs make her and Steven look 8-9.

>"I personally have a problem with how a show is chosen to be storyboarded!"
>"Better call them all incompetent! That'll make me feel better!"

Didn't know you represented everyone. Most people I've seen don't care.

Don't see how variable art styles affect the intended direction of the show.

Why do the first and the third have the exact same face? Like, not even that their expression is similar, they have the same hair tufting going on and everything.

The 1st picture's an edited version of the 3rd picture.

>artists scrape by with minimal skill
>"Oh no, someone brought up the blatant lack of artistic skill present in the show! SU defense force, AWAY!"

I don't mind having a BIT of difference in style but SU needs more control. There's too much freedom between models. and boarders. Some are great at staying on model and some make them look like chibis (or god forbid they draw pearl like Helen Jo)

all i know is it ruined adventure time if that makes me a sperg so be it

Oh, okay. So is the first how the character is supposed to look, or is it like people were saying it's just supposed to be a one off sorta thing?

+1

If I choose to sometimes draw a perfect circle and then later have that circle be a rhombus and no one mentions it, I assume that it's a fucking lazy artist who didn't want to put in the effort, and it's distracting. It's a trash move.

Forget the fucking garbage character art what happened to the settings in this show?

We used to go to cool temples n' shit...

The character has "limb enhancers" which you can see in the first picture.
The third picture is what her proportions would be like if those were taken off.

I really would have preferred her being a nazi scientist.

>They try really really hard, gaiz!

>It's minimal because I say it is!"

This is just so painful to look at.

>It's not minimal effort, despite them not having model sheets or other extremely basic things professional cartoonists do for the sake of having a pleasing aesthetic
But they totally care as much as those professional artists, right?

>They don't get human bodies till they're your ingame age

They get human bodies at 14.

Boarders keep writing townie episodes n' shit. Kind of sad, because Steven Sugar draws really nice backdrops.

But rebecca sugar didn't go to calarts

They do have model sheets which are meant to show off the base designs. This one, in particular, advocates the artistic freedom.

Just don't reply, it's all bait

Because the show went from monster/mission of the week with occasional plot happenings to boring townie episodes with ocassional plot happenings.

They literally do not use these anymore

There's a difference between artistic freedom and Steven going from the height of a counter in one ep and having to use a stand in the other.

I barely even recognize SU characters as whole designs. Instead I just see colors and shapes that form symbols in my mind of the different characters

>They literally do not use these anymore

How do you know? You work at the studio?

Steven Universe is shit and Peridot is worst gem

this is more or less because one piece has been around for 20 years the artist is bound to change or develop his/her style over the years whether they intend to or not

I just explained why

They also stopped posting model sheets even for newer characters.

Why are defending this shows inconsistent art so badly? This cartoon isn't even like an actual comedy (or super cartoony); where the art shifting like this wouldn't be too much of a problem. But for a show like Steven Universe, most of the art inconsistencies look bad. They don't look creative. They look bad.

Fuck you

It's been a similar droft with SU. Less uniform, definitely, but the proportions have definitely shifted towards more cutesy over time.

Also there's a big difference between a single artist and some editors working a monthly schedule

>I just explained why

When?

>They also stopped posting model sheets even for newer characters.

Doesn't mean they don't exist.

Epic false flag, bro.

Remember when studios had model sheets for their character?

For fucks sake, the first episode of the PPG reboot broke every single rule on how to draw them.

>Steven going from the height of a counter in one ep and having to use a stand in the other.

Anyone got the pic

Did they learn nothing from the master?

Gotcha senpai.

Why is this only bothering you now, and not 4 years ago when the show first premiered, because the inconsistent boarding was prevalent back then as well.

>they dont use model sheets because I say so

I'm guessing because it's gotten worse with each passing season?

>beginning theme of show
>you can mature without having to resort to "manning up"

>present day show
>Steven is now more of a child/whiny cunt than he ever has been before

Fucks sake man. The episode after Jailbreak showed a lot of promise for his character.

dude you don't have to be sad that you got schooled by that user superior knowledge of splatoon lore

Back in the 40s?

Explain this then?

At least she's happy

That's not surprising, since she is on the spectrum, herself.

Not him but disregarding height and proportions, Steven still looks like Steven in both images.

>Fucks sake man. The episode after Jailbreak showed a lot of promise for his character
I overall didn't like that episode, fur the most part it was "ahhh I don't want Connie to be dead so I'll stop putting her in danger unless she really likes me"

You know what I realized? Lord fucking Dominator from WOY has more character to her than Lapis Lazuli and she was in like 3-6 episodes. That's pathetic.

Model sheets are designed to keep more consistency than general appearance. Something like height should be established on them.

>disregarding the problems there's no problem!

He always looks the same, that has nothing to do with them not using model sheets.

>literally every other show

Connies as tall as Pearl in this episode