Anyone else think this film is kind of underrated? As a fan of the SH series I thought this film was pretty good

Anyone else think this film is kind of underrated? As a fan of the SH series I thought this film was pretty good.

It was an excellent blending of the first and second games.

Probably one of if not the best translations of video game to film there is.

Seriously great atmosphere and great soundtrack, but the writing and acting sucked.

Mortal Kombat was the better videogame movie

>Anyone else think this film is kind of underrated?
No, were you even alive when it released? Word of mouth (kek) was very positive.

I remember it getting really bland to bad reviews by critics, because they didn't understand the plot. Understandable, but not exactly fair.

The atmosphere was great, genuinely scary even though I only just saw it recently.

I liked the atmosphere but the writing was pretty stupid, like what they did to Dahlia despite creating an expy of her character for no reason.
I used to live in the city they filmed it in as a kid too, it really is a ghost town. Ironically there was apparently a native curse placed upon it for building over sacred areas.

They could've done the exposition better for non silenthillfags instead of having the little girl explain everything.

I like the start until they meet other people, I don't like much of anything from the congregation parts, but I like the ending. Probably the ending the most.

it's the only good video game movie, Imo.
I didn't like that pyramid head was included though, but I guess he's "the face" of Silent Hill.
Really bummed how bad they dropped the ball with the sequel, Heather cast was really good but the film was a huge waste of potential and humiliation to Carrie Anne Moss

It was only decent because it just lifted the story from the first game the boss from the second game then threw in some female centric "mother is God in the eye of a child" shit.

I can believe that, most video game adaptions are snubbed because they're usually shit. What I'm saying is the word of mouth around the time was quite positive, I remember a lot of people liking it who had no idea what the video game was even about. Critics are usually blindfolded plebs anyway.

this movie is comfy as fuck, idk why

i enjoyed it
i also enjoy licking my armpits when i fap because it tastes like vagina

>most video game adaptions are snubbed because they're usually shit
Yeah. And I'm not even gonna talk about writing, because people overestimate the importance of scripts. Most video game movies just look amateurish, skilled filmmakers don't touch these projects. Silent Hill has the benefit of looking like a real movie and to me that matters more than dialogue or whatever.

Saw it in theaters and did not know it was a video game. From that perspective it is a good time.

Yes I love this movie. Fuck Sup Forums.

but that's exactly what she is, it's explained in the third game if I remember right.

Literally yes. Gets better with every viewing.

Better than the Resident Evil movies

I randomly came across it on TV, didn't even know it existed. It was okay, sadly I don't really know the games that well

Never played the games, loved the movie to bits. Flawless in my opinion. Mood, acting (Jodelle with two roles especially), scare and worldbuilding.

The sequel was an insult to all that is good.

>high school characterization with Jon "I Can't Act For The Life Of Me" Snow as the love interest

There was no sequel.

No cares about your opinion. Just state your case and fuck off.
The movie is an embarrassment to the original games. Lousy script, needlessly flashy cgi and set pieces, slavishly adherent to the material, hearing the music copped straight from the games is cringe-y.

Its a bad movie and a bad adaption of the games, only real positive note I can think of is the use of practical effects and real costumes for the monsters

She has three roles, Alessa, Dark Alessa, and Sharon