Justice League chill thread

>people have taken to placing flowers around the statue where the Superman fought the undead creature
>government has taken control, power, over the area and cordoned it off
>public respects this and places their flowers, balloons, and pictures that all from a distance seem personal
>the pictures are all aimed at the destroyed statue
>it's now a site where the Superman has twice saved the world from annihilation
>it's by all practical means a holy site
>a holy site that the public doesn't have access to and do not touch
>clark is the only one to touch it at his revival

what the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

superherotalksite.wordpress.com/2017/12/09/justice-leagues-steppenwolf-ciaran-hinds-was-not-happy-with-the-theatrical-cut/
youtube.com/watch?v=d_N4lCmgKTA
youtu.be/Dq-SVzEJPu4
youtube.com/watch?v=V4Jppa8t6mc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I really wish they just delayed it until Snyder came back. I watched MoS, BvS then went to see JL again yesterday and my god does it stand out like a sore thumb.

lol mods is this spam?

Should be placing flowers around this giant shitfest’s box office.

Did you notice the way the camera lingered on Pa Kent's photo in the Genesis chamber scene? I think it's intended to foreshadow something, not necessarily events depicted in the movie.

lol
how exactly was this photograph oriented on screen? how was it placed, both in its own orientation and in relation to its background? anyway my point is that it matches with the shots of the 'change engine' mother(box)

But MoS was absolutely terrible. Like one of the worst movies I've ever seen terrible

Snyder was never ever coming back. It's clear they wanted him out at that point.

>>clark is the only one to touch it at his revival

You forgot the disciples of clark...the league..also touched the site. Where upon his immediate resurrection, tested their devotion

JL is so bad. I can't believe how overly reactionary WB was to the crying of manchildren.

Oh well. Atleast we got BvS UC. That has to count for something.

>gal will never be your wife
>she'll never be the mother of your children and look up at you with that smile while she tickles them

Fuck I can't do this shit anymore. I'm so sad I want to fucking kill myself. Where can I just find someone kind and decent like this ffs4

That scene looks bad because it was turned to day in post. You can see the background the lights are on. Whedon literally CGI-ed out the darker colors. So absurd. So dumb and petty.

This movie sucked balls

More specifically, they crossed the threshold that the others didn't and entered in this 'holy of holies' and touched HIM, aside from Barry who was toppled against the names of the fallen and Victor's missile that shot out of an uncontrollable fight response to the Superman

inaccurate, this picture matches the bts footage released before the reshoots

the clearest mismatch is in footage of the final sequence, the obvious nighttime look of the early footage compared to the HEY DO YOU LIKE RED of the final trailers

the general lighting was nowhere near as controlled as in dawn of justice

Henry is the best

>inaccurate, this picture matches the bts footage released before the reshoots
But like I told you, that scene wasn't reshot. It was Whedon simply turning up the brightness levels in post. That's not a day time scene. The lightning is all off for that. The lights are on. The general quality of the CGI is telling that it was supposed to be covered up by the dark.

Also Whedon was brought on board as early as March if not earlier.

>the cyborg is also a herald of the coming of the lovecraft from the darkness between the stars who enslaves living creatures in an undead hivemind

superherotalksite.wordpress.com/2017/12/09/justice-leagues-steppenwolf-ciaran-hinds-was-not-happy-with-the-theatrical-cut/

Reminder that Steppenwolf was also botched and Hinds hates the Whedon cut.

Jesus Christ.
Can someone look at this without laughing?

Source on dat supergirl

What frustrates me about Steppenwolf and to an even greater extent Doomsday in BvS is that they have these little flashes of characterisation but the movies are edited at such a breakneck pace that they're not allowed to properly expand on it before it rushes along to the next action sequence. Steppenwolf was a lot better than Doomsday but things were still too quick.

oh yeah for sure, snyder shoots on film to smooth out the image and make the special effects seamless. whedon's choice to shoot on digital may have been a budget choice but it directly hurt the integrity of the movie. justice league is messy in a way that snyder movies aren't

Thank you for your opinion. It mattered deeply to all concerned. Without it and the deep, meaningful insight it contained, I'm not sure I could have made it through my day.

We were lucky to get what we did.

>the clearest mismatch is in footage of the final sequence, the obvious nighttime look of the early footage compared to the HEY DO YOU LIKE RED of the final trailers

Clearly the end sequence wasn't finished by the time of the first trailer retard. Not saying the red wasn't obnoxious but clearly the bland "night time in the middle of nowhere empty city" was not the look they always hand in mind for the end fight and simply a placeholder.

>reaching for his pockets

the S stands for Shekels

Just look at MoS and BvS. The visual quality of those films is absolutely outstanding. WB spent millions making a Snyder film look like shit. All for nothing.

I think what he did was skip some scenes with time elapsing between Clark's "baptism" and resurrection.

Seriously, fuck Whedon.

>tfw even Wonder Woman looked better than JL

This was a really good scene. Some solid action.

>tfw I just want Henry Cavill to do well

If he gets to make one last Superman movie, I want it to succeed.

What are the chances that WB panics and puts Patty Jenkins in charge of everything

The "thirsty" lois lane scene with the janitor's wife interview is jarring in regards to how snyder usually handles that sort of thing
the lady being presented as a comedic beat in her vulgarness then as a subject of mockery that also ends up being vulgar is in stark contrast to the man of steel 'you are not alone' scene
youtube.com/watch?v=d_N4lCmgKTA

He already made two successful Superman films by almost every criteria except critics. You have no idea just how dead Superman was for cinema after Superman Returns. They should be grateful they were able to ressurect Superman.

I want to believe that there's some 4-d chess afoot where the Snyder footage is somehow being saved for a JL2, because until I see the original script, I will remain convinced that Clark was intended to come back possessed, even if he's not aware of it.

Basically, that would mean Whedon, the counterfeiter of comics characters, brought us back a counterfeit Superman.

Thanks, Whedon

That janitor's wife scene was a Whedon scene. What a trainwreck of a film.

I'm talking more in terms of popular reception. Fanboys and critics often piss and moan about him. Not all, but a lot. I want him to win those cunts over.

>I want him to win those cunts over.
i want him to disregard them completely

Bruh. Look at this dood

I know it's a bit of a meme to say this at this point but it honestly didn't look that bad in the theater.

The man is fucking tone-deaf. I'd blame the execs, but I can't. He could always have said no. No one forced him to merc himself out and shit all over another man's work. His decision to do so and the circumstances under which it occurred have revealed to me beyond all doubt who gives a shit about these characters and who doesn't. Snyder does. He always has. What's more, he understands that the stories can carry message in deeper ways than simply having the characters just rattle off whatever cause of the moment happens to be on the writer's mind.

Whedon's Stuckman-level dialogue coming out of these characters' mouths has earned him my undying hate. "Itchy?" Fucking seriously?

That's not the real Superman. Whedon's is a fake.

i think itchy was referring to the energy that revived him

"he's so powerful it was itchy to him"

A more repulsive line is when Superman says "I wish I was dead again".

Would the Clark established in MoS and BvS, always sincere and empathetic, really make light of death like this? And then consider that Whedon wrote and directed that when Snyder left the projwct to mourn his daughter. It's so fucked up. If Whedon wasn't tone-deaf retard I would've interpreted that as a grave insult against Snyder.

Honest question: how does he put on the suit?

Is there like a zip in the back, is the whole thing elastic or...?

apparently, not only did whedon shoot in digital in contrast to snyder, but also shot in a different aspect ratio as well, meaning justice league was cropped in more ways than one

I'm quite torn on that because on the one hand I did enjoy a lot of the humor in the movie, I just wish it didn't come at the expense of everything else.

There's a zipper in the back

*cackles*

he meant the character clark kent getting into an alien manufactured suit, not the actor getting into a prop

Probably still the zipper

You're welcome

is the zipper peak clothing technology?

I completely agree.

why did the villain walk around calling some metal cubes 'mother'?
why is it that he wants unity through his mother except his unity is death while the unity between batman and superman protects life? he overtly seeks 'love' through 'unity'

Maybe it's a lot syretchier than it looks, in-universe, that is. Kryptonian fabric has a history of being super-elastic.

In Snyders version:

>wonder women fails to stop the bomb in courthouse (this was seen the the BTS JL video as well pic related)
youtu.be/Dq-SVzEJPu4 [Open]

>Aquaman was an alcoholic battling with his demons

>Barry wasn't as quippy and was down because of his dad

>Victor was more like Frankenstein creation and was all sad

>Bruce Wayne was on suicidal mission throughout the film. The last act was him going full suicide mission on his batmobile (look out for the bullet casing motif in slow motion)

>Superman struggled with good/evil and is almost tempted by Darkside until he snaps out of it at the end. The Black suit slowly turns back to normal colour.

From what I understand, the spirit of his mother is inside the boxes. Yes, of course that information was cut.

ID RELLY SHOZ HOW DIIP AN SUPIROR DC IS

Based Kevin
youtube.com/watch?v=V4Jppa8t6mc

It is actually.

Kevin Smith is alright for a guy selling out his daughter. This is pretty good.

>3:40
Oh shit Steppenwolf was planning on rebelling and the boxes are his mother.

Seriously could they not have just made a robot suit for him to wear?

Thought for sure this said shill thread

not even the head of the suit could be made practically, everything in the design is too tight to his form, all while making sure you can always see that he doesn't have any limbs.

>not even the head of the suit could be made practically
You retard, the whole fucking suit could have been practical with some cgi here and there and it would have looked ten times better

absolutely no part of that suit could be made practically
>every part of it has to move
>all limbs and chest and abdomen reveal a lack of limbs underneath
they'd need an actual person without body limbs to practically make the effect

Reminder that the memorial was for the people who died in Zod's invasion.

In JL, Superman destroys all that shit while fighting the Flash

It was a great scene. It's just a shame that the character is required to speak and show emotion at some point in the story too.

Fuck yes. Snyder's all about some redemption arcs. Looks like he's redeeming Kevin next.

Justice League was a bad movie.

\thread

>bully
Say it to my face, wimp.

Yup.

>cg muscles
poor batfleck

We've been saying that since the first post.

your Snyder get was pretty good

DC CAPEGINO LUL I LUV BITMAN

Why are cyborgs abs staggered like that?

I'm a skinny hetro and have no idea how abs works.

JL, SS and WW are all shit and every movie after them is going to be even worse

>spoilers
T-thanks

>spoilers
T-thanks

Ab shape depends on posture during development and genes

Does Smith or any of the other "High Priests" of nerd culture ever acknowledge the allegorical components to these films, or would that earnestness cramp their "style" too much? Or are they just too dense to pick up on it?

Kevin should direct one movie in the DC universe. His Green Arrow was ok

lmao

why isn't he happy? does he hate himself or something?

They seem more obsessed with comic book nods than anything. Nothing wrong with that but I doubt they see these films past their comic book ties.

im not necessarily a fan of her wonder woman but she is an angel.

JUST

MoS was a largely Goyer/Nolan project with Snyder doing director for hire duties. If you want to blame Snyder, at least critic the BvS ultimate cut. It's the one where he had 70% or so control of the project with the least amount of outside interference

If this scene isn't cut on the DVD release I'll be annoyed

>But MoS was absolutely terrible.
Spotted the comic cocksucker.

I have never liked superman, I have in fact, always hated him because he is too strong to be entertaining. I have spend from the 90s to the early 10s my free time shitting on him. Until Man of Steel came out.

Man of Steel, is in fact, my favorite capeshit film of all times. Your opinion is shit and has never been good. Bring back Nolan+Snyder combo, and let Nolan put Snyder's ideas in check. This is how the best superhero movie was made(Man of Steel), and this is how it should be done.

>it's now a site where the Superman has twice saved the world from annihilation

But he and his kind were responsible for every last crisis. More people died because of kriptonians then were saved by him. Why the hell would people be mourning him?

>shitty movie struggling to stay relevant