NotJSA Secret Six Storytime Part 6: Deadshot and Blackest Night

Good evening!

Tonight we have a solo Deadshot issue by John Ostrander, followed by a Black-Alice introduction, then a three part Blackest Night tie-in written by Simone and Ostrander (featuring the Suicide Squad)

The background image of the Six is the only appearance they have in this issue

Look at that timing notOP OP.

Floyd's always breaking rules

I doubt I'll remotely gather the same crowd, but might as well be consistent

Floyd's been having a bit of a crisis of faith. Maybe constantly shooting your teammates, then executing a "freed" slave will do that to you

Whoops:

Part One: Part Two: Part Three: Part Four: Part Five:

Has Floyd ever met the Mawzir?

How's everyone doing tonight?

That is a good question, did Floyd ever cameo in Hitman?

I recognize this costume! I'm guessing that Ostrander was given the job of solidifying Lawton's personal history in this issue

Uh oh.

Man, I fucking love this issue, don't know why, just always have, thanks OP!

Cool, looks like The Mawzir was recently used in Orlando's Apollo and Midnighter miniseries.

It's a great little stand-alone history issue that works perfectly.

Yep. He shot Apollo, Midnighter beat him up. Sounds familiar, huh?

How are YOU, OP?

Turn away kid

I'm good, thanks for asking. I am almost done splitting the rest of these storytimes into five issue chunks. I think one day is going to be both of the kind of terrible Action Comics and Doom Patrol crossovers

How many times has Batman stopped an attack on a party at Wayne manor now?

Alright, who is Black Alice? She is a Simone OC with frankly overpowered abilities. She can temporarily steal the powers of any magical user, but the length of time that she can hold them for is connected to how strong the being is

Not even the crows are safe from violence

Clearly Bruce Wayne's playboy socializing is merely a front, and the so-called "Batman" is actually his vigilante lover.

One would wonder why people even bother to go to Wayne parties with such a high chance of an attack. The fact that Batman always seems to appear must be the only security they have

>Rich people's first instinct is to cover up a murder and get their friend off scot-free
This is legit.

Good old Father Craemer.

Somewhere, the Phantom Stranger is quietly pissed off

Pretty good.

Life is Strange is a weird, stupid fucking game. And yet I kinda really like it.

I want Max and Chloe to kiiiiiiiss!

So, who is this guy? Doesn't matter. I like to think that he is based off Clifford Olson, a Canadian serial killer who killed kids, and actually got the RCMP to pay him a shitload of money for the location of each body. He is mentioned in the Doll's House arc of The Sandman

I don't think that's that OP OP. To be honest ability thief is a good powerset for writing comics. Depends how it's written.

What a bunch of bastards

Hey, you'll only have to kill the entire town to get your wish.

Black Alice is a cute! Cute!

She's also a bit of a pain in the ass.

Is that a Prisoner reference I spy?

Don't hover over if you want to be totally blind, but

That is possible if you make the choices

They are bastards, but not that kind of bastard

She is totally a pain in the ass

Black Alice is also sixteen, so think clean thoughts

It's probably one of the reasons there's always such a high turnout. You know how rich people are. Imagine the thrill of being a hostage only for Batman to inevitably save you and beat up a bunch of heavily armed mercenaries in front of you.

16 is legal in a lot of places.

And considering said town has only about five people in it who aren't complete assholes, I think I'm okay with that.

You can't just "poof" your way into places. Remember what happened with Misfit?

(If anyone has that page, feel free to post it)

Was Blue Devil dead around this time? Or was that Red Devil (A TITAN WILL DIE TONIGHT)

Floyd's thought process: Need to cheer someone up? Stripclub! Need to make someone uncomfortable? Stripclub!

Once again, it's a game of "name the costume"

Starfire and Clock king?

Always thinking ahead Floyd

Bump

I think that might be Chronos

Thanks!

Kid Devil.

She should really ask for permission before she does that

>Clean thoughts, chum

I don't really think Scandal would care. Like, she knows Kay works the titty bars.

Also, that's not Kay.

The beginning of a beautiful relationship

Oh shit, was Kay already dead at this point?

I should really go back and re-read the series. I'm gettin' shit wrong!

eww
Knockout died in Part 3 of this storytime. It's still up, and linked above

Well, this cover certainly spoils the return of one of the first members of the Six

It's Blackest Night! Your Mileage May Vary

Is that Sivana? Or one of the Fearsome Five (whose name escapes me)

>Waller: Yep. That sure is a tiger-man over there.

Meanwhile in the Squad, Ostrander/Simone introduce a new sharpshooter

Beh I hated Blackest Night. It wouldn't have been so bad if every single random title had to have a dumb crossover with it. I didn't understand half of the "this D lister character died in the 80s so please care about it now" bullshit they pulled with everyone. All the setup with the Lanterns for Blackest Night was fun but the moment it actually came around it really shit the bed.

I swear, her entire design document seems to have consisted of:
>vaguely ethnic
>black hair and dress
>giant breasts

At least we got some Waller/Six banter out of this

>Back on the prison planet

Papa Bane is pretty strange. I don't know how out of character it is for him

Not only is Bane being a little too fatherly for her, he literally did just kick her off the team and take command

I love how wonderfully batshit crazy this book is
Have a bump

No to both. I'm ok with that, personally, but it could have been fun.

Yet another prison to break in to.

Here comes some of that giantess fetish...again

Thank you for the bumps!

Fucking Waller

What is it with villains and always having to monologue their plans? Even on the Squad they continue to do this

I just realized Deadshot's mask is a cloth mask. I always assumed it was a helmet. Its so shiny and solid looking

She's already more effective than the last Fiddler was

Time for some Bronze Tiger jobbing

This

I stopped counting the number of times that Lawton has done this

Hi Yasemin!

Bye Yasemin

lol