This has got to be the worse character ever created

This has got to be the worse character ever created

At the very least, he gets points for being different enough from Dick and Tim to stand on his own as a character, but similar enough that he's not treated as a weird footnote like Jason Todd or Stephanie Brown.

I can understand that people doesn't like Damian, but come on: he's been quite fun to read so far. That makes for a good character, even if you dislike him.

>Worst

I just finished America's Stroytime of Pain.

You are small time.

He's got great genes though.

>inb4 Selina is pregnant and we get Helena

>he hasn't read the new America Chavez

Objectively wrong as there are characters who are far worse who also exist.

But yeah he's a shit.

Jason is much better as the edgy robin
damian is just a toddler mary sue

A good character have flaws, he has none

have you been like completely ignorant of all the shit writing he promotes on a daily basis?

I can't wait til DC erases him from existence

I dunno, man. Being an insufferable edgy lord with a bossy attitude and also failing at not being the distressed kid despite being a trained assassin or something... seems very flawed to me.

Since Rebirth I think they're doing a good work with with him. Well, at least in Nightwing and Super Sons, which are the ones I'm reading.

its definitely the worst version of Damian

That's not Wiccan, OP.

I mean out of main characters

That's not Miles Morales, OP

Tim fags on suicide watch

>a weird footnote like Jason Todd

He has starred in one animated movie, Arkham Knight with his own DLC and... Injustice 2? What happened to that?

Anyway, Red Hood actually is pretty popular among normies, maybe more so than Nightwing

Movie damian is trash. Comic damian is the best addition to the Batfamily since skinny alfred.

>comparing the shit that is Damien to a god tier character like America
How DARE you xir

Damian is great. Which you people would know if you read comics instead of watching shitty, half assed straight to dvd adaption

This.

When I was watching Judas Contract I didn't payed a 100% attention to the opening scenes because I was weedlmao but the moment I heard Damian said ''keep that thing away from me!'' I was like FUCK YES! I already like this!

The problem with the movie version of him, I feel, is that there is no levity to him. He's kinda a edgelord in the comics but it's balanced out by the times he acts his age or when he's bouncing off other characters (like Jonathan). The comics also make him flawed, especially in Tomasi's books where the shift in viewpoint points out how dysfunctional he is to someone like Superboy.
In the movies, he doesn't have as much levity. He doesn't seem to have an interest in art, his interest in animals is only touched upon at the end of "The Judas Contract", he acts more standoffish than arrogant, and he appears to act mostly serious, with some quips here or there. So what's left?
That's my take on it.

Don't know about him in the comics, but I absolutely despise him in the animated movies. He has't had any real development. He's still a super aggressive obnoxious little shit, and everything about his dialogue and acting makes me cringe.

You'd think he would learn to chill the fuck out after who knows how many movies, with him being a main character in nearly all of them. I couldn't even finish Judas Contract because of him.

Pretty much. I can't imagine Batman without him anymore.

Really? I'd say he's one of the least important characters in Batman's circle of friends/family. Writers like Snyder and King seem to be going out of their way to not have to write him.

Damian seems like a necessary part of Nightwing's supporting cast. You could drop him from Batman without any issue, but Dick's books feel empty when he's not around.

Fuck off

Dick was the only Robin worth a damn. Tim, Jason, Damian? You could drop them from main canon and I wouldnt bat an eye

Of course he's shit, he's literally Bruce Wayne without the Batman fanboy goggles making you ignore how much of a dick he is.

But he's nothing like Dick

He's also great in Teen Titans. Fuck the haters

By flaws he means that Damian gets more spotlight than his favorite character.

You are a fucking idiot, and he clearly has character development. Him thinking anyone else aside from starfish are amateurs is normal, people forget that he is a fucking robin, dick was the same, Tim was the same too, it's just that Damian is more outgoing about that and doesn't care about the feelings of others. Robins in general are arrogant.

I'm glad all the Robins (Tim to a lesser extent, but eh) are in a good spot in Rebirth to be honest.

At least each one have their place. Well, I'm sure Tim will, too.
He's not going to be stuck in the Limbo for much more.

>t. Cartoonfag

>Jason
>not Mary Sue

kek

>Robins in general are arrogant
Cocky is the word you're looking for. And Damian isn't cocky. He's outright arrogant and condescending. Not a winning combo. And saying he's just like the previous Robins isn't an excuse.

>he clearly has character development
Like what? He acts tsun sometimes now? Like I said, no real development.

This isn't a picture of Squirrel Girl.

At least Damian could believably beat Thanos.

Least important is still Tim, user

Not Anglo speaker here, what's the difference between cocky and arrogant? In my language it's the same.

No fuck off. SG doing that was when she was just a fun one off joke character. Damian is an insufferable twat comics or no. He's honestly the worst recently awful DC character equal to terry long.

Marvels are still worse by a long shot but that doesn't excuse him as a bad character.

What is with this weird revisionist shit where people pretend Tim doesn't matter?

He always sucked. Now the Timfags have been crushed enough that people can freely say it without idiots starting a derail because of it.

You start to love the little guy when you realize he's supposed to basically be a tsundere. All he really wants is to be loved but his upbringing won't allow him to just admit it.

It's more of a connotation thing. Their annotations are the same.

Cocky is more lighthearted, like a guy walking around smiling and thinking he's hot shit, but not being a total dick about it. Arrogant is more negative, and more accurately captures somebody like movie-Damian. He's mean and angry and thinks he's superior to everyone, and you'd think he would know a bit better after like half a dozen movies.

>he's supposed to basically be a tsundere
Based on FUCKING WHAT!? He has no soft side, he's just an asshole!

Haters are running free the thread, guys. Be aware!

>He has no soft side, he's just an asshole!
Try actually reading comics with him in them moviefag.

I kinda wish to an extent that Damian would quit being Robin and choose to try and have a normal childhood because that'd be nice for him but I doubt that'd ever happen and if they were to ever have a Robin quit and choose normalcy it'd probably be Tim.

>it's a Damifag gets triggered after every fucking Damifag continually shits on every other Robin in every other thread episode

kek

>if they were to ever have a Robin quit and choose normalcy it'd probably be Tim.
and nothing of value was lost.

he's a nice boy

They're different characters. This thread is about movie Damian, his comic counterpart is irrelevant.

>This has got to be the worse character ever created
Pretty sure he was created in the comics.

I'm just a Jayfag who wants to be friend with other fags, user.

Robin wars (kek) are as stupud as company wars.

>This thread is about movie Damian

No it's about Damian in general as a creation

Remember the week that Batman issue by King came out where they were eating fast food together and all the Robinfags were getting along?

What went wrong?

He is indeed terrible in the movies. Great in the comics though.

I wish I knew.
Good even if brief times.

Was he though?

I like the fact that Damian hasn't undressed in front of Jon, he's saving the moment.

People kept picking on the Timfags and it all went to hell again.

What is it with posters who hate Damian not being able to speak proper English?

The poster who loves him can't either

I have, he's a dick.

Look at him in that last panel, he's trying to decide if his act is working. Just drown the little shit in a sack already.

Batman and Son by Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert in 2006

read comics

he didn't really start becoming likable until Batman and Robin and developed a big brother little brother relationship with Dick

tbf they deserve it

No, they didn't. They were almost harmless. You can barely hear Tinfags lately. I'm starting to wonder if they even exist anymore. In Sup Forums I mean.

if they do, we have to find them and kill them

they're like cockroaches, gotta exterminate them all, or else they'll reproduce

>if they were to ever have a Robin quit and choose normalcy it'd probably be Tim
Tim tried to do that, and now he's locked up in Mr. Oz's sex dungeon

Bring back Colin you fucks.

He's definitely up there. It wouldn't be so bad if DC didn't push him so hard. Bruce already had a son that was well-received and had a unique setting and rogues gallery of his own, and his name was Terry McGinnis.

Damian just...sucks.

Terry was a better character when he wasn't Batmans son.

>Jason
>Footnote
When was the last time you saw Tim or Stephanie in anything outside of comics, user? Inside, too for that matter.

Jason Todd is the tits now, buddy. The normies love 'em. And when the normies love a character, DC loves the character.

and we Todd fans reap all the bennies. Damian ain't shit.

Why do people hate Damien? Why? I don't get it. He's

>acerbic
>aloof
>smug/superior
>distrusting
>crafty
>clever
>authoritative

These are all great qualities. In fact, Batman shares most of these qualities.

>no one can actually name reasons why Damian is bad

>instead it's just "BUT WHY DOESN'T DC PAY ATTENTION TO *MY* HUSBANDO?

When was the last time Jason did anything notable other than die?

Be alive again.

You can do it better.

Because half of those aren't great qualities.

>not realizing that was the point of the post
>not realizing that the only reason people don't think bruce is an shit is because fanboy goggles

No one really likes Bruce, at least comic Bruce, movie/DCAU Bruce is usually a bit more enjoyable, but at this point really he's just good to argue about and to ship Superman with.

I think it's just annoying when it's Damian because he's a kid, honestly, and every shitty quality a person can have is, for whatever reason, exponentially more fucking annoying when it's a kid exhibiting them. With Bruce it's still shitty but his autism is still mildly entertaining (at times), and with other characters that have those qualities, like, I dunno, Guy Gardner, Lex Luthor or Jason Todd it's usually fucking hilarious.

>I think it's just annoying when it's Damian because he's a kid
Personally, I love kid heroes. In fact, I like them more than adult heroes sometimes. It's fun to see a prodigy wunderkind defeating villains three times his age.

I actually kind like the new romance
they give Raven and Damian. They are cute together. This could be because I am not to familiar with the romance between her and beast boy and watch much of the tv series.
Speaking of Raven's possible love interest, which one will Trigon prove more ?
Which boy he would approve more to date or even inseminated his teenage daughter ? As he is in her head
And looks like Raven is going to the more active and on top one in this possible relationship, since she's the one that gives gift

Fuck you. Sup Forums told me that they hinted at this, but they don't. That scene is literally in the last thirty seconds of the movie, and it's basically the only interaction they had the whole film.

There is no Damien x Raven. It'd be nice if there was, but there isn't.

yeah animated bruce at least gets fun one liners and shit
yeah, since damian is a brat his shittiness in not really laughable and is just generally grating
you can't just handwave it away like with bruce
your gut instinct is to discipline the little shit
something with no writer for the movies seems to want to do since "cute and angry little damian can do no wrong"

There were hints, this sence and that the two most often stand side by side through the movie, and she joke with him a bit

He's arguably worse than most of the shitty Marvel characters (like Miles or Carol.) At least they only ruin their own books- Damian ruins the entire DC universe and all media related to it.

>he's been quite fun to read so far.

literally everything he's been in except Batman & Robin has been insufferable. He has one character arc that's been retreaded over and over.

>Which boy he would approve more to date or even inseminated his teenage daughter ?
Hmm I wonder which boy DC Satan would like best... Damn... Damien... that name is so familiar. Now where have I heard that before?

Technically Garfield does have the power to genocide entire planets on a whim but I think Robin fits the theme more. Now I just want pictures of Raven and Damien's super hellspawn children.

Joking aside I really like the two and kind of hope to see it bleed over into the comics. Doubt it though.

opps forgot pic

I read the entire DickBats run. I loved the hell out of Damian. Why do people hate him? Dick was a good balance for the kid. I loved how he tried to take on the Joker,

because the only time he's a good character is when it involves big bro dick somehow
so if you remove their little history from the equation all you are left is with all the worst qualities of bruce in shitty brat form

Just make Damian the new Flamebird

But there was no Dick in R:SoB and during Tomasi's B&R.

Because aside from Morrison, everyone writes Damian as one note or have him stuck in the same storyline, first he's a jerk but then we find out he's secretly deep down a good boy. Also pedofags that want him and Jon to fuck.

I can see why Damian has his eyes on her just the first time they meet

>Jason Todd
>Mary Sue
Literally in what world Jason is a Mary Sue?

The irony of this post....