Is this still the best capeshit movie? Is there even a better one?

Is this still the best capeshit movie? Is there even a better one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY
youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg
youtube.com/watch?v=vTt0izejSJw
youtube.com/watch?v=TKdjsu4-704
youtube.com/watch?v=6v58yzDYWjg
youtube.com/watch?v=K6GJtL9KGtA
youtube.com/watch?v=lcCYhDu4_ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=xNCgthvpqeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>liking Nolan's edgefest

Mos and Bvs (unironically, not trolling)

Wrong

The only real answer to this question is The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight — Creating the Ultimate Antagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8

The Dark Knight: "Identity Secrets" - Analysis and Explanation
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY

The Dark Knight | Nolan's Republic
youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ

A World without Rules - The Dark Knight Analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg

The Dark Knight - How does a Camera tell a story?
youtube.com/watch?v=vTt0izejSJw

The Dark Knight Trilogy
youtube.com/watch?v=TKdjsu4-704

youtube.com/watch?v=6v58yzDYWjg

youtube.com/watch?v=K6GJtL9KGtA

This.

It was never even good.

Superman 78

Burton's films:

>visually stunning
>Gotham looks like something that rose from the very depths of hell
>Keaton best Batman
>great soundtracks and scores
>Keaton, Jack, Kim, DeVito, Michelle, Walken etc.
>perfect mix of camp, action, comedy, horror, gothic, really captures that comic book aura
>actually looks like a cartoon brought to life, doesn't take itself too seriously and doesn't try to overdone muh exposition to explain plots

Nolan's flicks:

>visually boring, thin and uninspiring
>cinematography is Smallville-tier
>Gotham is literally Chicago
>Bale is good as Bruce, terrible as Batman
>fucking memes such as Caine, Freeman, Neeson, Hathaway, Holmes, Ledger and Hardy
>forgettable soundtracks and scores, there's a fucking background music nonstop playing, gets tedious very fast
>the flicks are some crappy mixtures of thriller, police B-flick and Statham-tier action boogaloos
>there's no charm, depth, charisma, wit
>the flicks take themselves way too seriously, Nolan and Co. try to present some le deep social and political commentary, only to fail miserably
>there are buttloads of expositions for the dummies
>awful plots
>well, at least it spawned Baneposting

Burton's movies look good, but the action, the plot and the villains all pale next to nolan's joker and bane.

>actually looks like a cartoon brought to life, doesn't take itself too seriously and doesn't try to overdone muh exposition to explain plots

this is a flaw of the burton movies if nothing else. "Muh cartoon movie"

>>Bale is good as Bruce, terrible as Batman

I have to agree with this. Still a better batman than burton's batman, but inferior to bat affleck

>fucking memes such as Caine, Freeman, Neeson, Hathaway, Holmes, Ledger and Hardy

only real problem was freeman

TDK and Fellowship where amazing on the cinema.

>>great soundtracks and scores

youtube.com/watch?v=lcCYhDu4_ZY

so much better than hans memerman

Batman Begins is better.

>Gotham is literally Chicago
This was always my biggest gripe.
>establish a visually interesting gotham in Begins
>just turns into Chicago by the next movie.
And we never once talk about what the fuck happened to The Narrows for the rest of the franchise.

I unironically agree.

There is a really good superhero film from the early 2000s that is miles better than any other superhero film but I can't tell you about it for legal reasons because my lawyer said I can't tell you about it so sorry not today, nope, can't tell you about it.

Dredd

guys, we have 25 other capeshit threads. please don't make new ones. you could have posted this in one of those.

be repectful of your fellow anons. don't shit up the board with capeshit.

thank you

Watchmen

I like both Nolan's and Burton's Batmans, but Burton's will always hold a dear place in my heart.

Hot take: Batman Forever is a good Batman movie and I admire Schumacher for taking a risk with the visuals.

Plane scene

>Bane

was terrible, just an asthmatic musclemanlet bodyguard of the real villain, Talia. No one cared who he was before he put on the mask for a good reason, he's a bore with a broken heart and lung.

Spiderman 2

I said it was never good.

Schumacher's Batman is the reason i wanted a Wes Anderson buddy cop comedy Batman and Robin.

Yes
No

>"Burton Batman was good"

I will remind them.

youtube.com/watch?v=xNCgthvpqeY

In TDKR, does anyone else think it's hilariously unnecessary, time-and-resource-squanderous to covertly climb up buildings and spray intricate patterns with flammable materials to then cause massive property and infrastructure damage?

Care to say what's wrong with it?

Spider Man 2, Dredd, The Dark Knight Rises, Logan, Thor: Dark World are all better.

>that one guy who has a problem with the Joker being able to assemble a large, well-financed terrorist organization in Batman's own city; but sees no problem with Bane assembling a highly-mechanized, conventional military force under Batman's own house
Can you say "contrarian"?

TDKR was a character study and a kino. TDK was an experimental film researching prolonged exposure of terrible flow and choppy editing on the human mind.

Legitimately nothing wrong with this scene. Get some taste

Other way around, fren

TDK was literally a "believe in your friends" movie and Joker wasn't sublime on any level, just convincingly flashy. It's a too long, boring montage of things happening with no flow.

Batman stopped giving a shit after his oneitis was killed. It was explained at the beginning.

Nolan is a pretty shit director. Not only did he do nothing new, most of his filmography is complete shit that just gets worse as it goes on. The Dark Knight is alright but nothing special unless it's the first film you've ever seen. Grimdark superheroes were already done in Tim Burton's Batman, philosophical superhero drama was already done with Watchmen (the comic), the heist epic was already perfected with Heat, and The Dark Knight's script is literally just a generic crime drama with Batman and the Joker in it. But really what makes Nolan shit is he lacks any subtlety whatsoever. He makes use of spectacle well, but his expository dialogue is turned up to 11. A lot of his shots look like they were done by a film school freshman shouting for attention (which he kind of was since he was schooled on film history before directing Following). Really, he's just a name easily impressed plebs that don't know their history lap up. If you actually think anything directed by Christopher Nolan is good after seeing anything prior by superior directors, your taste is highly questionable and ought to be checked for early signs of down syndrome.

what's wrong with this? i'll take this over nolan's action thriller any day a week.

Did you watch 1:20 onward?

Kill yourself

Yes. It fits the Joker well