Are you excited for more Otto?

Are you excited for more Otto?

bump

Yes, yes, and more yes. Superior was the arc that pulled me back into comics just to see how stupid it was and I ended up loving it. Been looking forward to this since it ended.

can't wait for the hostile takeover of parker industries, Slott writes the Doc C.E.OCK book and Gerry Conway writes his Spider-Dad book to kickstart Ultimate Marvel Rebirth.

I would honestly love that.

Always.

I don't want another Ultimate universe, it was all shit save for one or two books.

I love this look for him.

This is a rare case where Marvel has a good idea recently. Otto going from fat scientist in a trench coat to a Spider Man knockoff, while still keeping the octopus theme, just to show how much better he his than his foe? Sign me up. He even renamed spider sense to octopus sense for crying out loud. Otto is an autistic treasure

What book is this?

Amazing Spider-man

oh, gay.

So should be a permanent addition to the Spider Man canon now, Otto going from his old self to a fancy clone body with a knockoff Spidey suit? Like say Marvel decides to do a hard reboot, would you be ok with the new Superior Doctor Octopus?

holy shit!

STEEL SPIDER WENT HYDRA?!?!
wtf marvel!

between Oct and Norman and peter giving shit away for free and blowing up his product world wide It's amazing the company hasn't gone up in flames yet

it's better than Otto the Iron Lung was.

I would pay money for this

Seems like a good transition phase for him

Fatass-Dying-Peter is gonna sue somebody

I actually am. I periodically read the Superior Spider-Man storytimes here on Sup Forums and then bought them in TPB format because I enjoyed the crazy ride and wanted to be able to easily share it with others. This version of Otto is so much fun, such an out-there direction to take for the character.

Whatever you might think about "status quo is king in cape comics," this guy's constantly-evolving, constantly-dynamic story in the past several years has been a glorious departure from that.

heh heh.
His chest is mirrored "Poop"

>While Otto Octavius is not the most dangerous or lethal of Spider-man's enemies he is quite capable giving Spider-man a run for his money with his great intellect and tentacles (most of the times at least)
>Give him a full powered spider-man body for plot reasons

So how exactly is Peter supposed to deal with him now that he is pretty much on equal terms with him and with a mind as sharp as his? I really don't see Peter asspulling his way out of this like he did in Big Time And the Superior Spider-man run.

Oh fuck not this again.

Maybe if we give Bendis back Ultimate Spider-Man he won't suck at writing anymore

Isn't the point of Spider-Man comics to continually up the stakes so Peter gets fucked in the end? I mean if we're not reading for his torture then whats the point user

I don't actually read much Spider-man but I liked the Superior stuff and would be interested to see how Octavius progresses

Also I really want those tentacles to have built in web shooters

I feel this design is a missed opportunity, the tentacles for the symbol should descend from the head so that it looks like an octopus has replaced a human skull.

are you talking about his suit logo? because thats what it is on his chest, an octopus and not the hydra skull

I think Secret Empire all around is a cool idea but inevitably will be undone somehow by Kobik. I'm sure this will stay, but all the other events and characters will be rewritten or re-worked

He's still writing the Ultimate Spider-Man he always wanted to though, it's just called Spider-Man. I just ignore him most days and the books he writes.

>inevitably will be undone somehow by Kobik
who thought a walking talking cosmic cube was a good idea? why is this thing still a character and not a mcguffin?

The guys who made this asshole back in 1972 I guess.

Though gllimpsing through his wikipedia page, it might have been a mistake back then as well.

Yes I am, I really enjoy how ludicrous he can be. Also I really don't mind how he deals with enemies. I for some reason like violent spideys. Which is why I loved Superior Spider-Man.

>1972
>his wiki page
user SHE first appears in a comic from two years ago, what the hell character are you talking about?

The fuck is this?

Wouldn't let me post an image.

One of the first sentient Cosmic Cubes who liked to make "what-if" worlds built on flimsy premises.

Learn some history.

I wish he was fat and not Parker ripped. It's kinda lame. I hope he at least keeps the bad haircut and thick glasses.

in ASM Doc Ock put his mind into a clone of Peter, he joined Hydra, and is now, The Superior Octopus

>its a skrull/dalek fusion

Excited? For more of Slott's self-insert fanfiction? No.

You know, there are some villains who are a justified kill. Like, you could go "Batman doesn't kill - But this time, it's perfectly justified."

For Cap, it's Red Skull. For Batman, it's Joker.

For Peter? Osborn, for one. But after this shit? Otto needs to die too. Spidey needs to rip his head off and shit down the stump.

is he getting his own comic?

Is Ock a hero or a villain in this one?

Honestly they should just give Slott an Otto comic to work on and give Amazing Spider-man to someone who doesn't hate Peter.

Then everyone would be happier.

I wonder what his relationship to Hydra will be.
Otto doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd be loyal to the cause which is why I doubt that Steve will let him into his inner circle. Steve and the rest of Hydra probably just see Otto as a useful tool to take down Parker Industries, one of the Avengers' biggest allies.

Why is Slott still writing Peter after all this shit? If I was American, I'd find him and murder him.

I keel before - I kill again!

Nah, kind of defeats the purpose of the octopus theme. I think Otto given inhanced strength and wall crawling is enough. You could probably give him a cloaking thing I suppose

no

gib scarlet spider an aracaly

So he's back to being a villain again? I thought he was suppose to be trying to be a better person after superior spiderman

Superior spider man is what got me back into marvel comics, as well as the spinoff books like superior foes and the superior teamups. If they actually give Otto his own book, I'd be happy. He was very enjoyable as a bumbling superhero that went about everything as a supervillain would while still trying to do good. He had a secret island base with henchmen and spider-tanks, for crying aloud. That's just neat.
Tl;DR the DIE IS CAST!!!!

No.

No. Fuck Slott and his self-insert

which one?

This, but Kaine is probably only happy when nobody's writing him. It's lose/lose.

>Doc C.E.OCK
Read that as Doc Cock

Yes I am. Reading Superior with Sup Forums wasTHE shit

>how is the hero supposed to beat the villain who on paper is superior in every way?
Gee fuck I don't know that's a real good question

Why not replace the webshooters with inkshooters?

He probably confused Kobik with Kubik, her older brother and fellow sentient cosmic cube.

Thats so dumb that I want Otto to actually do it.
>"This is for all those times you shot web in my face!"

I'm excited that this is the beginning of the end for Slott on Amazing.

Give him a new series to write for his favourite character, take him off the big books, let him fade into obscurity mumbling "otto octavious' for 13 issues before the series is canned by an event and he goes back to shuffling between low-tier books.

Why? I can understand Osborn, but Otto is just trying to make the world a better place. Peter is ruining his company. His legacy.

and this is when the Black Cat character got murdered

Design is not bad, but I do not see why Doc Oc needs to be an evil mirror image type of villain.

Are they trying to make him Marvel's Zoom?

Id like this so much more if he didn't look like Peter. To many Peter look a likes running around.They should have worked it that he looks like a skinny Otto.

There are just too damn many spiders in 616 now

Maybe Otto can start killing a few and thin shit out some

Did he go full Hydra after his midget girlfriend got BLACKED?

Now, I want Otto meet Felicia just for the sake of have her going "Oh...shit", when he talks he'll break her teeth again.

That would be an awesome plot.

Anna Maria is with someone else?

>but I do not see why Doc Oc needs to be an evil mirror image type of villain.

He's always been that. If Peter never had an Uncle Ben he would have turned out like Otto, Ditko Peter was a petty asshole with a penchant for self aggrandizing and theatrics until he took his lumps and grew into being a good man.

Going back to that dynamic by using Otto as a potential future of Peter''s would be great under anyone but Slott, who tends to just write the character as a moustache twirler.

There was a throw away remark after the ASM relaunch about how SpOck ate way too much junk food and how Peter had to work off those "bonus" calories.

So, given time, SpOck will revert to his rotund status quo!

Costume can stay, but I would have preferred a clone grown from both Otto and Peters genetic tissue

>being exited for things

no sir I am not a faggot

>knockoff Spidey suit
How many Spider-man knock-off heroes and villains do we have now? 9?

I remember that one user who thought Doc Ock was not a plausible threat for Spider-Man since he wasn't physically strong like Norman and just relied on his tentacles. I wonder what he thinks of these turn of events.