What was the point of this episode?

What was the point of this episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Worldliness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was a neat flashback to Jack's past.
They skip over his training in the pilot so it's good to see a full 20 minutes of it.

To show that Jack was trained in a wide variety of techniques and that his fighting style was a hybridization of every method of armed and unarmed combat in the old world.

to show us that Jack was trained to be as great as he is by numerous cultures around the world and that is part of the reason he has such enormous willpower and drive. Also the reason he is fluent in so many weapon categories while originally just being a japanese kid.
Also to push the idea that Jack and his blade have the best of humanity and the brotherhood past any racial bias that he is a prodigy for all of human kind.
obviously

he trained in spear throwing so he could be an expert in losing his sword

But why did they explore his training in Africa only? He's been to much more interesting places.

To teach OP a lesson.

They didn't. Buddhist temples, English archers and bunch of other stuff got explored as well. I remember a pretty good flash game based on all of it when samurai jack first came out too, it was great. The reason they show Africa is to imply jack learned skills from a people with little material wealth so he would learn to not rely on metals and anything else produced by a technological society so he could be a more adaptable fighter. Also it's unexpected for the viewer compared to some other things, while also exploring a kind of setting that Jack is rarely shown in.

But really it's all about that teachers cool beard

lmgtfy.com/?q=Worldliness

where else is he gonna learn how to take the bbc?

Sweden.

His mouth?

If you watch closely at the end, when number of episode show up, you will see that it have another number under it. It suppose to be air in season 3 or 2. Also remember flashbacks in Aku infection.

>He's been to much more interesting places.
Eh. Shaolin/Buddhist temples, Greeks, Vikings and the English are pretty basic as far as adventure places go. The only one I could see being interesting was the Russian segment.

This episode is very underrated. I love how dark it gets, with the village being burnt down by humans, Jack as a child hunted down, the camp of the Aku followers decorated with human skulls (pretty refreshing) and small touches such as Jack's hair being unleashed even as a kid.
Did Jack even talk in the episode? I remember him silent the entire time and still managing to transmit a pretty wide variety of emotions.

Yep Jack never talked the entire episode. The only time child Jack ever talked was during the Egypt flashback during the minions of Set episode.

>it's an OP can't understand a simple cartoon created for children thread

not to mention how worldly he was raised

how else do you think he deals so well with such strange new cultures and talking dogs and hit

I really liked the art style they used for Africa, honestly. I like the black people who are 100% black. The staff fighting fits the action scenes well, too

Because Africans are still surviving in the wild to this day while you're making an abrupt illegal Uturn to go back home because you forgot your phone

Ok, but what was the point of this episode?

What is the point of any episode?

It's a story.

made me cry