So Mike Lazzo, the guy who cancelled Moral Orel because it stopped being a comedy...

So Mike Lazzo, the guy who cancelled Moral Orel because it stopped being a comedy, is excited to see Jack go into dramatic territory? What does this mean?

>Sell something as a dark comedy
>It stops being comedic
yeah that is good grounds for cancellation

>Sell something as a mostly dramatic end to a series
>Is welcomed as a dramatic series
Really makes you think

"Cancelled because it stopped being a comedy" is not the same as "cancelled because it had a rape victim fall in love with her rapist and perform a coat-hanger abortion on herself"

Lazzo was right, Moral Orel overextended.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

Because if you're a network, and you buy a comedy, you expect to get a comedy. That's what you paid for.

If you buy an action show, you expect to get an action show. That's what you paid for.

One show delivered and the other didn't.

He's a dumb shit who runs the block based on his personal tastes.

He hated David Cross' ideas for parody infomercials, and then straight up stole them.

network execs specifically told him to make moral darker though, then were shocked when the series got dark.

It was a classic case of corporate stupidity.

In Lazzo's defense, as dark as SJS5 might be, its nowhere near as dark as Moral Orel got at the end.

Same thing happened with Regular Show and Invader Zim.

>watch Moral Orel because Sup Forums said so
>it's not funny or interesting; it's just boring

I don't get it. Does this show only appeal to people raised as Christians or something? Is it like the Exorcist in that only Catholics find it scary?

Season one was shit in my honest opinion. Season 3 was a work of fucking art and it being canned is a fucking catastrophe.

The show gets praised for season 3 bro. You have to watch season 1 & 2 first to fully appreciate it, though.

Samurai Jack airs in the all-action toonami block, it's right at home

Perhaps Lazzo has changed tastes. Perhaps he didn't like genre shifts. Or perhaps he simply trusts Tartakovsky more - they worked together for a fair bit, after all, and it's not an exaggeration to say that CN is the house Tartakovsky (helped) build.

did you watch it all?first season is not really good,but it gets better at the end,i loved the judas musical thing

>dude only one part is good but it's really good, you just gotta watch crap to get there

I'm beginning to understand the cancellation, I think.

Because faggots ruin everything and we aren't as far as even the Chechnyans in getting rid of the fucking plague.

It's mostly fedoras.

It means he usually doesn't know what he wants and if you've seen how bad [as] has gotten over the years then you'd probably not see his opinions as anything important.

Well personally when i was a kid, i hated this show, because i was pretty religious at that time, around the time home movies was still on tv and the whole episode when orel and his father went camping, i got hooked.

adult swim had a lot of shows i hated that i soon got to love later on.
I hated the oblongs when i was younger cause i felt it made fun of people will physical and mental disabilities

I like moral Orel. It wasn't that good, wasn't that bad though, had some good laughs and was able to delivered a message efficiently. It left some stuff open to the imagination but closed ends so that it felt complete as well. I think there was no need to continue and it is good the way it is. I rewatched it the other day actually.