How can somebody so incredibly stupid, be such an amazing actress? Is it only a meme, that good actors have to be smart?

How can somebody so incredibly stupid, be such an amazing actress? Is it only a meme, that good actors have to be smart?

Also is it only me, or is the movie maybe not really (or at least not only) about mother nature, but more about mother nation. I understand that basically it's the same archetype, but the constant theme of those home invaders who wreck everything that she built so carefully speaks a clear language to me. If true, JLaw might regret playing in that movie after she finds out, what it really is about.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQ-EdFl_M
youtube.com/watch?v=g8aoisWqeF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

actors/actresses usually go to drama school. instead of learning history, or math, they learn how to act. that's why most hollywood actors are dumb as shit.

>be such an amazing actress?
The "actor" didnt exist, the only thing that matters is the director. Good directors know how to make actors act good, shitty directors cant.

that's the dumbest thing i've ever read.

no director could make kim kardashian a good actress. alternatively, gary oldman can never be a bad actor no matter who's directing.

your entire argument is flawed from top to bottom.

Different kind of knowlede they understand human emotions and are trained like a skilled musician to tune themselves in. Otherwise most are flunkies at other subjects in school cause why bother with math and science.

Kubrik did make Tom Cruise act properly

What exactly was good about her performance? Ed Harris, Bardem and Pfeiffer actually brought out a character, if not for the close ups, she would be not existent... Even as a passive character, she wasn't that good..
How was she remotely amazing?
>kim kardashian a good actress
kim is not even an actress, shit argument.
A good director can take a good performance from Marion Cotillard, while a bad one cannot?

I think there is a difference between a smart person and an educated person. JLaw is cleary dumb beyond repair. To be fair, maybe she is just crazy and not actually stupid.

partly agree and I have seen how amazing directors can make good actors out of absolute layman. But you have to recognize that there are extremely talented actors, that even act well in otherwise extremely cheap movies. I really don't like JLaw but I couldn't tell you a single movie where she acts as shit. She is especially good with negative emotions and has this aura of melancholy around her. Not sure if she could play in a lighthearted family comedy.

act properly compared to what? his action comedies? that's a completely different style of acting. kubrick didn't make tom do anything, tom just acted seriously for a change.

what the actual fuck is wrong with you?

Afronofsky is good, but you're a fucking moron.

Jlaw is a good actress, as for her being stupid -- she's not smart but she's not a moron. I'd say she's about average or slightly above average (less than one standard deviation above the mean) but she's probably ADHD and doesn't stop to think before she opens her mouth -- which probably drive her publicist and agent nuts. There's also her youth to consider. Being rich and famous quite young will stop you from learning certain life lessons at the same age as normal people.

it's like you guys have never watched winters bone or the poker house. jlaw has always been a good actress.

Tom Cruise is a very consistent actor, I personally like him in almost every movie beside mission impossible.

>What exactly was good about her performance?
I think this kinda comes down to personal taste and the other actors where surely all great as well. I just felt that she was extremely believable in her role and her emotions felt genuine and I never had the feeling that something is off or the people in the movie are only actors. Well maybe not so much with kain and abel, they didn't feel right to me.

Actors need emotional intelligence not book smarts
So Lawrence is emotionally intelligent.
Mother was great
I wish I didn't know anything about it before I watched it cause this board spoilt it for me.

>Hey guys, stop sharing my stolen personal photos.
>STUPID FUCKING CUNT WHORE

On an unrelated note, mother! is the best movie of 2017.

If true, JLaw might regret playing in that movie after she finds out, what it really is about.

Is she an amazing actress though? All she ever does is either stare at people with a deadpan face or scream hysterically.

>I wish I didn't know anything about it before I watched it cause this board spoilt it for me.
1st lesson of Sup Forums: if there's something you really wanna watch, avoid this place until you do.

i stopped lurking altogether for 6 months because i wanted to binge watch GoT season 5 without spoilers

But Lawrence is mediocre actress. Her success in only because she was Weinstein whore and sucked his dick all the time. Mother! is also pretty bad movie.

kek. i applaud your logic

she was terrible in mother, though.

Pretty much. Her performance in mother! was bad, not subtle at all... Watch Rosemary Baby and Farrow much much much better performance than her, or watch more movies.

Or watch Pfeiffer in the same movie.

Yes it's the MOTY 2017 just behind fucking Blade Runner which was movie of the millennia.

>But Lawrence is mediocre actress.
most actors are. apart from 1 or 2 they're all varying degrees of shit. i don't think anyone's saying "she's amazing", people are just applauding her for a job well done.

put it this way.. it isn't capeshit.

Afronsky is just hack and Polanski wanna be. But he lacks his skill and creativity.

Who is applauding her? Only you, because her performance was shit and her film bombed like her previous shitty acted movies.

>Tom Cruise is a very consistent actor
And Michael Bay is a great director

>BECOT HER PEFOMAS WAD JIT

>Is it only a meme, that good actors have to be smart?

She's not "incredibly stupid". That's what you fail to understand. Yes, naked pics of her are available online. Yes, pictures of her, drenched in cum can also be found. BUT!!!!!!!!

1 - These pics were supposed to be private.
2 - Women love being the center of attention. They're the ultimate ego maniacs. They crave attention. And ego maniacs can do some of the stupidest things but NEVER underestimate their intelligence, their determination. (to get what they want), motivation & machiavelian tricks go get to the top.

She's smart. She's pretty and she knows it. She has nothing to be embarrassed about because she nows she has a body to die for. (except for that vid where she gets a facial).

But don't let that fool you. And no i'm not being ironics. I'm dead serious. Most of the people (the ones at the top of the food chain) in hollywood are extremely manipulative. (i.e. smart). They have a form of intelligence. Obviously not on par with the likes of Tesla or Einstein. But they don't have to.

There's
1 - emotional intelligence.
2 - verbal intelligence.
3 - social intelligence.

Tesla for instance was rather excentric and had questionable "social intelligence". (though he was an absolute genius).

The likes of Gary Oldman, Daniel Day Lewis or this woman. Are professional liars. (that's what acting is basically about. Pretending and being so good at it that it becomes an art form). Politicians are also very good at it only they use their social intelligence to manipulate the masses to get the power they want.

Actors are the ultimate attention whores. They want to be loved, and though it can be argued that they have no genuine personalities of their own. That they're empty inside, their lying skills are such that you can't simply dismiss any of them as "incredibly stupid". Again, they have a specific form of intelligence.

The type of intelligence you'll find in people such as Jordan Belfort.

>being this new and writing all that

just fuck off already, reddit.

Remember Hedy Lamarr?
She did a lot of erotic shit in her youth. softcore etc..And you can bet that a lot of people used to think she must've been a dumb whore in her time. (especially back then.)

And yet, she was the total opposite.
It can be argued that she invented wi-fi.
She might also have been a spy.

"made a valuable contribution to the intelligence division by co-producing an anti-jamming device for torpedoes. She also devised a clever way of "frequency hopping" that prevented the interception of American military messages. "

Even the seemingly "dumb as a rock" past prime whore, Sharon Stone, is in fact quite intelligent. An extremely manipulative person.

samefag or just both reddit? i can't tell

>be such an amazing actress?
What? I personally don't know anyone who thinks this.

obviously.

an actor is a prop. the director needs to know how to use that prop successfully. but if the prop looks like shit, then there's nothing the director can do.

>samefag or just both reddit? i can't tell

I wonder what her feet smell like?

>Kubrik did make Tom Cruise act properly

No he's actually a good actor. Just watch Born on the 4rth of July. (directed by Oliver Stone).

youre all stupid as fuck
why cant this board have some good and informative posts once in a while?

kys retarded scum

>someone who actually knows the industry
Smart man.

An actor needs strong fundamentals, but the director ultimately is the one that is in control.

/thread

samefag

I don't think she is stupid because she is a whore. I can be rational and intelligent to be a whore. She is stupid because she thinks that Trump voters are responsible for hurricanes and other similar complete ludicrous believes she seems to have.

>The "actor" didnt exist, the only thing that matters is the director. Good directors know how to make actors act good,
youtube.com/watch?v=SFxQ-EdFl_M

samefag

what was wrong with mother?

still haven't seen it.

>she thinks that Trump voters are responsible for hurricanes

Based Alfred.

Nothing is wrong with it, it's an amazing movie if you like artistic movies that actually have meaning and aren't just pretentious arthouse crap.

youtube.com/watch?v=g8aoisWqeF8
I give you that it was taken kinda out of context, but she is still talking absolute shit. Also I'm not sure what makes her think that the movie has anything to do with global warming? There are many things the movies seems to point out, but at least I didn't get any global warming vibes from it.

Aronofsky has a golden touch when it comes to managing his actors. Look at the performance he got out of Mickey Rourke for the Wrestler. He even forced Natalie Portman to act for the first time in her life in Black Swan.

If I had to nitpick, I'd say it was too short.

Retarded