What is the name for this design? It's on the tip of my tongue. Not blackface, but something else that I can't think of...

What is the name for this design? It's on the tip of my tongue. Not blackface, but something else that I can't think of. Just the pure black face with the big red lips, I know there's a name for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=47ak4vjiNzw
bethematch.org/transplant-basics/matching-patients-with-donors/how-does-a-patients-ethnic-background-affect-matching/
sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/10/981008051724.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=sJykcNhw2Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=jR0eBWDVAtw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Black Caricatures in animation
Mammy, Mandigo, or Blaxplotation I think.

"Coonery" has been used to describe some shit such as the behaviors of characters during the Song of the South area.; not the animation style but the behavior of the character.

That's not what I was thinking of. Damn, it's on the tip of my tongue. I feel like it has a silly-sounding name of some sort. Really frustrating.

I've heard the term "darky" described as the sort of trope-idea of characteristics, but "Golliwog" as well, due to the unfortunate similarities from a children's book (much like the equally-unfortunate Samboo)

Sambo?

Blaxploitation is (or was) a live action movie genre/style that came much later.

"Little Black Sambo" was a children's book about an amazing young boy living in India who uses his amazing running powers to save his parents from tigers. For reasons poorly-thought out & later changed in later volumes, Sambo or Samboo was depicted much in this same sort of "style," despite being South Indian...

Wikipedia also describes the style as "Pickaninny"

It's called "racism" you uneducated hick.

fuck off

Idiot.

Pickaninny, Minstrel show, or Sambo are the terms I've heard tossed around.

Unfortunately not any of these. Sorry guys, I can't imagine what it might be. Something's telling me it starts with a "B" but I could be wrong.

Mandingo and Sambo is what I've heard it is. Not sure if there's another word for a southern-based cartoon

Boondocks?

You're all wrong.
It's a gollywog.

Seems like that's the /toy/ version

Is this some elaborate bix nood set up?

now that's pretty obscure

You mean "race realism"

Mammycita for the Southern Negro
Mandingo for the Carib Negro
Blaxplotation for the Disco/Funk/Street Negro
Sambo for the African Negro
Golliwog is a Northern/English term for the African Negro
Pickaninny is the polite South version for the American Southern Negro
Minstrel is an artform that plays on the American Southern Negro
Some folks call it Coonry or Niggedry, but in all reality what it really is, is just a flashback to a point of time where minds weren't that open. Kind of like looking back at the sponge on a stick and saying "People used to wash their ass with that thing?"

Ain't no need to be ashamed of it, because ignored history leads to repeated history; but sometimes it ain't really worth looking that far into.

Black face is what it was called in the industry, and I think we can leave it at that.

jigaboo?

seeking knowledge isn't something usually associated with hicks, my delicate little wallflower

Thats a late 60's early 70's term for the Urban Negro my friend.

What's wrong with racism?

whoa.
did you just say the N-word?

As a melanin gentlemen, I am not afraid or ashamed of words used against my forefathers and myself.

As Pap Pap used to say "Is what is was, mmhmm, it be what it be."

ah, alright then.
carry on...
gotta keep this place free of racism. :)

Ugh. It's something WHITE people do, not like us angelic people of color.

OP here, I honestly might have been confusing it with jigaboo. I realize now that it doesn't describe what I was thinking of, but it might have been the word on the tip of my tongue.

Golly wog?

now I'll be honest you. Every culture is racist to some degree, The Negro, The White,The Asian, The Hispanic, and cultures within those sections of the Human race. Brazilians are quite racist to their local Peruvian neighbours, even when they are genetically the same family. The Pacific Asia cultures and racism is mind boggling, Koreans, Japanese, Vietnamese, Polynesians, Chinese, they are all racist toward one another.

You see, racism ain't that hard. It just not liking someone because they are different than you. Nowadays, entitled white folk with guilt try to redefine racism into a power and position thing. Something to say "Ah well y'all minorities can't be racist, y'all ain't got no power!"

That right there is so damn infuriating. Having someone tell you "You have no power, you aren't like me." I can forgive a man for hating my black skin, because I pray that the Lord will open his mind, but I cannot forgive a man who says "You are lesser than me" while thinking he is being kind.

Y'all folk who say black people can't be racist, you are a disgrace and a damned cancer to black folk everywhere.

>Y'all
Are you from the south too, or are you one of those people that says y'all as a trendy Twitter thing?
Are you an Alabama nigger like me?

It real nigga hours smash that lyk if u up

faggot OP is alluding to what Hollywood called it back then - blackface

Ol' Mizzou to be honest.

lyk

d

Bixnood

>"racism"

So it's not actually racist, then?

minstrel

No because there's one human race. It's ethnic discrimination.

>There's one human race
That's like saying color doesn't exist because red and blue make purple.

Whatever you're thinking of might be in another language too.

This is the only thing I can remember other than what I think I remember to be some candy from Australia that has that type of art on it

retard alert

Jiggaboo?

He's trying to explain to you what race actually means, you dingus. It's like calling pluto a planet.

The genetic differences are not nearly enough for it to make sense to call it different races, like Pluto isn't big enough or made of the right stuff to fit with the other planets.

It is literally only skin deep. The actual genetic differences are not enough to mean all that much.

lol

Genetically, "race" doesn't really exist anyway. "Breeds" is a more precise term but it's too suggestive of eugenics and what we did to dogs to be PC.

youtube.com/watch?v=47ak4vjiNzw
this?

Pickaninny?

>talk shit about Pluto
DELET THIS

Nigger

>It is literally only skin deep.
Lemme get this straight.

You've got a species with a primary natural selection geared towards intelligence that has limited gene flow for approximately 10,000 years across a wide variety of evironments, and you seriously believe that "skin color" is the only difference?

Why do you buy into this meme?

>and you seriously believe that "skin color" is the only difference?
Probably because it's the only real big difference between any of the "races".

Bonobo.

I'm collecting this for my Sup Forumsmblr collage.

The reddit spacing makes it extra sophisticated.

Whoa English speakers got hit by some autism regarding the name of brown/black skinned people with African ancestry.

In all the Spanish speaking world it is just "Negro" for the colour, the races, the slurs and the more fraternal version (my nigga)

A caricature of black face

It's pretty much straight up minstrel show caricature, although it goes by many names depending on your local flavor of racism.

Vaudville?

Ask yourself that the next time you complain about Jewish anti-white agendas cumskin.

>Vaudville
You must be 18 or older to post in here.

Race doesn't exist on a biological level you hick. Should have paid attention to 3rd grade Biology.

What bugs me is that face that it's just a clown with black skin.

bethematch.org/transplant-basics/matching-patients-with-donors/how-does-a-patients-ethnic-background-affect-matching/

people who save lives don't have time to pretend that people like you aren't functionally retarded

I shouldn't even have to explain that to you.

Why is Sup Forums so stupid?

clearly im an idiot.
now give me a clear, concise rebuttal of the statement that ethnicities have definable, scientifically significant differences, or you admit you're wrong. i'm not from pol, I just hate people who can't provide proof of why they think things. give me a logical argument or you're wrong.

Pickaninny was specific to children, but yes that's probably the best fit.

That's basically where the minstrel show aesthetic came from. It's a fascinating but if culture that everybody pretends never existed because MUH RACISM, but for the most part it's just a clown show with antebellum set dressing.

I'm at work read this

sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/10/981008051724.htm

It also explains why you have a gross misunderstanding of that link you posted.

>Calling NASA out on this, when it was one of their Planetologists who called Tyson a poser explaining that the only requirement a "Planet" ever had, was that it orbits in a star system and is rounded by its own gravity.

Well to be fair they're all different dialects/countries/applications slang for blacks.
I'm sure you DO have a lot. I mean fuck most of them we got from you in the first place.

While we're here, is there a general word for when you're hateful towards a group of people because of stereotypes/your own notions, but not based on gender or race? Like, if you hate a religious group or even fandom simply because they exist and you have some sort of stereotype in your head. I feel there should be some sort of general -ism for that.

Prejudice

Not him, and I might just be misunderstanding here, but it seems to me that HLA is a difference similar to that of Blood Types.
It's a basic, immutable part of how the human body works, but doesn't elementally change who or what people are (unless you're Japanese and superstitious).
Since this stuff is heridetary, naturally there's going to be great tendencies between historically segregated groups of people.
Like if there was a small ethnic group of people where they're almost all O- (which is entirely possible from a purely biological standpoint, if a bit unlikely), they'd score terribly on "likeliness of find suitable Blood Donor" charts similar to this one, because they can only get blood donations from other people with O- blood.

Are you thinking of an Uncle Tom?

Do clown shows feature a lot of jokes about eating watermelon and fried chicken, being addicted to dice gambling, and being lazy?

meant to reply to >it's just a clown show
except clowns usually did juggling, balloons, and physical comedy, while minstrel shows focused on singing and dancing "like a nigger" and behaving "like a nigger"

In the uk it's Called Gollywog.

Colored spade/A nigra/A black nigger/A jungle bunny/Jigaboo coon/Pickaninny mau mau/Uncle Tom/Aunt Jemima/Little Black Sambo/Cotton pickin'/Swamp guinea/Junk man/Shoeshine boy/Elevator operator/Table cleaner at Horn & Hardart/Slave voodoo
Zombie/Ubangi lipped/Flat nose/Tap dancin'/Resident of Harlem/And president of The United States of Love

>1940s-50s show makes people depict stereotypical and generally bad qualities in great abundance
>This is a non-white only thing
Do you even watch cartoons?
youtube.com/watch?v=sJykcNhw2Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=jR0eBWDVAtw

I mean stereotypes were a big thing, and yeah it's not nice, but it wasn't meant to be character assassination. Everyone got shit. That's what Cartoons were for.

It's a caricature

Threadly reminder - stereotypes=/= racism

Who are you quoting? I didn't say any of that. I said that minstrel shows aren't "just a clown show" as user claims. Clown shows deal with some subject matter and have some set of gags, minstrel shows deal with a different subject matter and have a different set of gags. just because clows wear similar makeup doesn't make the minstrel shows "just a clown show". Minstrel shows focus on stereotypical nigger traits.

But I get it, it's much easier attacking an argument I didn't make than one I did make.

By using the image you did, you were equating it to what cartoons were doing, and this being a cartoon board, I took exception to that.

>Do clown shows feature a lot of jokes about eating watermelon and fried chicken, being addicted to dice gambling, and being lazy?
I think user was going by looks.

I did pay attention to high school biology. And if a alligator with one different tooth is a different species. Negro's are too.

Holy shit, you just brought me some serious flashbacks from high school. I stumbled upon an old slip of paper tucked in a library book with the word "jiggaboo" written on it and had no idea what it meant. I took it to theater class following my library visit and asked around, but no one there had heard the term either. Over the next couple of days, it seemed like all the guys in class started using the word in out of context in passing conversation because of how funny it sounds. Then somebody thought it was funny to write it near the stairs leading up the stage with a dry erase marker (which did not wipe off properly from the old hardwood stage) and the teacher saw it. Our extremely laid-back teacher went berserk, had to explain what the word meant to the class, and furiously insisted that the stage be scrubbed until the word was gone. And that's the story of how I learned that "jiggaboo" was/is a racial slur.

Bog wog.

>If I say it often enough, maybe it will become true.
We don't actually know just how deep intelligence and race are connected because it is a blacklisted topic in the scientific community. There is no real research on the topic.

>Reddit spacing
The fuck is reddit spacing.

The latest made-up distinction between "us" and "them" in the current wave of the online culture war. It's just putting an empty line between lines for no reason as opposed to doing it to separate paragraphs.

Nigger

>Great Negroe Actors
>Michael Rapaport

> While between-population variation exists, it is either too small, which is a quantitative variation, or it is not the right qualitative type of variation -- it does not mark historical sublineages of humanity.
The most that I'm getting from this is that genetic variation between regions is slight and has been muddled more than our understanding of race.

It does not address what traits belong to that 15% associated variation or what imapcts they would have, if ever so slight. It does not address how or why these few traits have prevalence in certain regions.

Pollywog

Smiling sambo.

fucking lol