X-Force by Simon Spurrier?

How was X-force by Simon Spurrier? I read a few issues of Humphries Uncanny X-force and it was garbage, but I have an X-force itch in need of scratching, is Spurrier's any good?

Very good, not as good as his Legion run, but still very good.

Pretty bad with horrible art.

Op here, would both of you care to elaborate on your respective stances?

Si Spurrier is an immensely creative voice in comics and I like that he understand and actually wants to write in THIS medium. However, he is a self proclaimed hipster and as such he likes reminding people of that. His dialogue can get real cringy at times for example, Marrow's entire dialogue is just.. I wish I had something on hand. Spurrier is the kind of guy that needs a good editor because left to his own devices he can either go north or south, guy really loves his memes for example. As for the art, just google it, it's eye cancer but Marvel really didn't give Spurrier good artists in general.

Side note, this picture is from X-Men Legacy, it is actually very good but even there you can stuff like this.

His marvel stuff was very exciting, but that "The Spire" he made right after was a giant pile of trashpoop.

What do you think of CRY HAVOC?

no idea

>His marvel stuff was very exciting
Only read Legacy and X-Force. really liked Legacy, hated X-Force. Both had crap artists. The Spire seemed lame, I dropped it after #2 but Cry havoc was amazing. It's too bad that it looks canceled and not returning for a "second season" what with the artist currently working on the Saucer Country sequel...
Six Gun Gorilla was also amazing, with a title like that I was prepared to hate it, but I didn't. I'm interested in Godshaper although it doesn't sound that great, I'm just hoping the execution blows me away. Also, his upcoming project with Caspar Wijngaard.
But since you've read more, of his Marvel work, what did you think of his Silver Surfer mini? He seems like an interesting character but I haven't really loved what I've read of him so far.

nah I haven't read more, same two series you have.

>cyclops
rip daddy

Spurrier never gets the break he deserves IMO. He's had some clunkers, but even those are ten times more daring and refreshing than that of what his colleagues muster up on higher profile books.

He's got it very sweet with BOOM at the moment though, so happy to see him getting to do his thing. Wasn't mad about Spire (mostly let down by Stokely's half-assed attempt at aping Miyazaki) but Godshaper looks and sounds great.

His new project with Wijngaard is gonna be the tits, they're a great suit

it was good, but Spurrier for some reason choses shitty artists to work with

>Return of Marrow
>Solid Snake clone army Cable
>MeMe/Hope
>Dr. Nemesis
>Domino
>Forgetmenot shenanig- wait, what was I doing?
>X-Calibur shows up
>Cool base of operations
>Art was different/distinct enough that it was sometime refreshing

Don't listen to these naysayers. Pretty much the only downside was Fantomex and Psylocke, who admittedly get way too much focus.

That's not how it works, Marvel editorial are responsible mostly for the artist picks. I can assure you that the Korean dude on X-Force was certainly not Spurrier's choice

I feel like everyone got shat on to make a weak point at the end.
Im mad Spurrier damaged CableĀ“s relationship with Hope.

Say, anyone wants some coffee?

Si Spurrier's X-Force is a fucking masterpiece. Go read it. RIGHT NOW!

WTF are you all still doing here? Go buy it and read it.

And, yes, I will gladly whore myself to shill for Si Spurrier.

>X-Calibur shows up

Which issue

i believe he meant MI13

Yeah, he has some dialogue tics that were charming when it was David Haller but are dangerously capable of heading into "same off-kilter voice on several characters" territory.

Like Bendis?