Which protagonist is less likable? The Degenerate Target Pussy? Or the Nihilist Narcissist Lovecraftian Horror?

Which protagonist is less likable? The Degenerate Target Pussy? Or the Nihilist Narcissist Lovecraftian Horror?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X6PKcKZ0ahQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rick.

Steven he's beginning to get more mary sue.

It's Rick.

how is that even a question?

>this character whos actually meant to be this thing I listed
>OR this other one who was meant to be likable but is an annoying cry baby pussy

Fuck you, buddy. Steven is great. The world needs more win-win protags.

The boy child

go back to tumblr

Rick is pretty much an anti Sue.

Least he makes the show more interesting.

Not really.
Like a straightforward Mary Sue, he wins every situation he's in and no one opposes him as of Season 3.

>wins every situation by getting arrested in a galactic prison and having to resort to entering new realities to escape all your loved ones being lost in old ones

weird way of winning everything

Steven is a Lovecraft Ian horror tho

Wrong

All part of the plan.

Rick's an asshole, but he's a funny asshole. I used to think people were too hard on Steven, but the creators now seem hellbent on proving the critics right.

>Sup Forums
>critics
Kek

Steven.

Believe in faggot

Would Rick kill Steven?
Would anyone care?

>these Sup Forums faggots who think Sup Forums is about hating Comics & Cartoons
You have to go back.

I no longer believe in Steven since Beta

Fuck of SU fag

the fat kid on the right

more like fag fag

SU bait thread.Never fails

>believing in Steven
>ever
I never believed in that faggot.

The only people who hate Rick are complete Mr. Enter tier autists

It's sad that the hatebase are the ones keeping SU threads alive.
This board would be SU free but their autism just doesn't let them go.

>le MrEnter scapegoat
In reality, the only people who hate Rick is ironically Sup Forums itself.
Everyone either loves that Rick is a funny asshole or are sympathetic towards him.

Sup Forums just doesn't feel the need to discuss shows that have little left to discuss. But then you have hatedom minorities that get off to shows they don't enjoy and can't shut up about it. The tendency of people on the internet to be baited into responding to people saying dumb things goes without saying.

But so many people are tired of seeing SU but EVERY bait thread gets 300+replies and they comment on it constantly.Why would someone constantly give attention to a show they hate.Its retarded.
And this happens every day.Every fucking day.

That thread about SU shrinking is the third one to appear since Room for Ruby.
I mean it's one thing to care about art but to get autistic over heights in a show you hate?

thing is,i admit that heights are a legit criticism.Plenty of fans have alredy admitted it as well.But people keep shoe horning in the height and that one awful animation in earthlings to the point that makes it seem like its the worst thing about SU.And i,as a fan of SU,think thats stupid.
And i saw that thread.People are legit talking about how to cancel SU.Jesus christ

Stephano is pretty much a Morty minus a Rick.

>thing is,i admit that heights are a legit criticism.Plenty of fans have alredy admitted it as well.
Yeah it's a legit criticism and I wouldn't if it was just a one time thread.
But to keep making threads about the same subject?

this.
and it backfires on them because it makes the haters look like they have so little to criticize on the show that the heights are what they decide to hate on

I miss Tag's stuff.

Nah. He'll make a good replacement Morty if anything.

>Rick is about to execute an alien child.
>Stephen gets in his way and goes on a rant on how they should try and be understanding of other beings.
>Alien child immediately facehugs Steven and begins clawing at him with intent to kill.
>Before Alien child executes, Rick kills alien child.
>Traumatized Steven.jpg

I like how leather jacket Pearl became canon.

Rick and Steven would be super cool desu.Steven getting more and more traumatized would be hilarious.
hell he would end up becoming manlier by the end.

>"The universe is a crazy and chaotic place, Stephano! Remember that!"
>"You're wrong mr. Sanchez! The universe isn't like that at all!"

Honestly, it writes itself. Now I wanna see Rick interacting with Rose.

That whole thread was just a circle jerk.
Haters really can be worse than fans.

>faggot
he is seed of murdercock. All shall love him and dispair.

Rick. But that was intentional, unlike with Steven.

>don't worry Steven I woooon't fool around with Connie or anything... Sheeee-
she's for you.

Bad Pearl is the only good thing to come out of SU.

>Next time they see an alien Steven shapeshifts a spear hand and fucking guts it
>Rick tells him off for killing a harmless gormm child
>Tramatization intensifies.

>i dont see the show but i like this drawing

Related to above pic
>Steven gets a little brother that grows up to be a hard assed faggot.

>interacting
whose to say they haven't already?

Le edgy Mmmett Brown is less likeable, at least Steven is a naive child

Likeable as a character or as a person?

She's the best part of the show honestly. Her crush get's fucked by a human and then her crush dies to create Steven from said human's seed. She's a crazy super-cuck.

I don't believe in Steven
I do believe in Wander

While Steven's progress in some of the more recent eps has been obnoxious, he's honestly a decently written character. You can slowly see his growth from naive, fearful, and unskilled to slowly gaining power, morals and fortitude. He still gets caught off guard and taken advantage of but he's slowly become more cynical and more fed up with how few answers he's been given in exchange for all the problems that've cropped up.

S1 Steven almost never called the gems on their shit and he's been doing it pretty regularly recently.

Didn't he let the galaxy get destroyed over muh passifism?

There is nothing lovecraftian about Rick.

The fact that anyone is saying Steven just goes to show now defined by hating other shows the R&M fanbase is. It's why they don't make a general. The show attracts self absorbed cunts who spend a good portion of their time telling everyone how stupid they all are instead of unironically enjoying things, and thus don't want to be grouped into a general and made a target. However this fear of diagnosis is enough to be diagnosed.

*how

I only watched some of the episodes, is his hat capable of producing weapons? We saw time after time that dominator's forces were too strong to just punch into submission

That would have to be Steven for me...

Both are pretty much Gary Stus...

Rick is a unstable psychopath and an cynical arsehole, but everyone in the setting accepts this and calls him out on it, and Rick himself relishes in it, so whatever...

Steven on the other hand, is just too amiable, too diplomatic, too naive, and too goddamned dense to make for an enjoyable protagonist. Especially since the fact that he has these qualities is something that is turned into the butt of a joke, improved upon, or even acknowledged, by the show. Compound that with a voice and design which just grates on my nerves...

No Hater Saved the Galaxy, he became the hero we all deserved.

youtube.com/watch?v=X6PKcKZ0ahQ

HATES GREAT BEST VILLAIN!!!

>Reddit vs tumblr

no way out

I'm glad they fixed her face.

She looked like a teenage girl who put on makeup for the first time and came out of the bathroom looking like a cheap prostitute.

Is this game playable now after the patch? I need me some space rpg.

There's only one way out.

I'm from Sup Forums. I don't play video games, I just bitch about them.

From what I've heard though the gameplay is the best of the entire series but the facial animations are fucked and will remain fucked for the foreseeable future. Apparently some high up in Bioware told the dev team to not waste any time into touching up their newfangled mocap and Eastern European Bioware studio animation.

Beyond that I hear a lot of bitching from waifufags that they didn't get to see their bird waifu naked.

I fucking hate the term lovecraftian. People throw it around with no understanding of what it means, with OP being a prime example cause theres nothing Lovecraftian about Ricks character

>gameplay is the best of the entire series
>I don't play video games
Clearly.

No you don't get it. He's the elder god to the rest of the universe.

If you can date a hivemind and kill mindless horrors with ease then you're not Lovecraftian.

At least Rick isn't modeled after a pig with a negro hair.

If killing Steven meant anything good for Rick he'd do it with no remorse. He let Adolf Lincoln die so he could get drugs.

They're both pretty based.

Except Steven hecame an annoying cunt long before RnM's 3rd season.

And they don't have a general because their showed isn't measured by how many degenerates want to fuck the female characters.

The pussy. I swear if I hear that whiny voice bitch about one more thing...

>Who is Phoenix Person

>>wins every situation by getting arrested in a galactic prison to gain access to the goverment and crashing the banks, so nobody can oppose him anymore

Seems legit.

You can't be seriously saying there is no reason to make a general other than waifuism.

And the OP didn't say the most interesting character. He said the most likable. Steven is friendly to a fault and Rick is one of the worst human beings out of protags on a currently airing show. The only way to justify saying Steven is to change the pretend the OP was asking a different question.

>everyone is wrong but me
Forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

>jumping to random conclusions this hard
Wow, no wonder everybody hates Sup Forums.

Comparing two fundamentally different characters
Hmmm guys this might be bait

Now she looks like she took the Bog Pill

>calling Steven a pussy when he constantly gets shit done when he needs to
>calling Steven a mary-sue when he obviously has flaws, most notable being bottling up his emotions for the sake of others

Why does it feel like people just hate their headcanon version of Steven?

Rick is less likable but he really isn't meant to be, Morty is meant to be likable and he is, Steven is just kind of annoying.

>Steven is friendly to a fault and Rick is one of the worst human beings out of protags on a currently airing show. The only way to justify saying Steven is to change the pretend the OP was asking a different question.

You don't have to be a good person to be likable. Plenty of fictional villains and real life criminals have proven charisma can over shadow moral character.

I can't tell if you are deflecting the issue or lack reading comprehension.

I said most people say the gameplay is the best in the series, you implied they are wrong, I said I am not willing to take your word for it, you tried deflecting by claiming that you didn't imply that without even so much as posting what you did mean to sort out the supposed miscommunication. If you seriously believed it was a miscommunication you would have elaborated, instead you shitpost.

And you have to either ridiculously contort what likable means to choose Rick over Steven or be seriously deranged. The entire point of Rick's character is that he is a miserable person that doesn't give a shit about others.

>but Steven is a faggy good person and isn't an edgy mad scientist who kills entire planets! How could anyone like Steven?! XD XD

Because he has Mary Sue flaws, "flaws" that just end up making him look even better and closer to perfect.
He just has the ugliest, most off putting character design I've ever seen outside of deliberately shitty series (Problem Solverz, Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, etc.)

Any kind of off model pose or facial expression ends up looking like shit because Steven already looks like shit. He triggers memories of this fat autistic kid who was a year or two older than everyone, was constantly wet from sweat (his shirt would stick to his body like an extra layer of skin), he would just stand close to you and breathe uncomfortably out of his mouth. I can almost smell the lip sweat.

I don't want to see Jessie from my High School as a generically proportioned cartoon character who can do no wrong. The show treats Steven like his cute, but it reminds me of fat hambeasts who think they're cute. The way Rebecca normalizes his obesity and thinks it's endearing or powerful is disgusting to me on a moral level.

Steven

You're not supposed to like Rick but some people do, while you're supposed to like Steven but you wish he would get murdered in the next scene

I started watching SU today and holy shit is that kid's voice unbearable. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

>Because he has Mary Sue flaws, "flaws" that just end up making him look even better and closer to perfect.
Wrongo, pal

A flaw that almost gets his dad thrown in space zoo and is acknowledged as such is no mary sue flaw at all, friend

>The way Rebecca normalizes his obesity and thinks it's endearing or powerful
I think he's just supposed to be fat, man. There's even an episode where he resolves to get into shape (but flakes out on it).

>Because he has Mary Sue flaws
Hardly. Steven has genuine flaws. He had more in the beginning, but through character growth he became more of an asset to the Crystal Gems.

>The way Rebecca normalizes his obesity and thinks it's endearing or powerful is disgusting to me on a moral level.
You don't even know what you're talking about. How is his fatness normalized? Not once has their been any positive talk about his weight or fat people in general. And him being confident in his appearance has nothing to do with that.

>I don't want to see Jessie from my High School as a generically proportioned cartoon character who can do no wrong.
You're an extreme autist.

It gets better and then worse.

>And you have to either ridiculously contort what likable means to choose Rick over Steven or be seriously deranged.

No you don't. I like Rick's character over Steven, because an active character is more interesting than a passive one. Rick is an opportunist that will use anything at his disposal to get what he wants or remove threats. While Steven will idly sit by until something forces him to act.

>Steven is a Mary Sue
We've had episodes dedicated to Steven's flaws. Why does this meme keep getting repeated? Do they not watch the show?

OP didn't ask which is your favorite, he asked who is more LIKABLE.