>Sylvester/Tweety
>Tom/Jerry

Who did you side with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJJW7EF5aVk
youtube.com/watch?v=bI-xkzjxCaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=B12eVCBbGsw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If I can remember my childhood 9PM viewings, Bugs, Road-Runner, Tweety and Jerry.

So, you sided with all the assholes

Bugs Bunny
Wile E Coyote
Tweetie
Tom.

I dunno. Something about the Road Runner just rubs me the wrong way. He's just too cocky.

Bugs, Wile E. Coyote, Sylvester, N/A

Yep, though with Bugs I will never regret siding.

Tom and Jerry were assholes of varying degrees depending on what was being aired.
Coyote I ended up feeling bad for but I liked RR because he was fast and thought he had superpowers.

I don't remember much of Sylvester and Tweety besides the Baby looney toons show.

>Daffy Duck
Bugs is annoying as fuck.
>Wile E. Coyote
Cool guy.
>Sylvester and Tweety
Fuck them both were shit.
>Tom
Again Mouse was annoying and cats are superior.

The winners, of course.

The losers, stay losers.

Daffy
Coyote
Tweety
Tom

Tom just wanted to enjoy life, smoke up and get bitches. Jerry was a little faggot who wouldn't leave him alone.

Is there any occasion where Coyote "won"?
Because I'm pretty sure both Tom and Sylvester came out on top on a few occasions.

Bugs
Road-Runner
Sylvester
Tom

only thing that comes to mind is that Family Guy skit.

Yea he once catch the Runner but then he gives a sign which says he doesn't even remember why he chased him.

He caught the Road Runner at least twice.
youtube.com/watch?v=KJJW7EF5aVk
The other is when he orders a huge robot. He catches Road Runner in the robot's hand.

Episode is "Solid Tin Coyote".

>Bugs
Daffy often starts the conflict and can be an ass, Bugs often just reacts and counters Daff like most other cartoons when Bugs is faced with an opponent.

>Wile E. Coyote
While it is often nice to see roadrunner find some loophole in the Coyote's traps or the traps backfiring on Wile, it sometimes does get to the point where you feel bad for the guy because it does show him as genuinely desperate to get food.

>Tweety
While he does share Wile E.'s dilemma of hunger, for Sylvester I feel as though he is a bit too smug. Tweety is, when compared to roadrunner, a lot more 'defenseless' making Sylvester more like a bully than a character constantly trying to outcompete the other. Though Tweety can get pretty annoying with that annoying voice, though.

>Tom/Jerry ?
Honestly this one's the hardest for me because it depends on a case by case basis. Interestingly out of all the rivals in this thread they are more likely, imo, to be equally assholish/start the conflict as the other. Sometimes Tom is just doing his job and not wanting to be thrown out of the house/killed and Jerry and co fuck with him for the sake of fucking with him or getting food. Sometimes Tom starts the conflict by being a total ass to Jerry and vice versa.

Bugs and Daffy. They are like Flip and Flap: perfect enemies who are subjected to live and struggle with each other despite their diametrally different types of personality.

Literally same here.

Bugs
Wil E
Tweety
Jerry

Sorry, I meant Tom

Coyote
Tom
Tweety and Bugs when I was a kid, Sylvester and Daffy made more sense when I became an adult.

But Daffy never got one over on Bugs. Not once. Bugs has always won, handily and without much effort, in every altercation.

Bugs and Daffy cartoons were never very exciting because you always knew that Bugs would beat Daffy without even trying, much less struggling.

Daffy
Road Runner
Tweety
Jerry

Bugs
Roadrunner
Tweety
Tom

youtube.com/watch?v=bI-xkzjxCaQ
Unless you count this.

youtube.com/watch?v=B12eVCBbGsw

Bugs
Wile E. Coyote
Sylvester
Tom

I'm pretty sure my child self based support on how cute their real animal counterparts looked

>Daffy
He's a dick, but he's understandably a dick and honestly just seems more fun to be around
>Wile E. Coyote
He's put so much time and money into it, just let him eat the fucking bird
>Tom
Jerry's honestly just as much of a dick than Tom is, and Tom seems to ALWAYS be playing with a handicap. It's never a fair fight and Jerry takes full advantage of that.

I honestly don't like Sylvester or Tweety.

I think I like their dynamic the best though because they'd often end up teaming up against some other, 3rd party.

Wasn't the whole point was that you were suppose to be rooting for the pathetic underdog in these?

>Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck
>Not Bugs Bunny/Elmer Fudd

>While he does share Wile E.'s dilemma of hunger, for Sylvester I feel as though he is a bit too smug. Tweety is, when compared to roadrunner, a lot more 'defenseless' making Sylvester more like a bully than a character constantly trying to outcompete the other. Though Tweety can get pretty annoying with that annoying voice, though.

Tweety's biggest crime is indeed the annoying Try Hard Cute voice. That and Tweety is obviously self-aware that the writers are on HIS side so he goes on the extreme for punishing Sylvester. However, Sylvester isn't sympathetic because he aims to devour Granny's Pet. And usually he is also Granny's Pet so he's provided for. It just makes him look like scum that he's well fed and wants to eat the canary.

Both characters are horribly unlikable.

It should be
>Bugs Bunny / Elmer Fudd
>Bugs Bunny / Yosemite Sam
>Daffy Duck / Elmer Fudd
>Daffy Duck / Porky Pig
>Daffy Duck / Bugs Bunny / Elmer Fudd
>Bugs Bunny / Daffy Duck

Warner Bros has a lot of ships for these two

Sylvwster never won

It depends

Generally I side with Bugs because most times its just Daffy being an egotistical cunt but sometimes Daffy would get shit on for solely no reason other than the fact he wasn't Bugs

I side with Coyote because he's just trying to get something to eat and his only source of food is apparently a road runner with god like powers

I side with Tweety because in most situations its just Sylvester trying to get an easy meal and rightfully being shit on

100% side with Tom most of the time. Jerry is a little shit who started most of the conflicts.
He literally got Tom executed for doing his job and willingly let him burn in hell

Fuck Jerry

bugs
road runner
Sylvester
Tom.

As soon as the rivalry turns one sided I tend to like the underdog more. Maybe that's old age taking it's course. As some have said as a kid I took the side of the smart asses who got a one up on the other one. But you start to see that those characters weren't as great or nice as you may have thought. Even the Roadrunner whose main trait was being oblivious of Wile E. Coyote's antics soon turned into an antagonist who purposely tried to fuck with him. It stopped being passive self defense by letting the Coyote own hubris be his undoing to Road Runner actively sabotaging to get him injured.

Daffy, but I like Bugs too
Wile E
No opinion
Tom

>Bugs Bunny bcauz smug
>Wile E. Coyote. Becaz smart
>Sylvester becaz sasy cat
>Tom. Becaz angry cat
I like catz

Daffy coyote Sylvester and tom

>Daffy
Their rivalry is meta as Daffy as his own character was more fun to watch than Bugs. But Bugs did over shadow him in popularity so he gets stuck in the position of jealous heel. Daffy literally wants to be his own character and not paired with Bugs and that's the crux of their conflict. Bugs was a smug bastard to everyone and literally could just outsmart his foes and walk away. Instead he go the extra mile to hurt Daffy until finally he's broken by the end of the episode. Bugs response to Daffy isn't defense it's cruelty.
>Road Runner
Road Runner is just minding his business and Wile E. is trying to use gadgets and weapons to kill him. Wile E. spends all this fucking money or credit to get ACME shit why not use it to order a pizza or ingredients for food?
>Tweety
Tweety literally defends himself from the piece of shit house cat that can't co-exist with him. He's a fucking house cat getting fed, with a roof over his head, and he risks it all just to eat a giant head bird that's not even worth the effort. Sylvester is retarded just like most cats.
>Tom
Despite what I said about cats, Tom is doing his job as a house cat when it comes to vermin. Jerry 90% of the time is the instigator. Stealing food, scaring the women in the house just for lulz, playing pranks, fucking with Tom because he can, and just being a cunt. Tom doesn't even want to eat him in most of the shorts he's trying to kill the fucker because he's invading and vandalizing his owners home.

>Bugs (I like Daffy more but he was never right when fighting with Bugs)
>Wile E
>Tweety (Like Sylvester more though)
>Tom

Daffy
Neutral. Maybe Wile E
Sylvester
Might have been Jerry as a kid (at times) but now Tom.

Daffy
Wile
Tweety
Tom

Bugs
Wile E.
Tweety when Sylvester was not with his son
Tom

I'm glad most of us can agree Jerry is a shitcunt.

Wasn't their a reverse Duck Amuk episode where Daffy spent the whole thing screwing with Bugs?

>bugs, but i like daffy more now
>wile e.
>tweety
>tom
fuck you, jerry

I guess you could say I was a contrarian, but I prefer to think I liked rooting for the underdogs, or that not being the "face" character means that the they got more development but...
>Daffy
>Sylvester
>Tom
I don't think I ever felt strongly one way or another about the Wile E. Coyote & Roadrunner, cuz Chuck Jones' golden rule was "the Roadrunner can never hurt the Coyote, he can only come to harm from his own hubris."

>Despite what I said about cats, Tom is doing his job as a house cat when it comes to vermin. Jerry 90% of the time is the instigator. Stealing food, scaring the women in the house just for lulz, playing pranks, fucking with Tom because he can, and just being a cunt. Tom doesn't even want to eat him in most of the shorts he's trying to kill the fucker because he's invading and vandalizing his owners home.
The absolute worst of this was the short where Tom's a fucking maestro of an orchestra for some reason, and Jerry's butthurt cuz he can't sleep during his concerto... it's like, motherfucker, you LIVE INSIDE A STAGE, WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GONNA HAPPEN? But FUCK THE ARTS cuz FUCK CATS I guess

>I side with Tweety because in most situations its just Sylvester trying to get an easy meal and rightfully being shit on
Yea but, cat's instincts?

>Jerry 90% of the time is the instigator.
>Tom doesn't even want to eat him in most of the shorts
During these discussions I always picture this one short in my head that I don't recall, he was sleeping in his blue cat bed and Jerry starts fucking with him. My memory then mixes into a bunch of times he's fucked with him while he tries to sleep, so I'll never remember what I picture.

Also I think there's a christmas short where he wanted to sleep too.

Seriously, Jerry, a sleeping cat isn't a threat. Don't fuck with sleep.

This. The joke is that Granny's old and senile, and owning both a cat and a bird is asking for trouble.

You wouldn't leave your pet snake in a room with your pet mouse.

>>Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck
I don't think I really sided with either although I liked Daffy more. He usually had what he got coming so I never felt injustice on his behalf but he was the more fun to watch.
He had the perfect balance of likeable and sympathetic against being kind of a prick.

>>Wile E. Coyote/Road-Runner
>>Sylvester/Tweety
>>Tom/Jerry
Wile E. Coyote, Sylvester and Tom. Sure the latter two could be a bit dickish at times but the power balance of the universe was always unduly against them. That and I found Tweetie and even Jerry's designs a bit too cute.

And then of course there's the Musketeers short. Jerry you bastard.

Daffy, Wile, Sylvester, Jerry.

Daffy is the only one who's really an asshole of them; the others the "hero" is just designated such

Daffy Duck - Bugs was a dick
Wile E. Coyote - brains against brawn (or speed)
didn't care about Sylvester and Tweety
Tom - Jerry was a dick

It's been a while since I've seen anything with Bugs and Daffy, but I think I sided with Daffy.

Wile E. Coyote.

Didn't care sbout Sylvester and Tweety.

100% Tom. Jerry was a massive asshole.

>Wasn't their a reverse Duck Amuk episode where Daffy spent the whole thing screwing with Bugs?

That was Elmer at the end, not Daffy.

>Jerry was the asshole
I'm sick of this meme

>I dunno. Something about the Road Runner just rubs me the wrong way. He's just too cocky.

Why? You'd have a better argument for Jerry being so.

CARTOON NETWORK: CIVIL WAR

>Bugs
>Coyote
>Tweety
>Depends on the episode. Usually Jerry, but sometimes he was a little shit.

>Bugs/Daffy
Only if it's LTS Daffy and Bugs.

>Bugs or Daffy
Personally I like Daffy. Mostly because Chuck Jones created him in his image.

Bugs and Daffy is probably the best handled one sided rivalry. Daffy is clearly in the wrong most of the time and Bugs is so charming you always want him to win, but Daffy is such a fun enough character that even when you want him to fail you still love watching him.
I wouldn't say it was bad but Chuck Jones Daffy is probably the worst incarnation of the character.

Still very much entertaining but I prefer Tex Avery or LTS version far more.

Daffy gets his revenge in the 2011 reboot. Pretty much fucking up Bugs life over the course of the series.

Early screwball Daffy but once he turned into the greedy Daffy I'd go with Bugs.

Road Runner because I always imagined that he's actually a super genius that just loves intentionally fucking with Wile E.

Sylvester because fuck Tweety.

Jerry because he's a more likable Tweety.

bugs
wile
sylvester
tom

Bugs, Wile E, Sylvester

The last one is a hard choice, but Tom I suppose.

Daffy
Road Runner
Sylvester
Tom

same. I'm a sucker for tsunderes.

Elmer
ACME
Grannie
Spike

Daffy Duck, Wile E Coyote, Sylvester, and Tom.