Rick Sanchez

Will he be forever unbeatable, or will they kill him off at the end of the show?

Morty will kill him. Screencap this

Done. I have it saved as a png in my pics folder. If it ever comes up I'll be sure to post it.

Good to know that this show stopped being a comedy and turned into a less interesting version of Star Wars.

Star Wars was never interesting outside the KoToR games.

you don't kill off the hero and main character of your show

did you even watch the episode user?

And yet it's still more interesting than Rick and Morty.

well thats just like, your opinion, man

Nothing will happen because it's a show that shouldn't be taken seriously

>still more interesting than post-S1 Rick and Morty
FTFY

And Tales of the Jedi. Don't forget Tales of the Jedi.

And maybe Legacy (the comic not the books)

Cowboy Bebop did it and is still makes everyone's top five anime lists.

Morty is going to continue being desensitized to violence while growing more intelligent under Rick's guidance. Morty will end up killing Rick and take over his role as galactic threat as the evil Morty featured in that one episode that introduced the government of Ricks.
The controlled Rick and Rick C-137 were nearly the same on the Rick-spectrum because the evil Morty replicated Rick C-137, but with a few extra evil tendencies.

Morty has also been gradually been becoming more violent and accepting of violence as seen in the purge episode's development.

My guess is Morty C-137's family will die over and over again and he'll realize they're not actually special at all, just tools for his happiness. This will lead to him constructing the morty-dome.

>unbeatable

Millions of Ricks have been outsmarted, humiliated, and killed. Or just died in freak accidents of their own or others' making.

Our Rick isn't special.

True, but he was a Rick of interest for the Council which means that he's somewhere high on the spectrum of individualistic/resourceful/dangerous.

The Rickest Rick.

I liked him taking out the counsel. "Infinite Ricks" is a cute concept but ultimately devalues the main characters. While that was purposeful with the family, it shouldn't touch Rick and Morty. They shouldn't be interchangeable because these are the ones we're watching. Otherwise, the show is basically a inter-dimensional tv show. A random permutation of elements with observable tendancies. And obviously, that's what any tv show is, but it needs to be careful about how and when it calls attention to that fact.

Making Rick and Morty relatively unique in the multi-verse while still on their second reality (and I do think that Morty is Rick's original Morty) does that.

That said, I forgot that Rick left his own Daughter to die in the Cronenberg world until the Season 3 Premier. That's pretty fucking cold. Maybe it's better if Morty isn't Rick's original... but then we also have no idea/text about Rick and his daughter.

Rick is still human. He can talk shit about religion and emotions and love all he want, he still feels the same thing a human does.

>That said, I forgot that Rick left his own Daughter to die in the Cronenberg world until the Season 3 Premier.

as the guy that created the portal gun thing, I think he has come to terms with the fact that most people's lives are inherently worthless.

I assume that since s3 opens with an unstoppable power hymn to Rick, that it's setting him up to fail spectacularly. Even s2's finale wasn't really his fault in the immediate sense of the word, sure it happened because of his actions in the past but we're given so little context, and the Feddies are such murder-happy dicks, that it's easy to side with Rick over them and see them as just the big bad guvmint.

But the s3 premiere is all about alternating between Rick doing cool uber-competent shit, and Morty trying to convince Summer (unsuccessfully) that being uber-competent and cool doesn't make Rick a hero... and in the end, he's proven kinda right as Rick goes on a verbally-abusive, egomaniacal rant. He's way, way harder to root for right now and the question posed at the end of the premiere is "Who's gonna stop him?"

I dunno if the prediction that Morty will kill Rick is true (at least THIS Morty), but they're clearly setting him up to get knocked down, because that's the nature of conflict and storytelling... pride comes before a fall. And this time it won't just be because of something he did offscreen years ago, it'll be because of his decisions in this season, and it'll probably be someone who's hurt that hurts back. Jerry HAS threatened to commit murder-suicide before...

We now have no way of knowing what Rick's original timeline was. Rick changed bodies so many times in the premier that you can't use a machine to show his original universe, just the universe of the body he has.

Also, in the fake origin story Beth dies. It wouldn't surprise me if his Beth actually did die, which is why he spends little time with her and was so ready to abandon his family in the Cronenburg world, it's not his world. Since he spends so much time with Morty he's grown attachment to him, but the Morty we see doesn't exist on Rick's actual universe.

Not just millions.

An infinite number of them. Here's the problem with inter-dimensional travel if there truly are an infinite number of multiverses. First, "splits" in the timeline don't just happen with "choices" made by people. There are an infinite number of timelines that are identical to yours under that theory, but only differ because some asteroid millions of light years away had an atom that radioactively decayed at a slightly different time.

This means that if you can travel through dimensions, there are an infinite number of travelers who set out when you hop over a timeline. Most of them probably go to a slightly different destination than you do, but if at least one goes to the same timeline at the same time? Well... there isn't a "just one" when it comes to this sort of thing. If one is found to exist, that means there are an infinite number of nearly identical travelers who also go to your desired dimension.

You just had a dimension suddenly see an influx of infinite mass in the form of Ricks who hopped into that world. That tends to fuck with things. Pseudo-science rant over.

See, this is why I'm glad they decided to derail that whole plot and generally don't like multiversal shit in storytelling - cuz like you said, if it's a truly infinite multiverse than any story that tries to affect all of them is pointless cuz there's an alternate version where their attempts to save reality or whatever failed.

At the end of season 9

You are assuming that was his original daughter. I wouldnt be surprised at all if, in his dimensional adventures, Rick lost his world of origin. Nothing happened to it, he just doesnt know which of the infinite dimensions is HIS. He just found one close enough to what he remembered, also missing a Rick, and moved in.

If there is any truth to his memory, he lost his original daughter and wife a long time ago. Also, "his" Morty has no memory of him before he showed up a few years ago, despite the fact that this Rick has memories of a younger Morty

>show is edgy from the start
>S3
>autists complain the best episode is edgy
what happened?

>unbeatable
>Ricks die regularly on the show

I was always a fan of the 'escape velocity' style of multiversal branching. Technically speaking, an infinite number of new universes ARE created every second by trivial bullshit. But the vast, vast majority of them are so similar that they just collapse back down to a countable number of 'significant' branches that achieved a deviance strong enough to break away from other points of collapse.

Basically, the same mechanism that allows timelines to branch also lets them merge. This explains certain cases of deja vu or other inconsistencies between memory and event. Your world got merged and some insignificant detail changed when you werent looking at it.

That would explain his attachment to Morty. He already lost Morty once, and doesnt want to go through that pain again.

You can say he can just get another, but anyone who owns pets knows thats bullshit. Your dog dying never stops being sad as fuck, no matter how many dogs you have had.

"Technically speaking" there is no technically speaking, because no one knows the mechanism or has anything other than conjecture on that front, or even if there IS a multiverse in that sense.

>Explaining Deja vu with collapsing timelines
You want to try to sell me some healing crystals too?

I want Doc Brown to show up, verbally destroying him, calling him a shitty knockoff for pseudo-intellectuals.

>There are infinite universes where someone fucked up and destroyed the multiverse

I mean for science fiction stories, you incredible ponce.
What about this thread made you think ANYONE here was talking about the real world?

He is very beatable. We are only seeing the one reality where he can't stop winning. Why that suicide attempt in S2 probably weeded out 95% of the Ricks in his local reality group.

I wish it seemed like those other Ricks AT LEAST slowed him down a little. I understand they're less free thinking and more complacent than him but they way he shred through them makes them seem no more dangerous than slightly more competent Federation goons.

This is why Rick has to drink to cope with this shit.

Ehhh I dunno, that sounds too much like justification for those damn "Mandela effect" conspiracy theories.

Is this generation really so insecure they can't admit they unconsciously misread/mispelled the name of a book series they read when they were literally children still learning how to read and write?

Multiverse theory is a real world theory jackass, you capitalizing ARE and going *push nerd glasses up* "technically speaking" led me to believe otherwise.

Both people who were in the chain you were replying to were talking about how real world applications of the concept of infinity and multiverse branching wouldn't work in this type of story.

FPBP

Seems like a pretty hard line of attack to defend against.

I'm sure Ricks all know how much easier it is to destroy than to build.

UUURRRRPPP MORTY GOD ISN'T REAL

MCDONALDS

So who killed Rick's wife?
Was it the rick from the flashback? Or was that whole scene a fabrication?

His timeline is an infinitely progressing outward spiral. Morty(s) grow(s) into Rick(s) who beget Morty(s) - the same person, in a loop, but not in the same place or time over again each cycle. Many Worlds accommodates world-leaper subjective 'real time travel', through the existence of universes which are the exact same but at every different instant of 'present'. The whole 'we'll never do proper time-travel' thing is a mathematicians answer ruse.

The whole scene was a fabrication.

Cowboy Bebop did it because it wouldn't matter since it was a financial failure in its home country.

You want me to break out the ACTUALLY? Okay.

Multiverse theory isnt a theory because there is no way it can be proven false by any theoretical experiment. Any 'negative' result for an experiment to determine its veracity cannot be trusted because there is a 50/50 chance you are the universe where it failed. This is true for all values of N.

Since it can never be anything beyond an intetesting 'what if?' Its not really a thoery. Its closer to philosophy than science. Even Erwin Schrodinger never said the multiverse was real, just that his math couldnt tell the difference between an outcome that happened and an outcome that could have happened but didnt. The multiverse was just a convenient way to describe the set of all possible outcomes.