youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c
youtube.com/watch?v=SZoiJM1vlfc
youtube.com/watch?v=gX_8knnjbbo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

monty python is so terrible

>English
>Humor
Pick one

Spanish Inquisition is their only good sketch.

>there are people unironically shitting on Monty Python

t.soyboy

It's humour for you.

t. brit

The witch's trial is my favourite.

The Meaning of Life is a masterpiece.

>anything I disagree with must come from a soyboy
>implying soyboys have been around since the 70s
>implying comedy is not the most subjective of genres
Ok, faggot. Maybe you'll actually stop being a contrarian and develop opinions of your own one day.

I think the humour comes more from the guards trying not to lose their shit than the actual name "Biggus Dickus".

wow you are a genius

actually i'm gay. nice dubs

By today's standards.

Shit thread.

>british """humour"""

>he ranks as high as any in Rome
ROFLMAO! Aren't speech impediments funny. TOPKEK!

Man in woman's clothing

Man sustains injury

Considering Americans eat up Benny Hill, you're not ones to criticise.

BOO OLD HUMOR IS DUMDUM
HAHAHAHA HE SAID FUCK HAHAHAHAH

i`m spic and i find that funny, you little piece of faggot trash.

HAHAHAHAHA HE WALKS FUNNY BUT IT'S LIKE A FORMAL THING HAHAHAHAHAHA

But that's what the suits do?

youtube.com/watch?v=9knToyK-wUs

>implying it's not a brilliant deconstruction of classism

He doesn't puke on the cleaning lady because he has to, he does it because it's expected of him.

baizuo

>the amerimutts can't get basic humour
I guess you need a character to look at the camera with a face, giving you the laugh cue

If you only find memes funny, you've been conditioned with a shit sense of humor.

he has a wife you know

You're not appreciating the sociopolitical context, which isn't surprising given the level of American self consciousness regarding class issues.

its funnier when you know the story behind it, that the guards were played by actors who were told they'd be fired if they laughed or fucked up the scene.

>there are people who unironically still aren't tired of Python in 2017
It's barely funny anymore because every one of their jokes has been copied and memed for decades.

She's called... 'Incontinentia'

'Incontinentia Buttocks'.

Because the concept is foreign to them.

>dude it's a metaphor for the government
>politicians are so stupid bro anarchy forever

>tfw roomate thinks he's too smart for Monty Python but eats up Family Guy and Sausage Party

You should replace him with a dead parrot.

You just proved my point, congrats.

>I guess you need a character to look at the camera with a face, giving you the laugh cue

Honestly I hate this kind of thing.
It's like all comedy where this happens is tailored for autists that can't understand humor.
It's comprehensible when the mimic itself is part of the humor, but imho I find it to be overwhelming in international and american comedy.

americans aren't forced to learn latin, so most of the jokes will go over their head.

they should be used to this by now.

>Honestly I hate this kind of thing.
>It's like all comedy where this happens is tailored for autists that can't understand humor.
>It's comprehensible when the mimic itself is part of the humor, but imho I find it to be overwhelming in international and american comedy.

now imagine "the big bang theory" without a laugh track. spooky, huh?

correct. its the new way of adding a laugh track without triggering idiots who moan about laugh tracks.

Why do Americans copy British shows so much then? The Office, Shameless etc.

>I think the humour comes more from the guards trying not to lose their shit than the actual name "Biggus Dickus".

Fun fact:
The actors weren't told in advance what the lines would be. They were told that if they laughed they wouldn't get paid. so their reactions are genuine. In fact I think the dude was adlibbing some or all of it specifically to try and make them laugh.

Might be an urban legend I'm too lazy to google verify it.

Never watched it more than ten minutes at a time, and my brain hurts at the cringing horror of their sonerdytoogeek4uXD jokes

aka the seinfeld effect
doesn't mean it's not funny

They were ahead of their time

youtube.com/watch?v=NcHdF1eHhgc

>is it a boy or a girl

>youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c

I literally burst out laughing reading Biggus Dickus right now and I'm not even a fan of Monty Python, never watched it. Also not an Anglo. It's just funny. Biggus Dickus

Britfucks have literally the best comedy gags you can find, amerishits can compete only with their best stand up comedians, but their movies and gags are shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=SZoiJM1vlfc

The joke only makes sense in english, not the original latin. They could have forgone the roman attire and just made a "Big Dick" joke in an office somewhere. The whole roman theme was only because of the suffix "-us". This is how shallow British "HumoUr" is

They were making our actual jokes years before

>puke on the cleaning lady

Well at least she doesn’t work for Jews.

This Contrarianism: The Board

of course they hate anything good or beloved by many

Yeah it was so much more cutting edge when family guy did it

>Humor from 40 years ago is different to modern tastes.

holy fuck OP I think you might be onto something.

that sketch of the french waiter walking for like 5 minutes leading the camera only to shout fuck off at the end

now you know where most of the jokes used come from, congrats

I only laughed at that sketch when I began to imagine all the ameri-farts yelling at their TV screens demanding a punchline or a laugh track

Maybe its a cultural thing aswell? bud spencer & terence hill or asterix & obelix aren't that popular in america aswell afaik and that's some good shit

Or maye, god forbid, people have different tastes?

The joke is the dumbass patrician being a dumbass, not just "biggus dickus". The people who ruled distant colonies were usually the friend or family of some big Roman name and were often idiots.

And those retards found «biggus dickus» funny, that's what op was saying

Monty Python gets drilled into your skull as the funniest shit of all time but when you finally watch it the stuff is just silly.

>the stuff is just silly.
I can't tell if you're joking or not but that's literally what their humor is all about
they had a recurring 'sketch' of a military officer breaking up sketches because they got too silly
they were all about absurd surreal humor and people who slap all sorts of 3deep5u intellectualism on their humor are retards.

Yes, it's a shitty style of humour and it was surprising to me that Monty Python had such a great reputation.

>it's a shitty style of humour
What's shitty about it? Do you also hate Mel Brooks? Airplane?

I feel like 3 stooges and Monty Python are shit that people pretend to like because they were popular at their times.
But its like people telling me some book from the 6th century still holds up comedically.

Sorry mate I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

>3 stooges
Are you telling me people acting like idiots and slapping the fuck out of each other is a dated comedic concept? People getting hurt is always funny, just think of the Three Stooges as Jackass with a script.

What? did you interpret my simple question as me being deeply offended by your dislike of Monty Python? I'm used to people not liking them, I'm just asking you why.

This whole scene was GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c

Yeah basically. You come off as thin-skinned and passive aggressive. I overuse rhetorical questions when flustered too.

When the fuck did I use a rhetorical question lmao
way to over-interpret me you fucking spastic

Never really cared for Flying Circus, but all Monty Python movies are great.

Because we take a good idea and remove british humor, the fucked up teeth and faggy attitude.

>Mel Brooks
>Airplane
Man, I love both those two and Monty Python but the humour of the two is very different.

i used to watch that movie over and over as a kid, i would sit down my friends and make them watch it to gauge reactions. i soon learned i have different tastes in films than most kids. everybody seemed to love blazing saddles when i showed it to them.

>>there are people unironically shitting on Monty Python

plebs

>blazing saddles
To this day that fucking fart scene with all the dudes eating beans around a campfire gives me hysterical laughter, I mean fart jokes aren't even funny but that shit is hilarious for some reason.

Mel Brooks did it better

youtube.com/watch?v=gX_8knnjbbo

Where?

more like Morty Python

I think the appeal of older humor like this is that it reminds us that once there was a more wholesome, more free time, when penis jokes and bathroom puns were considered outrageous, edgy and funny. It sparks within us a nostalgia for the glory days of western cinema and western civilization as a whole. We can almost vicariously take part in the audience's delight in having the boundaries of their more christian sense of propriety pushed. A time when men were fearless figureheads of their people, race, and culture, and when they waned silly found it the height of indecorousness to make potty humor. A time when you wouldn't feel disgusted at the thought of taking your beautiful children to the movie theater.

Most Monty Python is boring shit, but life of Bryan was actually funny in my opinion.
>fuck off!
>extended pause
>How shall we fuck off sir?