6 days until the Homestuck Epilogue

6 days until the Homestuck Epilogue.

Post your predictions and how Hussie fucked over your life. Or remember your favorite parts of the comic and finally find peace when this nightmare is over.

Other urls found in this thread:

skrub-ttrpg.tumblr.com/post/159312067861/will-skrub-include-the-muse-and-lord-classes
strawpoll.me/3315133
strawpoll.me/11666127
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

time to just write your own ending,

>"write your own ending"
>get this

that was a fun time, and they stoped

Where's that pic showing how Hussie got noticeably fatter when you need it?

I CANT WAIT FOR MORE VRISKA

A couple of fan endings stopped around 10/25 after the credits came out, and I assume that most of the others will die out after the epilogue.

I wish I could just forget this whole mess.

a couple? i only know of 3 and only 1 of them died out due to irl stuff.

sticking around this place wont help you forget

But Vriska is permadead and will never return.

>he doesnt know

>Post your predictions
Nothing. Hussie hasn't actually got any Hiveswap plans.

But I already know. And both versions are permadead and sucked into the blackhole.

lol

Its so hard to let go.

maybe if you're a weak willed faggola

I can't wait until this reddit garbage is gone for good, so happy.

You sound like you're an eleven year old boy.

MOOOOOOOORE VRISKA?

Don't. She is already a shitty meme.

does vriska have a dick

seriously the shit she does in the comic i'm convinced is due to her testosterone levels being too high

Don't what? I don't understand.

Epilogue is CANWC / THE HOUSE SWITCH PLACES, which is also directly connected to Hiveswap. After the reveal CANWC will move to the official site and will continue as Homestuck 2.0, the next MSPA adventure. Hussie is literally just taking all the characters the fans felt were most underserved in Homestuck and making them the stars of the sequel, by killing off everyone else (making them 'corrupted' non-characters). Jack, Rose, Kanaya, Aradia, Sollux, and possibly a handful of other later characters. Probably something dumb like the dream bubbles continuing on from end of Homestuck and everyone there being normal.

fuck off with your shitty reddit comic

is vriska the real female ace dick?

>8ELLY OF THE WHALE

Here's what a strife card looks like for me game with the pogohammer inserted by mspaint. SKRUB will come out on 4/13 as finished as I can make it

How do we fix Kanaya into an interesting character?

karfats btfo

Well, I think that if she was more developed as a rainbow drinker and as a sort of a caretaker of the trolls instead of rose's girlfriend she'd be more interesting and dynamic

Retcon the retcon. Have her learn from her trauma over Vriska and dump Rose once Rose hits rock bottom (helping contribute to spurring Rose to recovery). Have her lean on her blossoming canon+overt moirallegiance with Karkat to get through this tough time (because she still does really love Rose), exploring and building that relationship further (and improving Karkat at the same time, reassuring him of his unique leadership competency back on the meteor). Hates herself for getting shitty with Terezi over who gets to blackrom the clown.

We didn't get enough Rose's girlfriend Kanaya though.

We didn't get enough Kanaya in general.

She probably has the fewest logs of all the main characters.

Hussie's just poor at following through with his own material.

Don't forget Kanaya trying to be a mother to Terezi who keeps telling her to fuck off.

>8th anniversary of homestuck
>4+1+3=8

the only thing that will happen are whatpumpkin sales

FUCK YOU

Make her permanently barefoot.

Shit that would actually be pretty cool, Id like to see it. Its the fan made tabletop game right?

It's nice to finally reveal that this whole alt-headcanon thing really is just a deviantart-tier fad.

I can't wait, is it going to be on Tabletop Sim?

ERASE THE GAY

B-but Kanaya is pure, concentrated gay! If you erase it there'll be nothing left!

She was barely even roses gf more like roses cocksleeve.

Truly, a force more destructive than the Green Sun itself. May Skaia have mercy on her kismeses.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

I want to rub that belly.

And I want to rub your head. Rub it onto the side of a moving train.

Nice

That sounds extremely painful.

That's pretty rude, my dude. Is that really necessary?

Do you think she fugged Equius for the arm?

skrub-ttrpg.tumblr.com/post/159312067861/will-skrub-include-the-muse-and-lord-classes I keep a blog for the tumblr side of the fandom. Next Thursday I'll post the whole thing there and on /tg/ and send links

is that a Rose
SFM when

For you.

>a Rose
Better

it's disgusting that this level of quality exists in the fandom and WP can't manage anything more than a glorified flash game made with recycled concept art - with a >$1mil budget.

I can't wait to make a Gmod game mode where you forcibly strip a crying Jade.

Remember Homestrife?

Don't do that to Jade, Jade is sweet.

The tricky thing about fandom is it doesn't work following a budget. But it's also interesting you equate a single non-animated model with a full game.

rip

The person behind that's already made models for the trolls and the kids, and what you see is a part of the second versions of them. They've already done it for the trolls, so it's more than just 1 unfinished model.

and still made for free and much less than a game

So imagine what they could make on a salary with other people.

strawpoll.me/3315133

strawpoll.me/11666127

The comic ended a year ago. Nothing is happening on Autism Day other than possibility of a quiet release of the browser-tier scam game you've all been waiting for. The "epilogue" was Cohen's shit.

The biggest scam of all is that Hussie is being intentionally stringing you along with his vague spooks for traffic gibs. Even tumblr doesn't fall for this shit any more. Prove me wrong.

There are several different full sets of 3D models for the full main cast (Sburb Players, even including dancestors), and several of the more iconic weapons (i've seen pogo and popamatic hammer). They were a fad in Garrysmod/TF2 for a while, before the kickstarter even iirc.

>But it's also interesting you equate a single non-animated model with a full game.
I equate >$1M dollar budget with more than literally a bunch of recycled concept art with barely-animated character sprites overlayed (with literally no attempt at compositing of any kind). And probably lots of terrible [s]-tier half-animated (motion-comic-like) 'cutscenes', likewise based in recycled concept art only now more aggressively and non-interactively translated around the screen.

We're aware of that. Painfully aware. But this is our life, we've accepted that.

I've been reading up on Hiveswap when I started to wonder: Does that Cohen guy have any experience writing for video games? Or any serious writing experience st all. I know he was handpicked because of some "funny" tweet, but would Huss really trust his game to a total rando?

This development cycle has been Andrew's personal hell.

>that news post
>there were people in these threads expecting the game to launch on 4/13

>We Love Fine has begun its traditional 413 promotion. Have at it, folks:

>Not much else set to drop on 4/13 this year. Should be an update on game status. See you then.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

from 'a few more weeks for debugging' to 'probably another update on progress in three months'.

probably going to regret this but anyone mind redpilling on story? I stopped reading right after the Midnight Crew arc and from what I can tell that was a good decision on my part

>retcon
also what's this retcon I keep seeing people mention?

So how about that Hiveswap.

Are you for fucking real? Another fucking year for the epilogue?

She's a big grub.

that newspost is legit btw

Remember when Hussie made statements like that and people knew that he was just joking? I miss those days.

> >$1M dollar budget
You act like it's a lot but a game like Shovel Knight was budgeted at $1.44M and they only could pitch it at a cheaper level because the team accepted to be paid 50% less and even not at all unless sales were good.

I haven't paid attention to HS fandom for like two years. Read the comic to its finished, but didn't interact with the fandom from the said time period.

What the ever loving fuck happened to the fandom since the false ending where the Condesce kills them all?

Essentially Time powers without the need to make a stable loop, resulting in certain events being retconned in story. It's shit, all of it.

It died and went to hell. And you're in it.

See those arms floating around random pages sometimes? Welcome to the most bullshit plot device from the future. A "juju," if you will. Basically it allows John to just show up wherever and whenever at any point in the comic and fuck around as he pleases. It is as stupid as it sounds.

And then after the trolls/Hivebent in Act 5, it just goes all to shit with a bunch of tell and no show, shipping drama, character derailment out the ass; so on and so forth. Also the Scratch causes a universal reset that the main cast travels to with Space powers or something, and then you get younger versions of the guardians to join in on the relationshit. Just, don't even bother reading any further.

THANKS HUSSIE

MORE FUCKING DAVEKAT VS DAVEJADE VS OT3 VS DAVE FUCKS A CACTUS SHITPOSTING

MORE SUICIDE JOHN FICS

MORE ETERNAL SUFFERING, SO HE CAN KEEP MILKING HIS FUCKING FANBASE

Anyone got that Homestuck political compass? I forgot to save it.

The story really can't be summed up in a simple post. If you stopped at the midnight crew act you're missing like at least 18 main characters I think?

As for the retcon, at one point almost everyone died and it was an overwhelming villain victory, at which point John, who had gotten retcon powers, which are basically time travel but without all the limitations of Dave's power and allow to actually modify the main timeline, was directed to return to the past and change a couple of key events.

This resulted in cancelling the well deserved death of a controversial character who then acted as a deus ex machina, as in the new timeline she had successfully prevented the deaths of everyone.

>Start a franchise that deconstructs/ parodies an existing genre
>The most degenerate fanbase of that genre assume they're in good company and seriously think your shit's good
>Continue pushing the parody aspects more and more on the nose, hoping people would get it
>They don't. Franchise becomes lauded by degenerate fanbase as a paragon masterpiece
>Gain an explosive following of exactly the kind of people you wanted to make fun of
>They take your work apart like biblical lore and over-analyze it a thousandfold, all of them taking your shit completely seriously
>Spawn an entire generation of works unironically trying to copy the "success" of your franchise
>No amount of cynicism, sarcasm, or straight up blatant insults deter the fanaticism of the degenerate fanbase your franchise has spawned
>Eventually give up trying to get through to these people and go full pandering, because like it or not this shit generates revenue now
>Finally, as the franchise nears its end, muster up all your pent-up frustrations and give it the most convoluted, neutered non-ending possible as a final fuck-you to your hated fanbase, delivering on nothing that they wanted or expected
>People are still hyped, and will forever be hyped, because in your effort to satirize a certain demographic, you actually ended up creating the perfect product for them to drool over

Is Andrew Hussie the Hideako Anno of Sup Forums?

Anno hasn't become a reclusive hermit so we don't know. Hussie may have drank the koolaid, we just don't know.

>anyone mind redpilling on story?
stop using the phrase 'redpill'. it does not mean 'summarizing', and it does not mean 'becoming a stormfag'. it basically means nothing any more.

>retcon
metanarrative wank where there existed a 'literal plothole' (represented as the Sburb logo punched out of the comic page with transparency) for vague reasons basically amounting to being a newly-introduced Sburb mechanic.

John idly stuck his hand in it which for some reason caused him to start randomly time-travelling, only it was a new type of time travel which ignored all the established rules of 'alpha' vs 'doomed' timelines, essentially amounting to a Retcon Power. John eventually learned to control it enough to stop jumping around randomly, then he and Terezi together used it (John blindly and uncomprehendingly following Terezis vague instructions, crafted with her Seer of Mind powers) to retcon Vriska back to life. so she could singlehandedly solve all of their problems. which she did, complete with 'a plan that works out perfectly becomes a spoiler', and a finale which amounts to 'they fought better'.

it's supposed to be an insult, a slap/spit in the face of the reader. that's the metanarrative wank part. it's supposed to put a triple underline on the works overall core message. only Homestuck is too maximally maximalistic for that to even be clear. something about how Many Worlds fucks identity/ethics? something about determinism and that being trapped in a narrative sucks?

also the retcon-power-granting House Juju doubles as the one true weapon against Lord English, but we never get to see exactly what it actually does (common consensus is it releases older versions of the four main kids to finish their actual big fight with him, which we're told happens some time in the future, but also never get to actually see).

basically it all sounds like could-be-sort-of-cool Weird Plot Shit, but ultimately hinges on just introducing bullshit new Sburb mechanics