Just finished watching this and

Just finished watching this and

Was pretty meh imo, I thnk I even enjoyed JJ more

Very few of the fight scenes very any good. What were they thinking?

I dunno. Never finished. I powered through the first 10 episodes in 2 or 3 days like, a month ago, and never went back for some reason.

>What were they thinking?
That they could repackage another Hand/street vigilante plot and no one would care. Truth be told, they didnt have the budget to tackle Iron Fist and thought this would be a good alternative. It was not. It is perhaps the most phoned in Marvel Netflix show of the bunch, and somehow thought doing half assed fight choreography was acceptable. Hell they couldn't be bothered to throw a mask on Danny or keep characters consistent

>and somehow thought doing half assed fight choreography was acceptable

I have seen better fight choreography on fucking CW tbqh

Wasnt the fights rehearsed just 20 minutes before shooting or something

The problem wasn't "what they were thinking" it was in the execution. Acting, choreography, writing, all were really shoddy. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with the basic ideas the show attempted, just a lack of talent to be able to pull it off.

My implication was what were they thinking releasing the show with such shoddy execution.

Would have at least been better if they just reshot the fights with better choreography or something

Danny
>Fucks off because he saw an eagle
>Wants company back and to be recognized as Danny Rand
>Gets company back
>Doesnt want to run company and essentially putting everyones jobs at risk
Joy
>"You're crazy! I'll mace you you creep!"
>Muh M&M's
>"Just take the money Danny!"
>"We're not your siblings! Fuck you!"
>"But....what about Danny? We care about him!"
>"Fuck Danny! Now Im evil"
Who in the holy hell was writing on this show? Did they EVER look back at what they previously wrote? Everyone belongs in the nut house given how split personality they are

They even managed to ruin Gao

She conveniently never uses her chi powers and gets captured by Danny

>gets captured by Danny
I was under the distinct impression that she was only there because she wanted to be.

She doesn't seem especially bothered at any point, even when Bakuto is holding her.

That doesnt make sense, she has een running the biggest drug operation which was clearly impotant to her cause

Then she lets all that get destroyed and be captured, for what?

Eh, I'm enjoying it, still got 4 or so episodes left to watch but I think it's fine, better than JJ and maybe the second half of Cage.
Joy's a pretty shit character though, probably the worst of the Netflix shows if you don't count Hogarth's weird betrayal arc in JJ.

the fight scenes were pretty poor. I think I saw Danny round house the spider chick and she flew the opposite direction.

wait, old lady Goa? yeah she did, she fucked danny's shit up.

She could have just offed danny before he captured her

Why did karate girl have to raise $ for her dojo when she's backed by the Hand?

who the fuck knows? Remember that scene where Danny discovers Bakuto and his guys are monitoring cell phone traffic, so he smashes his phone in the next scene? But then 5 minutes later everyone is back to using phones again, because I guess they forgot?

Or how the Hand knew that Howard left his penthouse for half an hour that one time, but didn't know anything else he did for the rest of the season? And Howard was able to have cameras installed to spy on anyone he wants despite being confined, but somehow the Hand couldn't do the same to him?

She fucked him up once and never did anything again. How is Gao sweating random hand thugs, or held down by ropes when we have seen her use chi like the force. You'd think she would at least put a fight with Danny instead of stand there like a deer in the headlights.

>Or how the Hand knew that Howard left his penthouse for half an hour that one time, but didn't know anything else he did for the rest of the season?
This annoyed me because he was holding all of his "secret meetings" in the penthouse that they were supposedly monitoring so much that he could never leave.

How did the Hand ninja guy get his hand so greasy to write that much text and a handprint on Howard's window?

They probably fog up the windows first

Yeah it was so stupid that he is discussing betraying the factions of the hand there when he knows they will be monitoring him

They made an Iron Fist show without Luke Cage and it fucking sucked.

In other news: water, wet.

It could have worked if they fucking didnt rush it

at this point i am still willing to let the above slide..

but that cliffhanger.

seriously i thought he would be back for season two..

fully trained and fully paid for.

i have no idea.

Shit, is Iron Fist pretty "meh", too?

I still haven't finished Luke Cage since it was slow and uninteresting as hell.
Haven't even tried watching the one about some random chick that I don't even know who she is

>Haven't even tried watching the one about some random chick that I don't even know who she is

Jessica Jones?

I actually enjoyed it because Killgrave has an interesting powerset

Jessica jones and luke cage were both better. Let that sink in.
They weren't thinking at all. Everything about it felt so cheap and phoned in, the martial arts itself felt like it was maybe the 6th most important thing on a list in making the show, and it shows. Also, stripping away everything that made him interesting in the first place. He's not a character that works using the same atmosphere and setting that the other netflix shows have.

the writing is awful, ward is more interesting than Danny right now. Holy shit, holy shit.

It's generally agreed that Ward and Harold are the best things to have come out of this show right?

It's generally agreed by me, yes

Yes.

Ward had a hard life man.

my sweet sweet boy Ward.

If only because it's the best Marvel's ever been about making morally gray characters.

Ward's an asshole, but you never feel like he's a scenery-munching villain like Zola or Loki. Harold was in the same ship, for the most part...

until the last episode rolls around and he just swan dives off the side. Dunno what I expected, maybe it was inevitable, but I found it rather disappointing because they sort of had a dynamic between Ward and Harold that made you honestly think that because they're such horrible people, they rather deserve each other- and all the consequences that relationship will bring.

But then Harold goes all "Finally free from the corrupting shadow of the Hand so I can be with my family! Time to frame the guy who freed me from them and start selling heroin and de-tox at the same time!" and he's not just an asshole anymore, and you instantly know what's going to happen to him and who's going to do it. Not anti-climactic, but... rather trite way to end the series.

Hey Sup Forums. It's been a long day. How about I treat you to some ice cream?

What bugged me was that I got the idea that Gao was a separate group from Nobu's during Iron Fist, and then she just turned out to be Hand. And then Bakuto was another faction of the Hand?

At this point, I won't be surprised if Stick is working with the Hand. Who the hell was that guy Stick approached back in DD Season 1? I'm doubting we'll find out now!

This show just spelled out to me that the Hand will be a threat past the Defenders, and that depresses me to no end. The Hand aren't interesting enough to warrant so much continual usage. DD Season 2 made them come off as dull, and this show makes them come off as convoluted. So what's the point of seeing these characters fight a threat that we never understand if they are making progress against defeating them? It just feels like a waste of time if they just bring out another guy who fights with a sword and then gets his ass killed.

It was honestly awfully written

How the fuck does Marvel make ninjas fucking boring?

I couldn't stop thinking about 300 in every scene he was.

Stone. An ally.

It took me so long to figure out why his voice was familiar I felt ashamed when I did.

At some point I realized that they had been following the Meachum family saga more than Danny's story.
At that same moment I realized I was okay with it. That was the show's biggest flaw.

FARAMIR!
THAT'S IT!
I spent the whole series trying to remember why he looked so familiar. Fucking Faramir
and "That one dude from 300"

Ward was the real hero.

Ward had the best story arc in the entire season. Easily my favorite character.

It wasn't rushed, they fucking dragged it far too long imo