Criticize this film without being racist

Criticize this film without being racist.

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/wda3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would I? It's perfect nigger-kino.

E;R already did that.

lol yeah except not.

There are some massive plot holes and the whole trading out the brain for the body thing kind of doesn't make any sense if you really think about it. Other than that pretty good. It's basically just the stepford wives though so I dont really see what the big deal is.

>criticize a movie about race without referring to race

This film is racist.

got taken down twice for muh dwacism

Form your own opinion without resorting to your e-celebs

it was boring and you could see everything coming

It's a little too on the nose

Not a bad movie, I liked it, but it could have been more subtle rather than the exposition dump that is the big reveal.

I didn't buy a flatscreen to watch niggers on it. FUCK

it's gay

>movie about how whites think they're intellectually superior, but want black bodies because in that regard they're superior

Peele is a genius, I'll give you that. he integrated the whole "white are racist!" while also throwing in our faces that whites themselves are cucks for nigger bodies.

I liked it, but DAMN! #4 on Rotten Tomatoes? As in like the fourth BEST FILM EVER MADE?! In fact, it's one of the few movies to have a score has high as 99%! Empire ranked it at Number ONE for 2017! I can accept that it's the best COMEDY HORROR movie ever made, I wouldn't agree, but if that's your preference, I totally get it, but one of the best films of all time? It's just The Stepford Wives with black people in it. There's hundreds of black movies out there, I don't see what THIS ONE did that made it so special. I think of it as a movie with some really good funny scenes. I love when the lead is talking to his friend, I love when his friend goes to the office, basically I love all the scenes with the lead's friend! But a large percentage of the film is without him. I don't care much for all the stuff with the haunted family, and the whole part where the lead is in the house realizing what's up, I thought it was flat out dull! I actually find certain portions of this movie to be boring and wish it was cut shorter. To me, lots of the tone and dialogue comes off as pretentious. It just sounds like they're trying SO HARD to make it SO MEANINGFUL and escalate it to a higher art. I've rewatched it several times and I still don't see a whole lot more than just "Black man fights the white men", "The white men corrupts the black men", "The white man dies", "The black man gets caught", etcetera. What is the deeper meaning and why does that deeper meaning beat out so many other films ALL with deep meanings? Many people analyzed the themes, but I don't see how you can't analyze tons of OTHER films the same way and find just as many themes. What about the themes in Avatar?

It's a solid film but I think it's being overrated by critics. I wasn't a huge fan of the reveal

The acting is great though. The family, especially the brother, are majorly creepy

There's some solid racial commentary but it's nothing astounding.

My favorite thing was typing "white people" into twitter after this movie came out. The amount of anti-white racism on Twitter was hilarious

Jordan Peele is a pretty shit director. Not only did he do nothing new, most of his acting filmography is complete shit that just gets worse as it goes on. Get Out is alright but nothing special unless it's the first film you've ever seen. The film's plot is literally The Stepford Wives which William Goldman wrote for the screen. The Stepford Wives honestly looks far superior to Get Out visually and was directed by Bryan Forbes, who was a far better director than Peele could ever hope to be. But really what makes Peele shit is he lacks any subtlety whatsoever. A lot of his shots look like they were done by a film school freshman shouting for attention. Really, he's just a name that liberals and easily impressed plebs that don't know their history lap up. If you actually think anything directed by Jordan Peele is good after seeing anything prior by superior directors, your taste is highly questionable and ought to be checked for early signs of down syndrome.

What the fuck is ER

-Main character was not a good actor
-First half of movie is literally ZZZZZ
-not worth it for transparent girlfriend heel turn
-final act is somewhat interesting, at least theres some action.
6/10

>Main character was not a good actor
Well you're in good luck, cause people are actually trying to push him as an Oscar nominee!

It fell for the psychopath meme so i can't take it seriously. The bullshit scene with girlfriend getting into robot mode wasn't le epic twist, it was a lazy braindead explanation.

>yfw the moral of the film was dont date white women

>hamfisted political commentary
>humor wasn't that good
>thought main actor was crappy
>Alison Williams was pretty good, 10/10 jaw genetics
>I actually liked the brain transplant plot, that was weird and creepy as fuck
>Alison Williams suddenly becoming evil didn't really make sense in the plot, and saying "oh she's just a psychopath" is a fucking lazy way of writing a character
>strangling at the end was really hot

I thought it was ok for a dark comedy, but the political commentary just took me out. And holy shit it does not deserve the 99% approval rating.

Too bad horror movies never get nominated. Far better films than Get Out have been snubbed that way.

Those films didn't have the power of social justice on their side.

THOSE WHYPIPO BE CRAZAAAAAYYYY. THEY BE WHACK YO SUBURBS IS FUCKED UP MAN ONLY THE HOOD IS SAFE MUH NIGGAS

it will be forgotten like most of the unwatchable communist propaganda of the 21st century

>Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)
>The Exorcist
>Jaws
>Aliens
>The Silence of the Lambs

And now goddamn Get Out of all things.
That's really troubling.

To be fair, Get Out is nominated as a Comedy.

Oscars are different though.

I hope it just gets one shitty nomination for writing and nothing else, but the media REALLY wants to push it as a frontrunner.

Nothing really revolutionary, it just felt like peeles version of an early M. Night flick. I got the metaphors in the movie, they were so damn obvious. I still don't get why people pick this movie apart and call it a stroke of genius. Plus the hypnosis shit is stupid and he should've just left when he had the chance.

Too many niggers

The dialogue was heavy handed, and some of the comedy felt a little out of place, but overall the pacing was good and the movie properly presented what the director envisioned.

Yeah, the problem is that the director envisioned a student film. For a student film, it's pretty good.

I liked the friend
simultaneously being oppressed negro and bragging about tsa job
realistic. Plus he was super jive like a real life negro.

Yeah he was the only character who wasn't fucking obnoxious. I just wanted everyone else to die already, including the protag.

My doctor invisions a student surgery

Get a better doc

No white person wants to be black, the premise is retarded

It's just a rip off of The Stepford Wives but with black people instead of women

It could have been so much more antiracist and sharp if the black guy would have been arrested in the end.

No white person wants to be black but all white women want to be blacked

Nah it's cool, just a bunch of dead bodies with this niggers dna all over everything.
Ride off into the sunset

Mommy issues

Apparently that's what was originally planned. I don't know why they changed that, because it's not like the movie had any sublety left.

Ewwwww

The cool knight armor in the trailer wasn’t shown

Oscars are irrelevant. I'm more surprised that the critics rank it so high. And not only American critics. Cahiers du Cinema listed it among their top 2017 movies list. It also won Sight & Sound poll (188 critics from all over the world).

it was shit

best reviewkino

Clearly you've never met a wigger before.

It was meant to be a comedy but the only funny parts were only unintentionally funny.

Emergency Room

It's a body-snatcher film with a "twist" you can see almost from the word "go." Why would I sit through two hours of something I've seen before and can read through like wet tissue paper?

I won't criticize it because it was a good movie. A little horror with a little humor.

Only Armond hated it. For Richard Brody it was the best film of the year. Even some pretentious cunts from artforum who usually watch only films displayed in art galleries listed Get Out in their top 10 lists.

95% of critics care about ensuring the white race is destroyed more than they care about cinema.

If the exact same filmmaking quality seen in Get Out was applied to a plot about how blacks are replacing white people in the west (portrayed as a bad thing) then it would have been one of the worst received films of the year.

This. The funnies parts were when Allison suddenly becomes pure evil and at the end, when Allison sticks her tongue out when she's getting strangled.

dumb weeb

Edgy nitpicker, Sup Forums raider really

>Even some pretentious cunts from artforum who usually watch only films displayed in art galleries listed Get Out in their top 10 lists.
Because Get Out is pretentious itself.

you sound like reddit

Felt like a really good Key and Peele sketch with a massive budget stretched to movie form. Which is what it was.

They like acting the part bc for whatever reason it makes them feel cool, but they def do not want to actually be black. They figure they have the best of both worlds acting black but being white. No one wants to be black that’s why the movie is so dumb

That's nonsense. Like I said, there are critics from all over the world. Including Asia and South America.

It's fucking Freejack without Mick Jagger.

It was boring.

Every single liberal screed about how I HAVE to see the movie (because le epic based black man). Now you (a liberal) tell me to judge it without bringing in race.

>humor wasn't that good
I thought the movie was okay overall, but the fat black guy aside it basically had zero humor
so I have no idea why this was presented as a horror comedy at first, I got a bit mad for misleading me

the director is married to a half white woman retard nigger

The milk drinking scene was borderline racist and didn't feel necessary.

It would be like having a bunch of niggers eating watermelon and fried chicken with their Kool-Aid.

The fat black guy was the best part. That was the humor. He told the guy don't date that crazy bitch and he did.

I wish the kkk would murder all niggers and spicks tomorrow in a big fucking fire

careful with those edges m8
someone might get hurt

that was the joke you autist

Meet The Parents was more realistic and less pretentious.

it's hard to tell lately

Not scary enough

Also served only to deepen the divide between whites and other races

that's because Meet the Parents is a comedy and not anti-white political propaganda

Overrated.

Is this mediocrity seriously what constitutes as a masterpiece these days? Watch real movies you hacks.

The film doesn't hold up if you don't subscribe to the ideological assumptions it relies on. It's an interpretation of the universe that is completely unfounded and will totally crash the movie if you don't align with that perspective. That's the risk you run with satire. The only value satire can hold is to reflect reality, and if your idea of reality is fucking retarded, your movie is a useless ramble.

Its not scary, its racebait.

But it's not satirical. The director was completely serious.

you sound like a shill

vid.me/wda3

The movie is OK. In terms of social/racial commentary, it's not saying anything we haven't heard a hundred times before, but it makes its point effectively in the trappings of an engaging genre film. It was good, I liked it.

The critical/audience reception is ridiculous, though. I saw it in theaters without any real expectations other than "horror movie from the guy from Key & Peele" and enjoyed it, but if you saw it for the first time today it'd be impossible to separate the movie from the hype. The Internet ruins everything now, every time a 7/10 movie comes out critics act like it's the second coming of Christ

>every time a 7/10 movie comes out critics act like it's the second coming of Christ
7/10 + "correct" political agenda and you'll get that reaction. God help you if you are a right wing christian director though.

This.

A weeb faggot.

cringe

That fucking garbage ending.

> trading out the brain for the body thing kind of doesn't make any sense if you really think about it.

Jesus Christ why do I keep coming here

Elliot Rodger

It tried to show how White people are racist, but in the end it ends up coming off as a black man undergoing psychosis from his own poor upbringing and then niggering out becoming a stereotypical nigger thus ruining it's main theme.

Also the characters are so exaggerated they don't seem real at all and are obvious fantasy characters with the Main character being such a tool it's impossible to be attached to him unless you are who this movie is aimed at being subconsciously racist individual which sad!