I just saw the disaster artist. Ask me anything

I just saw the disaster artist. Ask me anything.

was it good

Why did you want to watch a James Franco movie?

How does it compare to Neon Genesis Evangelion

>Supporting James Franco
baka desu senpai

reddit is better for this sort of thing

It was only okay if you've read the book. Otherwise it was pretty great.

Because it's an adaptation of one of my favorite books

It's not very comparable at all. Different subject matters and different styles.

How big was the last cock you sucked?

I have never sucked a dick, that i'm aware of anyway.

I liked Faulkner but I would never watch one of his movies.

OK.

You mean an adaptation of one of Faulkner's movies? Because the writers of the disaster artist didn't write the movie.

It was alright. They embellished a lot of details that were different in the book, which is a more reliable source of truth in my opinion. Also, Dave Franco was a complete miscast for Sestero.

Is it worth checking out if you've read the book?

The character playing Greg in the movie was nothing like his character in the movie, so it's hard to say if dave was actually bad or not.

I've seen only the trailer and Franco looks like better more weird version of Tommy.
What did you think of his performance ?

I don't understand what you mean.

Every character feels underdeveloped, important character defining scenes are left out, so you probably leave feeling disappointing. If you can pretend you don't know anything about the book then it's not a bad movie.

how could someone unknowingly suck a dick?

I meant to say Greg's character in the movie was completely different than his character in the book.

James was pretty good. His accent is at its best in his scene opposite Tommy.

I might have some repressed childhood memories, you never know.

When the fuck is it coming out in theatres man, I'd pay good money to see it. First movie in years I can say that confidently about.

I heard that they're rolling back some of the release dates, and will be re-releasing it in january for the oscar buzz.

Regardless of his performance, Dave Franco doesn't even bear a passing resemblance to Sestero. I can't imagine how he could have gotten the role without being James' brother.

>I can't imagine how he could have gotten the role without being James' brother.

Oh that's for sure.

cinematic masturbation

give the guy some credit he does sorta look like sestero

Movie was okay but only as a weird fanwank on top of The Room and the book.

The only really above average standout part of it was that James Franco was indistinguishable from Tommy Wiseau when he had the sunglasses on.

why did they cast a 5'7 manlet like dave franco as greg sestero who is 6'1

I really don't see it.

They could have at least given him some platform shoes or something, the dude is literally half a foot shorter.

jesus what happened to Gregs face

I read in an interview from Dave Franco that he doesn't believe that Greg always knew the room was going to be bad. I guess that's why they portrayed him as enthusiastic about the movie as they did. But that's ridiculous, as everyone who got their hands on the script knew immediately how bad it was. The original script isn't even what ended up in the movie, it was so bad Sandy had to rewrite much of the lines.

>another Sandy supporter

Is it controversial that sandy rewrote lines?

He does not.

He's old now.

no

It's controversial to Tommy that Sandy claims directorial credit iirc