L.E.G.I.O.N. '89 Storytime

Good evening Sup Forums! I bring you the story of the universe's second most manipulative bastard and his (soon to be) mercenary company, complete with a pinch of 80s edge.

Cool

This is a good book

(also next time OP post the cover from a different IP like through your phone's data and then storytime from your computer, allows you to self-bump)

Thanks for the tip!

What do I need to know about Legion before reading this?
Also bump

Wait, what? Hold the fuck up now. Since when was there anyone who gave a shit about the Licensed Extra-Governmental Interstellar Operatives Network on this board? I went to go do something for 30 minutes and Sup Forums gets a sudden injection of taste?

Y'all better take full advantage and actually read this book.

Sorry, forgot the actual content. This is L.E.G.I.O.N.'s first appearance outside of being a subplot in the Invasion event so you should be fine going in blind.

There are dozens of us!

So, I'm not the only one who reads Vril as Crispin Freeman, right?

This whole run is on my "to read" list.

End of issue one, 69 to go.

Goodluck.

Ah, yeah, I'm probably not going to do all of them in one go...

No Problem.

Nothing, really. L.E.G.I.O.N is a spiritual prequel/spinoff of sorts. It's mostly disconnected from the main Legion books aside from featuring many of the familiar elements.

Hoot hoot?

I want a L.E.G.I.O.N. revival more than a Legion revival TBQH.

I thought they would have at least hint at their existence while the GLC was gone and Sinestro was playing good cop, but apparently not.

Lyrissa is best girl.

Ha! Don't be silly! Vril Dox is the best girl. And the best boy. The best everything, really!

I want both.

A thoroughly wasted opportunity. That's frequently been a running theme in L.E.G.I.O.N, that the GLs kinda suck, and how fucked it is that the bloodsucking mercenary often does a better job of protecting the galaxy.

But then, it's probably for the best, considering Vendetti and all.

Indeed, but apparently we needed more colour fighting.

End of issue two

The hand in machine stunt has also been done by his great grandson, in case anyone was wondering

I'm not well versed on the GLs but I've never seen them get the kind of detail work L.E.G.I.O.N. gets, and even L.E.G.I.O.N. skips over a lot.

Remember when the Telos mini had a bunch of these characters in solicits but I didn't read it because I'm not a complete dumbass?

Remember when DC actually thought that a fucking Telos mini by the wrong King would be a good idea to shill cosmic characters?

;_;

Telos was such a joke. I read it because I enjoy suffering or something and the Stealth wasn't this Stealth and the Brainiac 2 chick was a cardboard copy of Vril, except she was secretly a 12th level intellect and not a 10th.

I deeply enjoy Vril being the retard Braniac.

Main Man time!

More like Paul Scofield desu.

You know Bisley Lobo is the iconic Lobo to me so it's weird when I see him here or in JLI. He looks oddly feminine because I'm used to him being so exaggeratedly masculine.

End of issue three!

Bump

Thank you mate

It is kinda surreal to see him as a relatively normal looking dude. You could mistake this take for an enthusiastic goth metal fan.