If you don't agree with a celebrity on politics when they're really outspoken about it, do you still like them?

If you don't agree with a celebrity on politics when they're really outspoken about it, do you still like them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bTYidWBC8-4
youtube.com/watch?v=IAcOsK9gRLk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hates the mouse
>a libshit

he is, at least, a CIS gendered white male, so in that regards he is better than Milo

depends on their reasons, depends on why i like them.

No, I fucking hate him

Why?

It depends. I don't mind someone being on the left, but when they're a transparently hypocritical cunt about their politics, then fuck them.

depends on what side of history theyre on

I still like james woods even though his political opinions are quite different than mine.

My degree of 'like' towards a celebrity stems entirely from me enjoying their work. Liking them outside that venue is nice, but not necessary. I like Eminem, for example, even if I find his whining against Trump to be a stupid focus for his next album. I think Kevin Spacey is a great actor, even if his liberal views on pedophilia and buttfucking don't gel with mine.

If they're not acting on a screen I pay zero attention to any thing any of them have to say regardless of their political affiliation, and the same goes with sports, and it's the only way I've been able to still watch and enjoy these things. These dancing monkeys are paid to entertain me, and that's where it ends.When you bring politics and personal opinions into places where it doesn't belong it ruins most things eventually.

I don't know Mark Hamill so I can't say what he's like as a person, but I know he hates Trump which I can ignore for the most part. He seems like a cool guy.

>I pay zero attention to any thing any of them have to say regardless of their political affiliation
i agree with this in general. but if they've made something i've not just enjoyed but taken personally into my life, it's a different story. I have to at least understand and recognise why they believe what they believe, i'm an open minded person but child rapists, and drunk drivers are my hard line.

It really depends for me. If they're genuinely good people and good actors then I don't care, for example Sup Forums's and my own favorite boy Ryan Gosling did a lot of charity work for PETA, which is an organization that I disagree with a lot, but I know his heart is in the right place because he loves animals and he's not infusing every interview or role with meat is murder or anything like that. On the other hand you've got RDJ and the other cunts who did that "make the right choice" commercial telling people to vote for Hillary because they're famous and they know what's best for you. It's clear that they were either paid to do that or they did it out of self righteousness, so stuff like that I can't ignore and those actors are all dead to me because they sold out to become pseudo intellectual wanna be political analysts.

>I fell for the memes

only if it affects their performance or other business decisions

tim heidecker for instance can fuck himself because he helped take World Peace off the air and his Colbert esque goofiness became tiring

I don't really care about celebrity's politics.

I have no reason to value their input over the random hobo just because they're famous.

I tend to hope their worst nightmare comes tru desu

it depends. if i can understand their position on something then i don't really care. but i don't like people who are unreasonable.

I think there are more people on Sup Forums right now who would find it harder to consolidate their appreciation of an artist if there were differences of political opinion more-so than if the artist was a child rapist of a political opinion or party and had been convicted of child rape than if they were on the opposite side of the political spectrum and had been shown to have raped children than if there was a political opinion that they had held that was the opposite point of view of someone who had raped a child and would be considered to be more likeable or agreeable than someone who followed a certain candidate or endorsed a certain politician would be easier to view as someone who you can outwardly like than a person who raped children and had admitted to doing so via social media

>If they're genuinely good people and good actors then I don't care
>telling people to vote for Hillary because they're famous and they know what's best for you. It's clear that they were either paid to do that or they did it out of self righteousness
whatever man

sorry?

No, regardless of their political beliefs its pretty much "say what I fucking tell you to say or die." Not trying to go full Sup Forums, but I have my doubts that anyone not following orders would do this

youtube.com/watch?v=bTYidWBC8-4

I definitely think celebrities are pretty based when they say something against the grain (whether or not I am of the same opinion) since they are actually putting their jobs on the line. But when some cunt says "REPEAT AFTER ME TRUMP IS BAD," all they're doing in 99% of cases are making sure they still have work.

There are child rapists on Sup Forums right now who would be more inclined to follow someone of a certain political opinion and would be more accepted than people who held a certain political opinion and were not child rapists and would be seen to be less popular than people who had admitted publicly to going out and raping children but despite the fact they held certain political views and expressed these political views in a way that was seen to agree with these people and had raped a child would not matter to the people who had a political idea that is separate to what is held by other people who had raped a child and admitted to it but still held these political views would be considered to be more popular or at least easier to like than someone who had a political disposition but had not raped a child than someone who had been proved to have gone a raped children and then released a statement to the world confirming that hey were a child rapist but would be as popular if not more so than someone who had raped children and held political views more than someone who had stood behind a political party they disagreed with even if they hadn't raped a child

Okay.

I like how modern politics it's made around baseless accusations instead of economical or cultural discussions.

Nice post fact society internet.

I'm sorry, I don't follow. If you want to contribute to these threads your comment must be in the form of a long, rambling sentence.

This is me too. Ill enjoy an actors work, particularly any astounding or memorable performances btu I usually dont care about what they do outside of acting. If they have done something awful IRL it does affect how I view them when watching them in a movie though only a small bit.

>politics it's made around baseless accusations instead of economical or cultural discussions.
FTFY

I can’t tell if this is Doug Benson, or Mark Hamill.

Give me the rundown, Sup Forums

I won't watch their movies unless I'm renting it. Why would I give money to someone who I disagree with politically? You've gotta vote with your wallet.

Hamill

Michael Shannon is a shitlib but I still enjoy him.

If they can act I don't give a shit. Disney Cuck Wars on the other hand is more political than it's ever been before. Le girl power diversity and all that shit can get fucked.

has anyone tried to convince luke on twitter that he's wrong about trump?

it's not hard to dismantle all the lies the media has spun about him

If a celebrity is really outspoken about politics of any kind I'd rather ignore it, or else I end up despising them, even if I agree with what they're saying

What? Sauce
You could try, but he doesn't really respond to people on twitter. He just mindlessly hates on trump, then shoves Carrie Fisher somewhere in there for brownie points.

I sort of don't understand why some people feel the need to agree with someone on a personal level in order to enjoy their work. How many masterpiece paintings are considered classics but were painted by pedophiles? The answer is: no one fucking cares because the artists weren't on Twitter.

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=IAcOsK9gRLk

It depends.

Most correct opinion. I know everyone's different, but this is the best practice to put into place.

Celebrities are usually pretty out of touch and sort of isolated by nature.They spend most of their lives pretending to be someone else, playing the game of show business, or going on vacation. It's not reasonable to expect a celebrity's opinion to hold more weight than just the average person's.

I lose respect for any actor who’s very outspoken about their political opinion, regardless if I share the same opinion.

Oh boo hoo, I don't enjoy a bunch of junkies and alcoholics selfishly forcing their politics onto me fucking sue me faggot

you said it, not me.

Do you have brain damage user? I'm not memeing, I'm genuinely concerned about your mental health because of how incoherent your posting is.

I really like most projects Mel Gibson has been a part of, despite his raging almost unforgivably crass anti-semitism and abusive alcoholism. Same goes for prog faggots, I'll still watch their trash even if they want to liquidate me for being male

i dunno. i like people, whatever.

I would, but I keep getting banned from twitter

I wouldn't even know their views if it weren't for this shitty board constantly posting twitter screencaps

Alright, here's your last (you) for the night. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

No. Probably half the bands on my itunes have been deleted for this reason. A war is coming gentlemen, fraternizing with the enemy will make you weak and exploitable.

What's it like being a soyboy?

No as long as they keep their political views separate from the content that's put out. When they don't you get crap like Late Show or current MDE.

>people are actually going to read and comprehend this wall of text

No, I just think they're dumb. They're FUCKING DUMB!

Trump supporters are super sensitive

I love Mark Hamill regardless of his politics. He's just too qt.

>ywn be as butt hurt as TYT were on election night.
Feels good man

Learn how to sentence

I don't go on twitter so I don't get into that bullshit. What I've seen of Mark from documentaries, interviews, comic con and Star Wars celebration I really life. Funny, genuine guy.

haha ya man unlike us enlightened leftists

i see you Sup Forums

That was a comfy night

no

politics is more important than any entertainment possibly could be and your political position is the result of your character

Or intellect. A lot of liberals are well-meaning people who have just been force-fed Jewish propaganda and brainwashed

Go back

Depends on how much of an asshole they are about it and whether they spend more time discussing politics than their actual line of work.

your "intellect" is part of your character

They want to scream at Trump on their twitter, fine whatever. They want to take up precious camera time being a loud-mouthed holier-than-thou cunt, then they can fuck off.

depends on the reasons and how much of an asshole they are about it.