Can't speak Spanish well at all

>can't speak Spanish well at all
>is a Spanish teacher

How allowed this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7cmWlZXSH44
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i believe you mean: ¿Cómo permitió esto? Además, las escuelas públicas de Texas y ella es sólo un sustituto de todos modos

Texan education.

forgot to ask: is google translate's spanish better or worse than Peggy's?

>substitute teacher
Standards for teachers are already low but standards for subs are basically you just show up and you have the job.

She is not a Spanish teacher, she is a substitute teacher

I once taught Calc and didn't know Calculus

This.
Also, she isn't a substitute Spanish teacher. She's a substitute teacher that wants to teach Spanish.
There are no specialties for subs.

I thought she was a substitute teacher? And for elementary and high school a teacher would only need to know the basics anyway

Remember that time she accidentally smuggled a bean back over the border? She knows even less than the basics. youtube.com/watch?v=7cmWlZXSH44
That being said Peggy is still one of the best female characters out there because they don't treat her like she's a genius, they all know she's an idiot and treat her nicely because they feel bad.

I wouldn't say one of the best, but underrated maybe. Unlike the moms from other sitcoms they actually make her a nuanced character instead of perfect.

As long as you understand we didn't come from no damn monkeys you get the job.

Do they just pull people off the streets for subs?

Some of the most bonker people I've met have been substitute teachers. Of all people too, ones to put in the care of kids.

por faver

Mi Tio es infermo, pero la carretere es verde!

They really pretty much do, in my school there were kids that graduated and came back the next year as a sub because they needed the money. This was in Florida about 6 years ago.

This is true. Spanish teachers are 10 times better in areas like California and the southern part of texas.

She's a sub all she has to do is read from a book and spew it over to the turds. That said she doesn't really do that.

The only requirements for being a substitute is that you've graduated High School or gotten a GED, I suppose, and that you're not a convicted Sex Offender.

Peggy is an oblivious idiot that thinks she is smart.

She knows how to follow a lesson plan I guess.

She lives in a small town full of white people.

The fact they have more than 1 teacher that can speak spanish is astounding.

Texas education doesn't care as long as you don't contradict the Bible.

I know in Florida you just need a college degree - not a degree in teaching mind you - just A degree. A friend of mine does sub work there and nine times out of ten he just puts on a video and collects his money for showing up.

Better.

With Google translate you can get the gist of what's being said, and using logic you can fix the grammar mistakes in your head as you read.

Peggy's Spanish was so bad a judge let her go after hearing her speak for a few minutes, since he learned she didn't understand a single thing she was saying.

Actual teacher fag here.
This used to be the case, though since I was a kid it has gone through many changes (likely as a response to the shooting problems)
States vary, I'm from Missouri. It used to be you just needed an Associates in anything, then a Bachelors in anything. It might still be that, but I think it might even be you need a teaching degree of some sort now. College students majoring in education can get sub certificates after they complete 90 credit hours I believe, that's when I got my sub certificate at least. (They were mandatory for student teaching)

Nowadays you can't even so much as look at a school without having an extensive background check and up to date fingerprints on record.
So getting a sub certificate in todays US is often far more fucking work than it's worth imo.

That's the fucking joke!

Republican states normal rank much lower than democrat states when it comes to education.

But mexico is right there. There should be no shortage of spanish speakers. In fact Texas should have the best spanish language teachers.

>Is a spanish teacher

Substitute teacher, you mean. Her job is literally nothing more than to make sure the kids don't kill each other when the actual teacher is away

That's the joke

Why are Americans so fucking stupid?

Lack of European internalized inadequacy

Because they don't need to be especially smart if they can import the eastern asians fleeing their soul-crushing work culture. And in China's case, the smog.

Intellectualism is considered elitist and out-of-touch at best and completely un-American at worst.

This. You get shot just for saying that thunder isn't just angels clapping over here.

The school system is awful in America.
Like I have a friend who's a teacher one of the classes he was assigned to was a shop class and he had no knowledge of how to run a shop class. Though he said he learned a few things online but a lot of kids don't take shop so he didn't have many students.

California would like to have a word with you both

Public school systems are bad

the idea that "nobody should be left behind" was equated to "if you have a retard in the class, everybody will be lowered at its level".

I'm from Missouri, It's not? That's what we're taught in school.

This
I had math teacher who barely spoke english for 3 months until they got a new one because the first teacher got pregnant

Holy shit nigga, I'm not from America. You're joking right? After this thread I don't know anymore.

Another actual teacher here. In Australia you have to be a fully trained and registered teacher to get work as a sub. You can end up covering any class. My first work out of uni was subbing for a computer science class. Pay's pretty nice, almost $400 per day if you've got experience. Regardless of how many classes you cover you get paid for the full day.

>many people honestly believe that moon glows on its own

Many people believe that the sun and the moon are the same thing.

Many people believe the earth is flat.