How do you fuck up such a great adventure story so badly?

How do you fuck up such a great adventure story so badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IrOqnZdvI6M
goldfishblues.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/the-hobbit-the-bilbo-edition-2-0-extended-edition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

3 movies.

They didnt. Youre just an absolute pleb.

fuck you guys, I enjoyed it. not the parts that were added on, but what was in the books got it right. Is it goofy? yeah. but this book was made for kids, you have to remember that. Also the casting was fantastic and so was the soundtrack. every sunday when I'm home, my dad and I watch one of these or one of the extended lotrs together. I really don't see a dip in quality from lotr to this. for me it goes lotr2>lotr1>lotr3>h1>h3>h2, but all are still great

They're going to make the Hobbit book into a three season TV series after Amazon takes over

2 is stretching it
3 is jewing it

By bringing in a director who didn't even want to make the movies and only giving him a few months of preproduction.

Lack of passion and corporate greedy.

>Desolation is largely uninteresting and stupid
>FINALLY Smaug
>they cut off his awesome boast but have the time for a 20 minute long whacky minecart level
>"if you want to see the last ten minutes of Smaug's life you must watch the next movie :^)"

I will never forgive them for this

filler

By not putting enough shots of Galadriel's beautiful bare feet.

>but this book was made for kids
LOTR had goofy stuff and singing in it too. PJ cut some stuff like that and Tom Bombadil and make a masterpiece.

>lotr2>lotr

how can someone be this wrong

What all of you likely forget is that it was a shitty story for children to start with.

i went to the first movie and was mad and upset when i realized they were going to stretch it out to multiple movies

battle of helms deep is the best part of the trilogy

that's Moria though

youtube.com/watch?v=IrOqnZdvI6M

>showing nu fantasy during capeshit era

I loved "An Unexpected Journey", but the series goes to shit soon afterword.

it's a 300 page book
2 movies could have covered the entire thing

>adding new characters,
>everything to do with legolass
>everything to do with the laketown arc
>OC romantic subplot

that said, i think bilbo and thranduil were very well cast

By adding an unnecesary love triangle, stretching it as long as you can, adding characters that were not mentioned in the book but were necessary to attract LOTR fans, CGI everything, an army of copy-pasted soldiers, not making the main characters interesting and giving screentime to the background characters that nobody cared about (Alfrid)...

The first two movies were decent but the third was terrible and you know it, dude.

BATS bred for WUORR

>LoTR: New Line Cinema
>The Hobbit: WB

Gee I wonder why? Ever heard of the DCEU?

No arkenstone/silmaril comfy ending with Thorin

Loved the three movies. That being said, I think Warner gets off in cutting and rushing movies out

You take a single paragraph near the end of the book and make an entire movie around it (Five Armies). It was destined to be complete shit.

all three were trash and 3 in particular is the closest me and my friends have ever been to walking out on a movie

and yet they still got my money

Basically 0 preptime. I genuinely feel that a story like this could be adapted into 3 parts and done well. It's just that Jackson got fucked out of preparing by the shithead studio that wanted another le trilogy.

Overral 1 is still solid. It's a comfy little childlike adventure, they sing, they fight goofy monsters, they go through daring fantastic escapes, it's great.
It's around 2 that shit hits the screen.
3 is such a clusterfuck it's not even funny. Adapting the entire battle of the five armies was a mistake.

Oh come on the destruction of laketown was fucking awesome. Seeing smaug in theaters was too. But yes it shouldnt have been 3 movies.

3 is shitty in comparison to lotr but its far better than most hollywood dogshit.

1. No it's not
2. That's an incredibly low bar
3. LOTR trilogy isn't that good

goldfishblues.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/the-hobbit-the-bilbo-edition-2-0-extended-edition/

*saves your middle earth kino*

No you just have incredibly shit taste. You should feel emberassed, but you dont because youre also a complete dumbass. Youre almost certainly a nigger or at least non white eh?

Warner Bros spent too much time dicking Del Taco around, and Hackson didn't have enough time to pick up the pieces. Honestly, if Del Toro got his two movies, they would have been shit, but would have been praised on here, and if Jackson had his prep time, we would have had two presentable 7/10 movies.

serious question.

What is the best edit?

It was made for children as all fantasy books are for children and manchild idiots.

with CGI, lots of CGI, and don't get me started on the excessive makeup they had to apply on everyone's face because of 3D filming, that's why everybody looked yellow in their faces.

>every sunday when I'm home, my dad and I watch one of these or one of the extended lotrs together.
literal autism?

Say what you think is good

That was baiiiiiiiit

The Maple films edit is the best Hobbit edit and fixes everything that was wrong with the trilogy!

Excessive greed

I enjoy spending time with my family. I also am apart of a club at my college that watches a clone wars episode every tuesday

You must not have actually read the book.

The movie would be boring and empty as fuck if it would have carbon copied the book.

It's more like a dozen paragraphs

Greed. The fan edit that cuts out the crap and makes it a movie of the book is really good, but of course one movie won't make as much (((money))) as three.

Too much Jackson(tm) OC donut steel

You make LotR first, that's how.

How come your college doesn't teach you how to spell?