$9.99 Amazing Spider-Man #25 tops charts

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

(No, seriously: this shit is literally hurting the industry in a "killing the goose that laid the golden egg" way).

Floppies:
1 Amazing Spider-Man #25 9.99
2 Dark Knight III: The Master Race #8 $5.99
3 Batman #18 $2.99
4 Batman #19 $2.99
5 Iron Fist #1 $3.99
6 X-Men Prime #1 $4.99
7 Star Wars #29 $3.99
8 All-Star Batman #8 $4.99
9 The Walking Dead #165 $2.99
10 Justice League #16 $2.99

Trades:
1 Saga Vol. 7 14.99 Image
2 The Walking Dead Vol. 27: The Whisperer War $14.99 Image
3 Harley Quinn Vol. 1: Die Laughing $16.99 DC
4 Suicide Squad Vol. 1: The Black Vault $16.99 DC
5 Death of X $17.99 Marvel
6 Titans Vol. 1: The Return of Wally West $16.99 DC
7 Wolverine: Old Man Logan $29.99 Marvel
8 Deathstroke Vol. 1: The Professional $16.99 DC
9 Batgirl Vol. 1: Beyond Burnside $16.99 DC
10 Deadly Class Vol. 5: Carousel

Shipping bits and bobs:
Publisher..| Comics | Graphic Novels | Magazines | Total shipped
Marvel.....| 92 | 39 | 0 | 131
DC.........| 92 | 31 | 0 | 123
Image......| 61 | 16 | 2 | 79
IDW........| 60 | 19 | 0 | 79
Dark Horse.| 25 | 14 | 0 | 39
Titan......| 24 | 06 | 5 | 35

The Filthy Lucre ( $$$ | units shipped ):
Marvel 35.41% 34.34%
DC 28.75% 35.46%
Image 10.71% 10.02%
IDW 5.68% 4.72%
Dark Horse 3.48% 3.09%

Sauce:
blog.comichron.com/2017/04/some-improvement-in-march-2017-comics.html

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/01/27/marvel-will-help-amazing-spider-man-25-top-dollar-chart-march/
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/07/brian-hibbs-tells-new-york-times-marvels-sales-slumped-not-diversity/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People put there pay 80 dollar games and thousand dollar drugs.

Cheap ass comic book fans.

>Cheap ass comic book fans.
They've managed to kill a lot of the popularity of Deadpool by repeatedly shipping $9.99 oversized issues ( and having a dozen minis and spin-offs ); and they're already shipping the same number of units ad DC while selling less of them by a fair whack. This isn't sustainable.

bump

>5 Iron Fist #1 $3.99
Based.

SJW have no power over cape hype.

Maybe because that $80 game can't be finished in 20 minutes? Maybe because the thousands of dollars of drugs will give you a buzz that lasts longer than that?

Of course a $10 comic will top the charts.

I wish he and Avi would die already

user, wait a few months for the drop-off. Synergy always leads to a short term increase.

If comics were half good as drugs they wouldn't need shitty events to sell them. Especially Marvel comics.

>#1 based on a recent TV show/movie makes the top 10
Shocking!

>user, wait a few months for the drop-off. Synergy always leads to a short term increase.
I know. I'm not expecting IF to become a house franchise after a mediocre TV show, but the fact it's up there right now means people are watching and liking it despite the stupid racial controversy, and that feels me with joy.

Exactly my point.

>a shitty overmarketed Marvel book, some Marvel #1s, The Walking Dead, and a boatload of Batman books
Yup, that's a top ten list alright

>6 X-Men Prime #1 $4.99
Shithumans BTFO yet again.

>People obviously like Iron Fist because comic store owners can't into math and over-ordered it like they over-order literally everything.

Someone is this guy in every sales thread.

I admit I don't know enough about the quirks of comic book sales. But the matter of fact is that the comic it's up there despite the show being shat on so much and so loudly.

It's not really about viewers. The final ordering date for preorders was long before before the Netflix show went live and there were several variants. LCSes do add a few thousand just in case normies come by but you're reading too much into this as if people went into shops and made the number high. That's not how it works.

To add, it even seems like that ordering date was even before the review embargo lifted. Feb 27 for the orders while embargos were lifted March 8 as far as I can tell?

Comic store owners ordered this latest Iron Fist #1 around three or four months ago. The show debuted around a month ago lol.

Like I said, someone does this in every sales thread. What happens after this is that the comic store owners are expect to sell 40-60 percent of what they sell of issue #1, so Iron Fist #2 will be at around 55th-60th place on the charts.

By issue 6, we find out that it was actually a mini the whole time, if you understand what that means.

At this point, just about every non-X-Men, non-Star Wars Marvel book is doing this song and dance.

Can't wait to see the sales of Avengers when the full chart releases. Whatever issue it's on, when Iron Fist is at that same issue number, it will have way less. And Avengers is doing really bad itself, btw.

As a sodium-covered X-fag, I love it.

Fuck the MCU meme and all of the over-ordered MCU comics.

>1 Amazing Spider-Man #25
>5 Iron Fist #1
>6 X-Men Prime #1
How far will they fall next issue?

>Comic store owners ordered this latest Iron Fist #1 around three or four months ago.

It's not that long anymore. They changed it to 3 weeks before the release. Obviously still way before the TV show came out though.

I predict a slight bounce for ASM, maybe only drops back down to around 70k.

40k for the X-fags, 30k for Iron Fist.

Those drinking glasses look like shit.

X-Men Prime #1
>How far will they fall next issue?
Prime was a one-shot, senpai. It's a "setting up the pieces and previewing the
new stuff" issue (think Rebirth Lite) along side Inhumans Prime that kicks off Resser(X)ion:

MARCH 2017
Inhumans Prime (One-Shot)
X-Men Prime (One-Shot)

APRIL 2017
Royals 001
Weapon X Vol 3 001
X-Men Blue 001
X-Men Gold 001

MAY 2017
Black Bolt 001
Cable Vol 3 001
Generation X Vol 2 001
Jean Grey 001
Secret Warriors Vol 2 001

JUNE 2017
Iceman Vol 3 001

JULY 2017
Astonishing X-Men Vol 4 001

At least the had the sense to stagger the releases.

>Amazing Spider-Man #25

Was this an overship from Marvel kind of deal?

>Was this an overship from Marvel kind of deal?
Doubtful: it's an oversized issue that would cost them considerably more than over-shipping normal floppies would. They did their usual sales push with "the start of a new direction" and Immonen coming on as regular artist and the inevitable series of tiered variant covers ect ect.

bleedingcool.com/2017/01/27/marvel-will-help-amazing-spider-man-25-top-dollar-chart-march/

if it makes you feel better, I don't buy marvel shit

>As a sodium-covered X-fag, I love it.
I'm an x-fag too, but I really hate that marvel uses the x-men to save their sorry asses. Again.
and in gratitude to the x-fags dumb enough to buy the books, they will shove down the throat inhumans even more

Iron Fist being at the top is unusual because Iron Fist usually isn't that high a seller.

The show was out March 17 while the comic was out March 22. When is the order cutoff date for retailers? Cause that seems like way too short a time to adjust orders.

There's also one other thing none of you considered, what if Iron Fist #1 is being included in a subscription box like Funko's Marvel Collector Corps? We've seen in the past that it does affect sales (look at the sales on Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme #1, which had a Funko variant in their October 2016 box, and compare it with sales on #2, which didn't get included in a box)

10/16 Dr Strange Sorcerers Supreme #1 - 149,710
11/16 Dr Strange Sorcerers Supreme #2 - 29,349 (-80.4%)

bleedingcool.com/2017/04/07/brian-hibbs-tells-new-york-times-marvels-sales-slumped-not-diversity/

While talking about Brian Hibbs' thoughts about why Marvel's sales slumped, Rich also says:

>And I am aware that Marvel Studios has a thing for making Disney HQ aware of negative headlines regarding the comics side.

Does that mean Feige is trying to take over the comic side and wrestle control from Perlmutter?

Amazing Spider-Man deserves the top spot. It's good.

>Spider-Man deserves the top spot. It's good.
Slott, you're drunk. Go home.

I haven't even read it! I just said that to get a reaction! I'm like The Joker, The Prankster, or The Trickster! I live to create chaos! Hahahaha!

4 comics over $4 in the top 10
We get the shit we ask for

Mom's gonna freak!

>ITT: I have no idea how orders are processed and made and I just assume that the numbers here is the numbers that people actually buy

How gullible are you

>The show was out March 17 while the comic was out March 22. When is the order cutoff date for retailers? Cause that seems like way too short a time to adjust orders.
This is correct, the FOC is two weeks prior.

> what if Iron Fist #1 is being included in a subscription box like Funko's Marvel Collector Corps?
Also correct.

>Does that mean Feige is trying to take over the comic side and wrestle control from Perlmutter?

Hopefully.

>a few months

Nigga wait one month. This will collapse just like everything else

>2 Batman
>3 Batman
>4 Batman
>8 Batman
>10 Justice League (featuring Batman)

>classics always sell
Disgusting, innit?

>Shipping bits and bobs:
>Publisher..| Comics | Graphic Novels | Magazines | Total shipped
>Marvel.....| 92 | 39 | 0 | 131
>DC.........| 92 | 31 | 0 | 123

>The Filthy Lucre ( $$$ | units shipped ):
>Marvel 35.41% 34.34%
>DC 28.75% 35.46%
Boy DC just can't stop being BTFO

Overshipping, dude. It works.

Just make Batman cost 1,000 dollars a pop and DC will WRECK Marvel!

I'm first but was archived because of idiots and faggots. Try your formatting harder next time OP.