Why did Johnny laugh at the Guerrero street story that Mark told him?

Why did Johnny laugh at the Guerrero street story that Mark told him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xOQ5hqtr6o8?t=1h9m45s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Laughing is how some people cope

Johnny is very sensitive

Oh, that Mark, what a rascal with his wacky tales!

It's implied that Johnny, for being such a kind man, could not grasp that a person would really beat up his cheating girlfriend.
Johnny thought the story was ridiculous and unvelievable and that he would never do such thing himself.

He laughed because he is so kind he can never imagine such a story to be true.

Johnny doesn't know how cruel the real world is, he lives in a dream world where everything is perfect, a world where you give roses to your girlfriend and get married.

Also, there is nothing wrong with this movie.
it's just really arthouse and not straight forward.

Their apartment was at the Guerrero street. It was an ad lib from Greg to get some reaction from Tommy. He laughed at first but apparently was pissed after the cut.

It's the same as when you laugh whenever you hear someone died
It's subconsious outburst of momentary nervousness

>Johnny doesn't know how cruel the real world is, he lives in a dream world where everything is perfect, a world where you give roses to your girlfriend and get married.

THIS

>ad lib
Dude Mark put that bitch in the hospital

I know the room is weird but it's a good story about a troubled relationship.

That actually makes a bit of sense. Could Tommy have planned that?

kek

This is the best interpretation I have ever read about this scene.

They're all cunts
Wiseau knew this

I don't know but it's the only thing that makes sense.

To me, the character Tommy is like a dreamer, a romantic person who grew up understanding love through Disney Romance movies.

He doesn't know the cruel world, and he can not understand how Lisa could be so cruel to him, that's why he killed himself.
He could not process that the world was so cruel and his dreamworld was a lie.

He was redpilled on the woman question

Good Analysis user. Now that I think of Johnny like that, it makes sense that he killed himself. He could simply not believe that the world was so full of evil.

>Could Tommy have planned that?
I think so. It is implied throughout several scenes that Johnny is ignorant about the real world.

>If a lot of people loved each other, the world would be a better place

Only someone who lives in his own dreamworld would say such romantic idealistic things.

Johnny did not understand what a horrible world he lived in.

Most of this post is probably bullshit but it made me think that people over analyze this movie to make it look bad yet nobody even tries to understand why Tommy put certain things in there

Excellent post, user!

I actually want to believe this because it makes perfect sense.

He gives advice to Danny that life is about finding true love and getting married, it's not that simple.

I can understand why Lisa dumped him,
only autistic romantic soyboys would bring roses for a girl.

>Johnny doesn't know how cruel the real world is, he lives in a dream
This is probably true.

Johnny is a Christ figure. He is surrounded by damaged people but loves them anyway, even that creepy little drug addict Denny. Somewhere in Tommy' s mind there was a real story he was trying to tell. Everyone does. The problem was his lack of ability to express it. Ordinarily the system filters out people like TW by money and connections, but TW was able to get around it by having the money to self finance.

I think this could be Tommy's real intention.
But I think he will deny it now that the movie is known as a comedy meme movie for the sake of business.

Good analysis.

>Somewhere in Tommy' s mind there was a real story he was trying to tell. Everyone does. The problem was his lack of ability to express it.
I think it's not the lack of ability to express it,
he did express it but he didn't know how to express it to the general audience.
It's told in a very strange and abstract way.

Also, as someone who had a girlfriend that used me and cheated on me, I can relate to this.

This is actually the best thread today. Like there is actual smart people in this thread.

Johnny wanted to change the subject of their conversation and did not know how to

I actually sat down and tried to figure this movie out and now everything makes perfect sense. It's just told in a very unique and strange way like a Kubrick movie where you things aren't straight forward.

I think Tommy was a genius, it's a shame the movie flopped and was made fun of, he could have continued and made more movies like this but now he is too self aware and ashamed of making weird movies like that so he does comedy crap.

Also, even Johnny's weird manerism makes sense now. If you look at it, the real Tommy Wiseau is very different from Johnny, he was actually acting and trying to portray a romantic weird daydreamer.

>Johnny is a Christ figure. He is surrounded by damaged people but loves them anyway,

>Johnny doesn't know how cruel the real world is, he lives in a dream world where everything is perfect,

HOLY SHIT, NOW IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE WHY HE NEVER LOCKS THE DOOR OF HIS HOUSE! HE TRUSTS IN EVERYBODY . EVERYBODY KEEPS COMING INTO HIS HOUSE AND HAVE SEX, HE IS JUST TOO KIND AND IGNORANT OF THE REAL WORLD.

WHAT THE FUCK DID TOMMY ACTUALLY MEAN ALL THIS?!

Best thread of the day. Good job anons.

>If you look at it, the real Tommy Wiseau is very different from Johnny, he was actually acting and trying to portray a romantic weird daydreamer.
Too bad Tommy looks and acts like an alien

>Johnny is a Christ figure.
Is this why everybody always goes to him when they want to talk about their problems?

>Danny
>Mark
>That one guy who had sex in his house

it seems like everybody knows that Johnny is the kindest person and he is always there for everybody.

What the fuck is Danny's deal?

>too bad Tommy looks and acts like an alien
Romantic people are very alien in this time and age.
Girls want Chads like Mark who are busy and dont give a fuck, not some faggot who bring roses home and yells I love you everyday.

anyone have a link to watch the disaster artist online? my shitty small town theater is not playing it

The scene where Tommy is throwing ball with his friends is a homage to Takeshi Kitano's movie "BROTHER".

Hence, he throws ball with his "brothers"

>Johnny is a Christ figure.

here is the scene I'm talking about.
Skip the video to 1:09:45
youtu.be/xOQ5hqtr6o8?t=1h9m45s

Tommy is a misunderstood film maker but so was Hitchcock until the frenech new wave started.

I want to believe these.

This thread is either an eye opener about the room or total bullshit. Hard to tell.

Ok, explain why Mark pushed that guy after he talked about the underwear.

>What the fuck is Danny's deal?
Danny is a very problematic child, he also has sexual fantasies about Lisa and he enjoys watching people have sex, he is very disturbed yet Tommy accepts him and tries to help him improve in life.

He didn't have a fucking mother.

>Ok, explain why Mark pushed that guy after he talked about the underwear.

Mark got paranoid when he heard underwear, he also had sex with Lisa in Tommy's house just like that guy.
he probably thought he forgot his own underwear in the house and maybe that guy knew something, so he pushed him to interrupt them.

I think Mark maybe thought the guy found Mark's underwear in Tommy's house (because he had sex with Lisa)
so he pushed him, to take him away from Tommy so he would stop talking about it.
Hence why Mark was so in hurry to take that guy out of the scene after he pushed him.

He later probably confronted him to ask which underwear he was talking about.

>you know what they say, love is blind..

You know I think "The Room" is autobiographical.

The scene where the psychologist asks Tommy how he met Lisa, he suddenly acts so genuine and it feels very real.

that might be true because the character Johnny mentioned how all his money was from Europe when he first arrived in San Franciso and that Lisa paid for their first date.

I lived with a girl like Lisa so I can very well understand Tommy and relate to this movie.

It is definitely autobiographical. The whole thing about two suitcases and a check he couldn't cash was mentioned in the book, when he arrived from New Orleans (or a town very close to it, I can't quite remember the name) to San Francisco.

>everything makes perfect sense

I think so too.
It's also why Lisa's character feels very real, I lived with a girl that was very similar to her.

The dialogues are shit but Tommy nailed the character Lisa.

It all makes perfect sense.

This is an incredible analysis.
It's the first time I see somebody actually try to understand Tommy's intentions rather than making fun of how weird and bad everything is.

Ok, who was this random guy?

One of the friends of Lisa and Johnny that was invited to the party. He went back into the house and find out what Mark and Lisa were doing.

In youtube clips, it's edited out so people who watch Room clips think he just comes out of nowhere.

If you watch the entire movie it makes sense.

Why didn't anyone care that Lisa's mom had cancer?

Because people don't care about her, because she is a manipulative just like Lisa and she doesn't care about the cancer herself, she is happy with her life and she has always been like this her entire life.

As one of Lisa's friends said to Lisa:
>You are becoming just like your mother, you are so manipulative

It's implied that when Lisa becomes old, she will end up like her mother, and nobody will really care when she has breast cancer.

It's also implied that she doesn't care about her life, just like Lisa doesn't care about her good future with Tommy.
She doesn't care she has breast cancer, she just lives and enjoys life every moment. People know that's her character, when the mom is not worried about her life, so are others not and don't care about her. She is happy the way she is.

Peter 2

continuation

Lisa is just like her mother
in a scene Lisa is confronted by her friends and they say how everything will be ruined
but Lisa says
>don't worry, it's fine.

in a previous scene, Lisa is worried about the breast cancer of her mom,
but the mom is not worried just like Lisa.

It's implied that Lisa and her mother are very similar.

>Too bad Tommy looks and acts like an alien
It's on purpose.
It's implied that Johnny is a strange guy, a romantic kind weirdo.
Hence why Mark says:
>WAKE UP MAN, WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON?!

>Too bad Tommy looks and acts like an alien
Johnny's character is autobiographical.
Many times people in the movie call him a weirdo or creep. He is misunderstood.

>everybody betrayed me, I don't have a friend in the world.

god this movie is so sad

, it's even sadder when you realize it's an autobiography of Tommy and his ex-girlfriend.

best thread of 2017,
one of the best film analysis I have ever read.
Maybe there is hope in /tv after all.

The Room is unironically a great movie

I will copy this

>could not grasp that a person would really beat up his cheating girlfriend.
That's the impression I got. Tommy was being dismissive. His response was saying, "HAHAHA I don't believe that story, Mark."

>Johnny
>a kind man
>ZOMG IT ALL MAKES SENSE
young people truly are literal retards
it's just a shit movie you dumbfucks
i guess it's "funny" to pretend to make sensd of the nonsensical
i guess it is if you're young and dumb
grow up
james franco is a manchild

Tommy gave the dog 100$
wow what a kind man

>tips fedora
a good day to you too my edgelord and have a good fuck yourself

yeah it also explains tommys behavior - hes a suicide survivor. shot himself in the brain and shut down something crucial

...said the manchild

I've always thought this. It's not a good movie but I can definitely understand where Tommy Wiseau was coming from.

I watched this the first time cartoon network played it introducing a large audience to the room and I remember people freaking out about it.

This is a meme I'll never understand.

K I N O

Tommy said in an AMA
>Everything you see in The Room is related to real life.

Because there is no hospital on Guerrero street in San Francisco. Johnny heard the story and knew Mark was making it up. Johnny laughed at Mark thinking he could slide that lie by him.

Human emotion

Would you a Lisa?

Her friend was far hotter