ITT: Post anime/mangas done in a comic or cartoon style

ITT: Post anime/mangas done in a comic or cartoon style

Other urls found in this thread:

astoralexander.tumblr.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But Dragon Ball is a comic book.
Fuck you nerds and your NUH UH MANGA IS DIFFERENT bullshit, Toriyama's style is heavily influenced by Western art.

And how about Inuyasha

Posting more of this artist

This is some high quality art

This desu.

I've never understood why Japanese Comics and Western Comics or animation needed special terms other than fucking weebs needing to be special snowflakes.

They are all drawings on paper or a computer screen.

love it

Manga is different from Western comics though.

>They are all drawings on paper or a computer screen.
Is that all there is to them? Then doesn't this mean all drawings are equal and it doesn't matter if you're reading Watchmen or a six year old's scribbles, because they're the same thing?

How though?

Because you read the images in a different order?

Thats not enough to be a different thing.

Manga has its own aesthetics, characters, stories, market, and production practises and whatever else.

These are all pretty cool.

I know it's not anime or even a good show, but seeing it done in this old comic book style really makes look and feel different.

Badass

>Toriyama's style is heavily influenced by Western art

Really?

DB manga is cartoonish as hell. Actually, a shit ton of old mangas were cartoonish as hell

mmmm nut
I love seeing people mimic Kirby's art

Does not matter, I will always refer to them as comics or Jap comics.

10/10

>Manga has its own aesthetics
Which are neither universal nor exclusive to Japan. You have Western comics that are more "Japanese" and Eastern manga/manhwa that are more "American."
>characters, stories
There are official American remakes of manga (like Cyborg 009) and Japanese remakes of American comics (Bat-Manga), as well as co-productions like Heroman, etc.
>market
Manga outsells Americomics even in America very often.
>production practises
Non universal
>and whatever else
You mean "Jack Fucking Shit."

Do you correct people who call Tintin "comic books" instead of BDs?

>Manga has its own aesthetics
It's a bit more complicated, it's not really the aesthetics and style that defines the manga, but the code they use to construct storytelling and poses/emotions.
The editor system where one person will direct/advise several artists also create a sense of similarity despite artist wild style difference.

There's some Sergio Argones in there, I'll tell you that much for free. Same as how Tezuka derived a lot from Disney. Comics artists tend to pull from a large, global network of sources unless they're chumps. Zot! has elements of Fantastic Four and Aim for the Ace. DAD borrows from Hellboy and the art of Sal Buscema.

Even someone with a passing knowledge of comics and manga knows they're very distinct from each other. You're just pushing an agenda here, and don't want to admit they're different for whatever reason. People do this all the time with cartoons/US animation and anime too.

>not 'ready rookie right to lefty'
>not 'nippy nookie flippy bookies'

>Americans

>I will
who the fuck care about you being an idot?

>Even someone with a passing knowledge of comics and manga knows they're very distinct from each other.
Yes, in the same way that Hollywood movies aren't the same as Bollywood movies. In the same way that a French artist is more likely to draw from Spirou than from Cybersix. In the same way that Japanese RPGs tend to differ from American RPGs.

There's nothing wrong with calling Japanese comics manga, just like there's nothing wrong with calling comics bande dessinee or stripverhalen. Implying that they somehow aren't comics just because they're from a different country is fucking asinine, however. You may as well assert that Japanese movies aren't movies, they're EIGA, you can't CALL them movies!

>this guy could have easily found work for stuff like this in the era of Weird Tales

I didn't say manga are not comics, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Manga isn't written by English majors and diversity hires, nor does it tend to go through different manga-kas. And, of course, manga stories end, unlike capeshit.

Nice grammar shitskin. Get off this site.

That's stupid, Piccolo never fought against Freeza final form without getting rekt immediatly.

Can you guys please stop ruining this thread ?

That isn't Piccolo.

How am I ruining the thread?

>I love seeing people mimic Kirby's art
hell yes.

This entire reply chain spiraled out of "Dragon Ball is a comic book." The idea that they're "very distinct" when global crossbleed is as rampant as it is now is just absurd. There are people making more "manga" manga than actual mangaka, Japanese artists making more comics people would call "more comic booky" than actual American comic publications. There are no true distinguishing features, just memes and recurring similarities.

>ITT: Post anime/mangas done in a comic or cartoon style

am I doing it right?

>The idea that they're "very distinct" when global crossbleed is as rampant as it is now is just absurd.
>There are no true distinguishing features
They remain very distinct despite muh globalization. You are just pushing an agenda. You don't want to admit they're distinct because of whatever political, ideological or emotional angle you're playing.

Oddly enough, yes.

filename

I would do some dirty, dirty things for these to be real.

Could i get the artist's name?

Heh.

>Meg lagging behind
I know Sup Forums doesn't take to the Meg abuse but it will always be funny to me.

>Silver age
>blood
Swing and a miss.

When you're not from the USA, comics design specifically Aemrican comics...

astoralexander.tumblr.com

A lot of Western comics are exceedingly different from each other.

Because the communities have barely any crossover or interest on the other, mutually considering the other beneath them.

That's nice.

Some of the earliest translated manga here in the west was even in comic book form

I recall seeing Orion's bullet ridden corpse get dumped in a pit of fire at the end of New Gods.

>A lot of Western comics are exceedingly different from each other.

You must be thinking of non Marvel and non DC comics then, since they are all drawn by the same 10 or so artists.

this is really good art.

It's cool as long as the bullet holes are not red.

Eh, there's a trend of calling cartoons "anime" regardless of origin.
And no, not just the top 10 anime fights meme.

He cheated, Orin wears a red shirt.

What with the "non universal"?
If it's not universal and it means it's specific to Japan and thus manga has its own specificity.

With that design, there's no surprise about her being female. The tagline is perfect for it too.

The point being saying Western comics and Japanese comics aren't the same because they're different is an empty point.

Damn, son.

Forgot pic

They are different whether you like it or not.

I really like this one.
Are there more for other Super Robots shows.

The Japanese have a special term for American comics tho, it's amecomi.

Good argument.

It's a good fact. Take your politics somewhere else.

>politics

Oh, I get it now.

No, me calling you out on your politics is not bait. Please get fucked.

That literally isn't politics and you still have no real argument.

You have some kind of political agenda you're pushing here. You don't want to admit manga and American comics are different.

I have one where various super robots like Trider, Zambor, Daikengo and Goshogun witness the birth of Jesus.

Not him but that's not political.

Good argument.

Yes it is.

Fuck you and your "arguments." You are pushing a political agenda and claiming up is down and black is white.

Manga and American comics are not the same thing no matter how much you wish they were.

>Zaku II using a rocket punch

Fantastic argument, you should go into politics.

Stop ruining the thread with your "Comic or manga" shit you fucking kids. Fuck off to facebook or reddit