Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
archived.moe/cock/thread/25695/

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/e1Ji84O.png
pastebin.com/Ubutn6jV
lovelyladybugcomic.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last time:

-Kid Cookie got to be a board-tan
-Talked about food based characters
-Rage Racer story updates
-Other stuff I didn't mention

It was a short thread since the board got closed by the end of the weekend.

It's been a while, /coc/.

i.imgur.com/e1Ji84O.png (lewd)

Hey guys! Sorry about the lack of new stuff. Only 1 page today.
I've been busy trying applying for a job so my time was limited.
Was able to re-edit some of the previous chunks again because I'm an indecisive motherfucker.
While critiques are welcome I might not be ale to get to them until later tonight since my interviews today

as always enjoy and/or have a laugh at my subpar storytelling.

pastebin.com/Ubutn6jV

I can see where this is going at the cut off.

>WIP

got a little time before the interview so I'll be here for about 45 min.

Yeah I'm trying to be easy on myself so I'm mostly sticking to what the wiki says on his origin and sort of adding shitty drama.

real nice design. Why the wings, though?

she is transforming like a magical girl, its gonna be a little more giger-esque though.

Who drew this?

The wings seem off, though. they look more "fly" than "lady bug", ya know? or are the last bits still being added?

It was drawn by formaldehyde.
Part of the guest comics for the Lovely Ladybug.

lovelyladybugcomic.tumblr.com/

I guess they should be thicker towards the end.

And I'm back and ready for the traditional Rage Racer spit balling.

I was more talking about the wing covers, I'm not seeing them. Are they there or are you adding them later, or is it something else?

Anyone?

I'm here.

What do you want to talk about before I go get sucked into BotW for another 2 hours?

I know you're still in the origin story, so when do you think Mr. Mellow would show up and why would he set up shop in Vex City?

I know what you mean, my sis was playing it all day today.

I was thinking about that RR Sup Forumsnrad team up might be a good spot to introduce Outrage maybe.

I was planning on him sort of being a Saturday morning cartoon thing where he is looming over the TV room at his asylum out of view to hype him up. after that maybe a comic showing his escape finally leading to their first confrontation, all the while having Mellow not be seen until RR sees him himself.

I can't see any reason to obscure his face.

That's something I feel only works if it serves a purpose greater than drama.

Yeah i guess it won't really work if he's not doing anything else. But either way having him studying his nemesis seems the way to go.

It's coming along.

Ah jeez. that reminded me I need to start my thumbnailing.

Do it to it.

Fine. But n-not because you told me to!
b-baka

Colby is such a qt.

He'd totally study Rage Racer.

Maybe he came to Vex City because he heard of a mad enough dude and thought he'd be easy enough to deal with his skill set.

How far are you going to take your AU? Just the one or a few issues?

This is looking pretty sweet even just in sketch form.

Hmmm. I'm sure that's a good reason for mellow but how would he convince his asylum to take him to vex city?

Definatly a few. But I'm not sure just how far I would go... Maybe when I can write faster I can give a more exact answer. Not to sure how much peer intrest is a factor in this.

Are there any research centers in the city? I'd image an anger pace maker would be something of some interest to the SCIENCE people.

I know. What's her story, the wiki can't seem to give me a straight answer on what she is. AU? Main universe? IDK!

True, however I feel the heart problems should come later. There could be maybe a new facility that opens now that there's a home hero.

Does anybody ever hear a word or a short phrase in conversation and go "that sounds like it could be the name of a supervillain"?

Kind of like the whole "That's the name of my cover band" joke, like if you were to hear someone talk about "Iron and Gristle" or something.

Yes. What about it?

How will Plana play into your story?

I'm surprised editor freind isn't here. Did I actually make no spelling errors.

I'm here, I just haven't read through it all yet.

I read the stuff at the end of it though.
Were there extensive changes to what was before that?

In the beggining again. Shiuld be just page 1 and 2. Just more text added when I realized how much text example pages crammed.

Also are you the guy who wrote the nutcracker story?

Oh no I'm not the BQ guy! I think you replied to the wrong post at some point.

Yeah, I wrote that story.

I figured if anyone was going to write it, it was going to be me since the outline in the screencap that sometimes gets posted was also by me.

I probably won't get to doing an in-depth read of the RR updates until tomorrow.

No prob. Just wanted to know if you were the same guy helping me out almost at the beginning. Now I know there's a guy kinda mentoring me.
How's it feel to be my Mr. Miyagi?

Nice.

I don't think I'm suited to mentor anyone.

I'm just pointing out whatever grammar errors I spot and anything that flows awkwardly.

>thread at page 9
>bump
>thread at page 3

The hell is going on?

Well either case I'm thankful for your assistance.

I think he meant for

Maybe there's quite a lot of traffic.

Yeah now that i think about it Samurai jack is in like 10 minuets so that's prolly it.

I know what it's like to write something for these threads and for no one to notice or pay it any mind.

I'd rather encourage than be silently indifferent.

Bump in the hopes the thread lasts to tommorow.

Damn, got some Blue Beetle flair there. Cool take, user.

Yeah. Super distracted tonight.

Well here's a bump before bed.

We seem to be super dead this time around for whatever reason.

Hee ho.

Those are pretty damn cute.

Four Iron always sounded villainous and fun with the golf and maybe metal themes.

Hey so any more input for the Rage Racer Rouges? Let's nail some things down about Blackout, Outrage and any of the other supporting cast

We were trying to nail down how Blackout's light absorption should look last week. As well as a bit of costume concept (pic related) with the "Luke Cage" look suggested by some user a couple of weeks ago.

and the progress of light absorption so far.

Awesome, The snacks and snack pouches are a great combo of campy and practical.

I agree. Even if the Luke cage look doesn't stick I totally want to incorporate the belt. Another idea was to go full Cable 90s with pouches. There was also initial talk of vampire themes near the beginning but is most probably dead.

One tries, anyway. I dug up a bunch of old doodles I had forgotten about on a partition somewhere. I'm pretty pleased with how the Brownies turned out in that one. Not the best pass at the Aztec fae, though.

Clearly I'm not awake enough yet if I'm linking the wrong posts... 3 hours of sleep will do that I guess.

Same guy from So do you have any ideas for Outrage?

Thinking a blue super suit with red veins that run up to the neck trying to evoke the feeling of rage.

I was thinking his suit could be like the more recent cyclops with the mouth cutout. Pattern sounds good, have a picture with what you had in mind?

Does he have any friends or anyone he cares about in his civilian life?

Was thinking that the red veins would 'grow' as he got angrier. Originating from the shoulders upper chest and neck

My plan, at least for the beginning, is to have him be a loner. I'm not sure there's any sane person willing to live with someone like RR. As for friends I would think the JC and FJC would suffice. But I'm still willing to hear out your idea if you have any.

Oh so like actual 3d veins instead of lines, that would look pretty cool actually

I just realized 2 things

1. I'm pretty sure we haven't hammered out how Does RR beat Outrage as they both can anger and then strengthen each other.

2. We seem to be going in a theme of costumes that change over time. Not that I'm complaining just something I noticed.

Bump

If Outrage appears after Mr. Mellow, then Rage Racer can just use some of the mellow gas on Outrage to beat him.

That was my suggestion from before anyway.

I feel like the intervention of a third party might be the way to resolve this without devolving to a planet-shattering FUUUUUUU- fest. Does RR have any supporting characters who might fetch the mellow gas for him?

You're right. I need to get a cork board so i can keep track of the spit ballin, conspiracy style.

How would you see it done?

A climactic battle approaches an apocalyptic peak, with neither RR or Outrage able to gain the upper hand because they just keep making each other madder. A friend or wellwisher sees this on the news, or, y'know, just sees streets start to buckle and buildings starting to crumble and decides something needs to be done. Gas obtained, battle zone braved, apathy dispensed, day saved, lesson possibly learned but knowing RR probably not.

Line 214
>A two hand clock
two-handed

Or you might want to just say an office clock.

Line 218
>gripping tightly at his desk edge
That's a bit odd. You seem to use a lot of "to"s and "at"s where you don't really need them.
"tightly gripping his desk's edge"

>shows very tense
"is very tense" would work better.
How can his face both be obscured and still be visible enough to show his expression? Is it just obscured in shadows with the outline of his features visible?

Line 232
>If you’re so in control of you anger what the
"anger then what"

Line 234
>the fxs words so big
"words are so big"

Line 236
You're missing the ending quotation mark.

Line 238
>his watch and a out of frame
"and an out"

Line 242
>Common man
Come on man?

Line 244
>RR’s head pokes out his cubicle
pokes out of his

Line 248
>someones attention
someone's

Line 250
>This day can still turn up in your favor
Kind of odd. Maybe "You can still turn this day around."?

Line 251
Missing the beginning quotation mark.

Also, do a ctrl+f for "DOSEN’T" and change them all to "DOESN'T".

Well that's what I've noticed this time around if it helps at all.

So is there a character in mind? Ir is it a random civilian?

Being in this board for more than a few months really show how much people hate gammer errors. As long as we stay above numarvel in editinf we're golden.

Well it's what he asked me to do.

And I'd say, since there's been talk about Sup Forumsnrad being involved, it could easily be him who goes and acquires the mellow gas.
As for why Sup Forumsnrad is there, maybe he showed up to go over some stuff with RR about what perks and benefits come with being part of the FJC program.

>So is there a character in mind? Ir is it a random civilian?
I don't know much about Rage Racer beyond the surface stuff. I'm just commenting on what I think makes sense from a narrative standpoint.

I was planning on doing the briefly discussed crossover comic. The idea was that it would double as detective work for Sup Forumsnrad as well as a aptitude test for FJC eligibility. However I may need to scrunch the timeline in my head o fit it all more coherently. I guess the next question is who're the lucky few to come before Mr. Mellow.

Aside for the wiki page and Mr. Mellow, that's all there is. We have about three more rouges to work with (Bleak Hole, Blackout, Outrage), two of which are still being developed right now. If there's anyone else I'm forgetting, they're not being discussed.

So you start with the origin story. What comes after that?

I'm thinking of having a few small stories with regular criminals, maybe one of the rouges showing up and leading it up to the first battle with Mr. Mellow and finally getting the attention of the JC.

So does he start with street level stuff and then realize he risks dying every time he uses his powers, but by then it's too late to stop since now super villains are showing up?

Interesting idea but I'm thinking maybe sometime after the first arc is when heart problems emerge.

Things seem a little slow nowadays?

So at the end of the first arc he pushes himself harder than usual and then finds out that his powers could kill him.

It's been slow for over a year with spikes every other month that make the usual slowness feel all the more out of place.

Not too sure. Everything's sort of wishy washy in my head. Once i start writing more issues i can get a better sense of how this'll play out. This is near the beginning so it feels wrong to give him a crippling effect when i feel a single arc is "so soon" but possibly later on it'll seem more plausible.

>have a suit with padding to make yourself have tits
>don't even make them big

It's gotta be believable. The bigger you pad, the faker they look.

Honestly, I can't think of why they would have gotten so slow. I can only assume there's some fatigue in discussing the older stuff, nobody's keeping discussion alive, ongoing projects give it a boost and we don't really have any right now, or all of the above.

Nobody's actively pumping out comics or anything like that at the moment. We're mostly waiting for stuff.

I am planning to make a few thumbnails for the RR comic, as well as helping with RR rouge designs.

I just realized I've been slacking on art. Need to get back on that.

Glad to be of service, then.

Story of the past few years.

This slowness has been the norm for at least 3 years now.

Every so often someone like Cosmic Crusaders user will come along and pump out a ton of pics, but then life catches up with them and it's all left hanging.

?