Just watched this again

>there will never be a second movie
>there will never be a movie made as well again
>there will never be another movie made where the male hero actually beats a female hero without almost completely relying on another female to do most of the work
>there are people who think Mad Max Furiosa Road was better than this movie, even with acrobatic Grandmas and a replacement of the Patriarchy for the Matriarchy

Why was this movie so damn good and why is it so criminally underrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aavS_XUITXU
imdb.com/title/tt6873692/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is a TV show in the works. I think Netflix picked it up and I hope it's not shit.

seriously underrated

I'm guessing they'll go the Punisher route and it will be. If they do the same thing and try to inject a ton of touchy-feely shit into something that should basically be a guy going around and killing criminals, then they've fucked up. I'm fine if they want to explore the universe a bit and add some moral quandaries, but it'll probably end up badly.

I did my duty and bought it twice, both 3d each time, and I only watch it in 3d. If only they had more slowmo scene in the movie

Not only all that, I love how it all takes place over 24 hours

Like, just another day in the life of Dredd. Using that format there's almost unlimited movie potential. Think peachtrees was tough? Wait until you see Dredds ENTIRE WEEK!!

Shame

This is the last movie I genuinely enjoyed

>Netflix picked it up

Was definitely good shit. Karl Urban is a pretty great actor, makes an awesome Dredd.

I don't know why you give a shit about the male female dynamic, that has nothing to do with what makes it good. It's good because it's a cape shit film on an extremely small scale. It's a self contained story about a fascist asshole slaughtering a dystopian drug bloc. The fate of the universe isn't at stake, there aren't any ridiculously OP superpowers or high power levels. It's just a cool dude with a gun fighting his way through an apartment complex for an hour and a half.

That's also why it's good that there won't be a sequel. Because if you know anything about the comics it goes from simple to bat shit insane really quickly.

it's shit

A decent fan film youtube.com/watch?v=aavS_XUITXU

pretty much agree

They are in pre-production on the tv series and Urban has expressed interest in reprising the role.

>imdb.com/title/tt6873692/

OP here. I haven’t seen it on a massive screen, or in 3D yet. Would it blow my mind? It blows my mind every time I watch it anyway.

[sooiler] not even on dudeweedlmao it’s still so trippy and fucked up but amazing

I watch the movie everytime its on cable tv.
>political correctness
>btfo

>

It pisses me off that we get endless trashy movies being made that lose millions. Yet the classic remake cant get a sequal

>just a guy with a gun

You retarded? I guess so since you don’t want another one of these. He’s basically a superpower with ridiculous weapons (flare shooting flamethrower, gas, stun, and flash grenades). Most normal people can’t pulverize someone’s throat into the back of their neck with a single chop. He also has a psychic with him so no, it’s not just a dude with a gun.

>ridiculous weapons (flare shooting flamethrower, gas, stun, and flash grenades)
what is ridiculous about those? all of those things exist in real life.

Reminder

Karl Urban was okay never taking his helmet off to keep the feel of the character real, whereas Stallone needed to show his ugly mug in the trashy 1995 version of Judge Dredd.

This is the equivalent of Jennifer Lawrence needing to see her ugly ass face in X-men without the blue due to her bitching.

Jesus Christ that would fucking ruin it. He was almost too touchy feely in the movie.

simply because it doesn't hold a fucking candle to the source material

But The Punisher doe

I pretty sure it was the producers that wanted him to take off the helmet. The worst thing about that movie is the comic relief from you know..... Besides that I don't mind the film, it's just OK.

>It's a self contained story about a fascist asshole slaughtering a dystopian drug bloc
>story about a fascist asshole
>fascist asshole
It's almost as if you're implying there's something wrong with this

Go back to Sup Forums then /fa/ggot

actually it has nothing to do wit that and more to do with general audience not seeing it.

the producers pushed for the helmet off, stallone asked to keep it on. he actually read the comics.

It isn't mind blowing like avatar 3d,
But it does convey a lot of depth and makes some scenes spectacular, like the motorbike chase, the apartment bust, and the climax.

If possible watch it in 3d to see the difference.

Quite possibly one of the best movies to watch on shrooms.

I actually haven’t seen it. Is it worth a watch? I only hear horrible things about it.

>being inside while on shrooms
>instead of going out doors and tripping like it was intended.

Fuck off conservicuck. I’m glad this series has been put down. Chauvinistic male bravado everywhere and they completely disregard the female sidekick as incompetent.

There is one scene I have a problem with, it's the black guy explaining the bad guys hideout and motivations, It feels so shoehorned in and inconsistent.

But an otherwise solid movie,
Tough as nails homicidal supercop.
Untested and often vulnerable female side kick with powers.

If that was only one day of dredds work week, then God damn, what an Insane character to put on screen.

Yes I would say so. I just wish rob schneider was not in it.

I remember seeing this in theaters and hearing the audience members say, "Oh shit!" when he threw Mama out of the window at the end. Dredd didn't give a fuck.

JUDGEMENT TIME

Wow Police really have been slacking not using stun grenades on mass riots...

Its literally trump the movie

fuck off to Sup Forums dumpftards, Sup Forums is hilldawgs territory

I forgot he did and said “Oh shit!” The second time I watched it too. Why didn’t he end up blowing up the entire complex? Was she really bluffing? That was weird.

You didn't watch the movie did You?

It is immediately stated that she is out of the academy and dredd is to assess should she be a cop or not.

What you proclaim to be incompetence, is inexperience.

Male chauvinism, retard, the bad guy is a bad girl who owns a whole city block and ruthlessly kills her enemies.

God you are so cucked you should get fucked to death by niggers.

Nigga when youve tripped for 3,000 plus hours then you tell me how to do shrooms until that day you have some catching up to do my friend.
The things ive experienced to explain to a normal person would sound like the ravings of a madman.
I do reccomend to you that you get the best head phones you can and on a warm summer stary night eat some shrooms lay down on the ground and listen to pink floyds echoes and prepare for a fantastical otherworldly light show courtesy of the universe.

>Not knowing the full potential of shrooms and not wanting to watch the visual masterpiece that is an orgasmic delight to the eyes known as Dredd.
>mfw

I agree but unironically.

>Netflix picked it up

This has to be a troll we as people cant be this moronic can we?

>Pink Floyd

How cliche can you get?

found the criminals

Can this balance out dear white people and BLACKED the series, I mean Jessica Jones?

You think you know a thing or too about the universe listening to shitty albums from the 70s?

Go outside, take 5 grams, exposed to the wilderness, only then the universe will truly be open to you.

Listening to "us and them" 3000 times ain't going it show you shit.

I meant the Stallone one. Also, that’s only 6% of the crime.

Its easier to fill up the future city with white gang leaders to kill. Can't have Dredd or the Punisher killing darkies.

But I doubt Netflix will avoid the "system is the real bad guy" angle; brutal law and order must always be shown as negative.

What was the other thing the rookie sensed in Dredd?

Repressed gayness.

>tfw no rookie gf

Too bad the comic has gone to shit... Also, turning Nigel Farage into a cartoon villain was pitiful.

The signal had to reach the top floor from her watch transmitter which couldn't reach the top floor through a nigtrillion tons of concrete.

You never know. They might go the ironic route and assume everyone knows the popo is bad without being explicit, but accidentally make a great show about extreme justice on extreme criminals.

Judgement

I think that he is only a cop because he loves killing people, and happens to be very good at his job and dedicated to the job.

>that scene...you know the one...

Fucking amazing that he did that.
He is almost suicidal to his job,
He would risk thousands of lives and his own to get the bad guy.

>acrobatic Grandmas

You means the complete jobbers that got blindsided like retards before they could ever manage to kill more than one generic henchmen?

n...no i don't. please explain?

Who's worse Sony or Netflix?

Never listened to echoes obviously.
I didnt say listen to darkside although thats a terrific trip.
Children ive eaten quaters on the regular.
Albums i reccomend.
Ok Computer (Radiohead)
Congratulations and Oracular Spectacular (MGMT)
Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction
Time, Eldorado, Out Of the Blue (ELO)
Kid A (Radiohead its a good album dont reccomend a trip to it the the repetitive electronic nature of the album had my eyes hearing electricity)
Those are the most recent full albums Ive listened to.
If you actually want to to talk about good times and have some suggestions im all for it.
But if youre just gonna shit post im not gonna give you a crap ton of good songs from almost every music genre.
Point being ive eaten a lot of shrooms and did them many times the amount of trips ive forgot most trippers were never accumulate

Netflix.

when she's gettin BLACKED

>Upholding the law is fascist
The city of soyboyerdom everybody

>eyes
I meant ears.
Derp
Ill blame that on the acid

I watched Mad Max Fury Road on shrooms in the theater. I was gripping my armrests like a madman

>5 grams
The absolute fucking state of drug users. Back in my day we'd eat 7 to 10 grams of dried out mushrooms while out camping in the middle of nowhere, and watch the constellations come to life and tell all the stories out of Greek mythology.

Jesus Christ fucking degenerate detected
I get a lot of heat on here for supporting peoples right to a safe, psychadelic drug.

Then retards like you come in and fuck it up for everyone else god fucking damn it.

Ever hear do as the Romans do?

Did shamans and wizards listen to bards echo songs hours on end doing mushrooms?

No, they wandered around in the dusk or dawn contemplating the deepest questions, what the fuck is "everything in its right place" going to expose?

Nothing, shrooms were meant for outside, since you are such an avid tripper, take the amount you think you need, have a sober bud, and go outside.
I am serious, once you are removed from all things electric, certain things will become clear. Maybe on a full moon night, maybe dawn, maybe take a boat on a lake and stare at the stars.

it's outrageous that this doesn't have a sequel

See this guy knows whats up.
I only reccomended echoes cause its spacey as fuck.
Most ive ever eaten was nine.
I was eating 2 quaters a week at least for a year

>turning Nigel Farage into a cartoon villain was pitiful

What seriously, when was this?

I only took shrooms 3 times, and I did as the poster suggested,
Listen to few albums and watched a few movies, bad trip each time.

But the last time I did it, I took 5, and gave a bud 5, and we wandered around on a starry sky night.
Things started clicking in and in those moments I started to grasp the state if the current universe, and it wasn't a bad trip at all, in fact pretty righteous.

Haven't done it in 2 years and I have no need to experience what I had again.

You understand ive tripped multiple times in multiple locations.
I personally either trip with people who are tripping or alone.
Dont need a sober sitter.
>tfw you see air for the first time.

>degenerate druggies talking about their degeneracy in a Judge Dredd thread

Yeah, shrooms are not meant to engage with technology.
It's a return to our roots introspection.

What the fuck is Jeff Lynne singing "showdown" going to Do?

Shrooms can make a blind man see,
And some just waste it on shitty music and shitty movies?
Fucking tards man.

I meant for take a sober sitter for the boat onto water thing

>Why was this movie so damn good
It only seems good because we are wading through shite. But it's really just average.

And no like i said i reccomend ok computer i do not reccomend kid a on shrooms.
Anybody care to share actually stories things they saw.
Me and my bud were tripping on shrooms spent the first hour watching a movie i suggested running outside real quick (lived on a golf course at the time) after being out there for a few minutes i turned him to look at a collection of stars i was observing and as he looked where i pointed two shooting stars happened and i was like holy fuck did you see that and he did as well.

Thats not a bad idea id need a boat though.
I tripped and listened to music ontop of a frozen lake on a winter stary cloudless night shit was pretty dope. I skated around danced in the moonlight jamming out to music. Smoking ls.

>mfw depressive by nature
>mfw hear shrooms amplifies emotions
>mfw can only live through stories from other people

I don't even like weed, so I'll just drink alkehawl when I feel like getting a buzz.

>There's something else behind the anger....MORE ANGER
I like how the head judge stopped her because she knew it was better to not provoke Dredd.

My original plan was to take 10 grams and take a boat onto water, but a bro came and we split the lot and went out Into the night, fuck it was awesome.

Showdown isnt on any of the albums i listened to.
Guy you trip the way you want to.
I know the mushrooms wouldnt want you to be this pretentious dude.
Ive tripped for a confirmed 3,000 plus hours.
Ive tripped indoors, outdoors, and locked myself in a pitch black room in total silence to see what a quater of shrooms would show and out of the absolute darkness generated light objects words numbers closing my own eyes wouldnt make these things go away soon a waterfall of streaming colours swirling around the room as the faces and bodies of happy apparitions and shamanistic looking beings filled the room.
Ive seen zues battle warriors in the sky with lightning bolts and seen our alien overlords and their tall lanky ass limbs.
If you dont like music thats totally fine dude.
World dont move to the beat of just one drum what might be right for you may not be right for some.
The shrooms would be disappointed in your dismissive elitist attitude friendo.
I wish you peace love and prosperity

Dredd arrests him for incitement to riot. Apparently the writers liked using Dredd as an outlet against those they disagree with politically. I can't think of a more ironic application.

Longman is loooooooong

please tell me this isn't real

I'm glad there won't be another movie of this made. It is great on its own. Anything else will just tarnish it.

Although i have listened to showdown and its a good song thats all i have to add on that.
I can tell you that Eldorado is a masterpiece from start to finish and is the greatest Fuck You dad in history though

The ending showed how crazy he is, I would've liked to see that pursued further.

OP here. Literally wish Dredd would come in and stomp their asses out right now. Turned my thread into a hippie fest talking about seeing air and listening to soycore music.

It was advertised in 3D, a lot of theaters didn't show it in anything other than 3D, it was R rated and horribly marketed, it's no wonder why it did so poorly even though it's so good. It's a shame as it's unironically my favourite movie, but hey, it got me into reading 2000AD so it's something.

The TV show is being made by Rebellion and they're trying to be as comic accurate as possible, with the massive budget it'll probably be better than the movie, hopefully they'll get Wagner on board to consult on Dredd's character like they did in the movie. Urban seems to be down for coming back so that's fantastic too, it all depends on his schedule, but I really hope they can make it work. Hopefully they start shooting next year so it won't be too long before it's out. I really hope it's a massive hit so 2000AD gets the massive boost they deserve

>this post

wew

Basically people hire strippergrams dressed as judges, this guy has a fetish for Dredd in particular and has been warned about this many times, it's actually pretty funny