How does the merger between Superdad and Superbro work...

How does the merger between Superdad and Superbro work? Since when the two merged most people (Superdadfags especially) thought all the Superbro stuff was retconned and it was all Superdad but we have this page with Snakepitt remembering a battle he had with Superbro in the 2015 FCBD so if that story counts for this Superman what others do?

Why don't you wait for them to exlain it?

>Since when the two merged most people (Superdadfags especially) thought all the Superbro stuff was retconned

If you thought that, you were a idiot. They literally said the timelines merged. Most of the new 52 happened unless we see otherwise.

I was in the NSM preview thread talking about this and I assume you were as well so sorry if this is redundant, but I'm pretty sure the only stuff that will be dramatically changed will be some origin details, the fact that he's married with a family, and some villain stuff but the majority of his new 52 adventures will still be canon. DC does this a lot with Superman and the most recent time was after Infinite Crisis: origin and villains got revamped closer to silver/bronze age but most post-COIE adventures stayed intact.

Did you not read the storytime for AC 976? everyone thought the New 52 stuff was gone you even had Superdadfags teasing the Superbro fans about that fact.

Yeah I see it that way too. So he can be married have a bit of a tweaked origin and some changes with villains but still keep some of the New 52 stuff.

I don't know what to tell you. Straight up said in that same issue that two timelines merged. They're own fault if they thought new 52 was gone. Action Comics this week should clarify it more.

Well I guess they were just being ignorant but I say this as a Superbro fan, but I can understand how they came to that conclusion. Since in the merged history spread it showed mostly Superdad stuff.

It's the cleanest way to do it really. The Superman status quo was already weird so Reborn works as the new and proper status quo, but the only way for everything Superbro to get erased would be if they retconned the universe again and they're not going to do that for books that have spent a year settling in already. Would have happened at the beginning of Rebirth if it was changing everything like that.

Dude, the whole thing is a mess. Stop trying to makes sense out of it because it will never make sense.

This.

I'm enjoying the discussions its causing but I expect they will give some clarification, but will leave a bit of vagueness to give them leeway in the future.

What's not to make sense of? They just have to clarify what happened and what didn't.

>DC
>ever explaining anything about continuity since 2011

I assume logically that everything that happened to Superbro happened to this new version of Superman but only to the extent that it doesn't contradicts the fact that he was married and with a kid, so his romance with Diana couldn't have happened

>just have to clarify what happened and what didn't

I'm sure they will, on a case by case basis, as things come up, IF you're still the OP, the same as in the image posted by OP, when it's relevant to the story.

No one publisher is going to put out an issue or series of issues which are just explanatory exposition; that doesn't happen in serial movies; The MCU doesn't stop and tell the norms who aren't watching Thor or Ant-Man what their deal was before AOU or Civil War.

As for the merger, the main thing readers expect to be completely changed will be the relationship with Diana simply because it so contradicts marriage and a child. Likewise, Lois relationship with Jonathan, and similarly to this user >only to the extent that it doesn't contradicts
the current status quo (for example, I'm not sure how they need to do anything about Superboy (the non-Conner Kent version from the New 52) and the new current run of Supergirl has modified her New 52 history in certain ways already and her relationship with Clark might be different from what her relationship with Superbro was.

Yeah, the Titans annual corroborates this. Bruce and Arthur talk down to Wally because they barely know him but Barry is all about positive affirmations cause he remembers everything.

Damn, I can't wait for JSA.

There's not much to explain.

All the Superbro stuff happened to Superdad now. Some elements of Superdad's history were merged in, like Death of Superman and parts of Secret Origin.

All that we still need is for them to explain whether Lois and Clark are still universal refugees or if Jon is now retconned to have been born in the current universe.

100% this.

>All the Superbro stuff happened to Superdad now.

There is no Superdad anymore. Just Superbro who was always part of this timeline and has a family.

>or if Jon is now retconned to have been born in the current universe.

They already showed this. He was born in the fortress. We can finally stop pretending Convergence mattered.

Ulysses from Geoff Johns Superman run is still canon and joining the Superman Revenge squad.

And then you have Some stuff from the New 52 is canon. And some stuff isn't. We will find out more in the future.

I imagine all the things people actually liked will remain canon-- Morrison's Action Comics, Pak's run, Johns', etc.

And unfortunately probably some Superman/Wonder Woman stuff.

No one liked SMWW though and it was ignored in the main Superbooks. No need to acknowledge it.

Superman Red and Superman Blue

But wasn't that where Zod was reintroduced?

They can change that with the merger.

>All the Superbro stuff happened to Superdad now
Superbro is Superdad. There's no this happening to that they're the same person yet people still don't seem to get it.

I just remember he had a villain's month issue as part of Action.

You know the next action comics is specifically about explaining all this right?

>We can finally stop pretending Convergence mattered

But what about Parallax

Convergence can count for just him.

Where is he now again?