How long does it take to complete a page like this?

How long does it take to complete a page like this?

Total? 2-4 days I'm assuming.

It's hard to say for certain because there are multiple people that work on it in an almost assembly line-like process.

Artist takes the longest, that's 1-2 days minimum. This particular page has the artist doing both but sometimes there are separate pencillers and inkers, though this has become less common. Then another day for the Colorist, Letterer, and the Editor to go over it and make sure everything is good. Up to 1 more day added if the editor is unhappy and things need to be altered.

Wtf I hate comic art now?

1-6 hours depending how fast you are, maybe more if the page has a lot going on it.

What?

I kid,I'm learning how to draw comics and I wanted to know how long that page would particularly take in a Studio

Why is Elsa here

>With a Big Thanks to Gail Simone!

I don't know, how long does it take to pry your tongue out of a blubbery sphincter?

How is DC pushing out some of its big titles with a new issue every 14 days?

I was thinking of an 8 hour work day when I mentioned that. You could do it in less time if you're doing everything yourself. I was speaking more of that page specifically, which would have to go through an editor and shit like that. Obviously you don't have to worry about that.

I don't read many of their books so I don't know, I would assume rotating artists and lead time and fill-ins.

Basically what said. Fill-ins and breaks, but also production started earlier than usual and it depends on the book. Some like WW alternate more every issue or so (effectively a normal schedule) while others do it by arc so they are mostly working while the other artist's issues are being published.

2-3 pencillers that rotate every 2-4 issues with the occasional extra penciller.

At the original rebirth panel every book had two artists but by the second arc pretty much every biweekly book had a third or fourth artist solicited.

That's Jeannette

She's a banshee whose husband had her beheaded for the Revolution

I think a page a day is the average for most artists

Kirby could do 3 a day. I wonder what the rate is for hacks like Romita Jr or Bagley or echhh Land.

Not to mention there's several modern colorists with their own flatters (who go uncredited)

thats a lot of time

For you

A page like this one? With coloring? Not even if you're Flash. Unless you're tracing the whole thing.

It's not that bad when it's going well. Ideally you want an inker working on a page while a penciller is making another while the colorist and letterer have pages of their own. Just because 1 page might take 3 days total doesn't mean 30 would take 90 days. It's condensed when everyone is working smoothly.

Delays typically happen at the artist/penciller level since that's the most time-consuming and every other person needs those pages to start their work.

Bagley drew about 40 pages/per month when Trinity (a weekly) was going on and Ultimate Spider-Man was twice monthly

Why don't comics artists have assistants like manga artists?

They use to but usually only one or two and they were typically more of an apprenticeship. Learn the craft so you can go on to be your own artist.

Unless you were Bob Kane who had a lot of "assistants".