Hey I just got an idea for movies. How about a choose your own adventure movie...

Hey I just got an idea for movies. How about a choose your own adventure movie? So the entire audience can choose an option "like look at this" or "go here" in a chase. It’s timer based and will do a random action if the viewers don’t submit anything.
I think it would be great in a horror movie.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Or their own ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rB7DTGY5ufw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_House_on_Haunted_Hill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's shit.

I would do my best to ruin them

might work for an netfilx

That kind of happened with that netflix series splatter, but over the course of a few days

It sucked, but that was mostly because of the production value and everything. It does seem like a neat idea

TellTale
/thread

It still sounds like fun. But the votes are counted though. It may not be likely your vote will win.
I just think having a large audience is what makes it fun. If it was done right you could have a big hit in theaters. It’d be it’s own genre of movie.

I feel like that's what TellTale games are basically.

Telltale is a game though. Not a movie. It would be more like until Dawn if anything. Just completely time based to keep the movie from going over certain times.

The idea is just based off of the choose your own adventure books. If it expanded to games why not movies?
It would be marketed as the first interactive movie.

because you would have to film an infinite amount of action it would be impractical
cinema experience is stressful enough without every shouting
open the door
eat the crow
kill the gypsy etc etc etc etc

I see how it would be hard but at the same time you wouldn’t be doing an infinite amount of things. There are only so many endings you can have.

I’m not entirely sure why reshooting a scene would be harder than reanimating a scene.
From what I found Game development is 4 to 2 years. Movies aren’t much different in terms of length. I’m not a movie maker so I’m not sure. It does seem plausible though.

What the FUCK

This is my picture.

That's so weird to see it here.

I'm surprised this hasn't become a thing what with DVD menus and everything.

My point is more TellTale games don't have a great deal of game play mechanics at least for me not satisfying game play but they do have pretty interesting stories. If you just took what they did and made it live action there's almost no difference. I mean if not them then the People that did Beyond two souls. It's primarily just decision making gameplay pasted onto or between cinematic events. What would be the difference out side of the live action element?

What's going on in that picture?

Wish I knew how to draw.

what you are describing is called a "video game", feel free to discuss them here:

The mother is living in a weird cut-off-from-the-world town where ghosts and other manner of spirits reside, Ghosts are vengeful, petty things that seek in death what they could not attain in life. So a band of dead wanna-be mothers raid houses to steal away babies and children. This woman is smarter, she knows the dead hold secrets and she immigrated to this strange town to learn these secrets. So she allows her child to be taken by them but she knows how to prevent them from taking her son for good using this particular golden thread (because she does truly love her son) . The ghosts aren't too happy about it but there's not much they can do. So night after night they take the child and the child comes back with knowledge of the place they took him to and his mother seeks to learn everything he has to tell.

I'm a little drunk right now so sorry if this makes no sense.

Practice makes perfect, friend. That's literally all it takes. If you keep at it you'll get better and eventually you'll get to the point random people post your art all over the net.

Be warned though, art takes a lot of time away from doing other potentially more social things. Which is why I'm depressed as fuck and drinking alone browsing Sup Forums right now.

It would fucking murder the pacing, go back to Sup Forums

It's been done:
youtube.com/watch?v=rB7DTGY5ufw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_House_on_Haunted_Hill

that's cool
you should link some of your shit

>How about a choose your own adventure movie?
stopped reading right there

No you did fine.
>Bitch mother dangles her son like a worm on a hook, hoping to attain unearthly knowledge of the underworld.

Got it.
Really does sound interesting though.

Since nobody knows the vote of the others, I would make a single story and giving them the illusion of choosing.

Just image search. My stuff's all over the place.

>every theater has to buy some stupid ass devices for each seat, or is at the mercy of 300 people's phones

People don't go to the cinema to make decisions.

yeah that'd be awesome i lub moobies

So, a video game?

that's cool, did you come up with it entirely or is it referencing some folk tale or something? it feels like one, in a good way

Beat me to it.

I made it all up.

very cool, it definitely feels like something that might be in an old ghost or fairy story