Is Who wants to be a millionaire just a game of luck?

I mean, there's 33.34% chance of being right unless the person happen to know the answer, and lifelines can only get you so far into the game.

Let's say there are 15 questions with 4 choices each. Let's also say there are 3 lifelines: call-a-friend, 50-50, and ask-the-audience.

For each of the 15 questions, there is only 1 correct answer, and 3 incorrect answers, so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%. You can use each lifeline once. Using phone-a-friend, let's say gives you a 95% chance the person you call is correct. So 1 question is 95%. Similarly, we can say ask-the-audience gives you a 95% chance. Finally, 50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers, so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer. To recap:

Question 1: 33.34%
Question 2: 33.34%
Question 3: 33.34%
Question 4: 95%

25% chance you buffoon.

Absolutely EXCELLENT math

stats trolls are the best trolls but your thread is boring and you should kill yourself

I'm starting to think this isn't trolling and it's actually a statistics 101 homework question.

I don't know if this is bait, but you must multiply the probabilities to get intersections of events

This has to be a troll right? OP can't be serious here.

Pictured: OP

Ok, I'll bite.
46% is the chance of guessing one answer correctly, not all of them

Also, it's not 33.34%, it's 25%

>american education
white and based

Oh shit, where have you been hiding this pasta OP? I haven't seen this one in about 3 years. Thanks for the nostalgia.

>falling for this pasta
Kys.

>Question 15: 100%

This is some spicy pasta.

I'm probably wrong, but did the math
I got to question 8, after that the chance is 0 even for the calculator

first 1/4=25%, second is 0,25/4 = 6%, etc.
Therefore the chance to get question 8 correct by pure luck (disregarding lifelines), by picking all randomly is roughly 0,0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000005 %

Why did they feel the need to add the clock in later seasons of the show? It's probably enough pressure to be answering trivia questions for money on TV, having to answer with a time limit just seems unfair

Pasta revival always outs the newfags.

Save money.

>33.34%
Interesting rounding

People serious don't recognise this old as shit copypasta?

I really really like this pasta

Kek

But yes it is a game of luck.

>become a millionaire
>dont become a millionaire
its 50% retards

*coughs*

I need more retarded pastas in my life.

That's not how it works. The probability is 1/(number of options)^(number of questions)

>The Sun has fallen out of orbit and is going to crash into the Earth. Humanity has randomly chosen people to enter an underground nuclear shelter with enough food and provisions for the next 50 years until the Earth is habitable again, luckily you were picked.
>You are allowed to bring one movie with you.

Choose wisely..

The Thing.

>those shoes
Is that a teacher creepin?

so this is the power of the american education system?

the room

Lot of people haven't seen this thread before, it seems.

It was Nixon. I don't really know what Laugh In is or who Nixon was but I do know this for a fact. Final answer.

Tfw no one will even answer with "The Dark Knight Rises" anymore

Bloodsport

How old even is this pasta though, the show hasn't really been relevant for over a decade

that is completely wrong, there is no assurance that audience or friend know the right answer, the probability is probably somewhere around 50% not your ridiculous 95%.

>that is completely wrong
Wrong.

It's 50% you dumbass. Either you choose the correct answer or you don't

But you also have an extra 50% chance of already knowing the answer or not, so that's 75%

Anything by Fritz Lang desu