Are there any cartoons you think would have done better on another network?

Are there any cartoons you think would have done better on another network?

harvey beaks would have done great on disney

I wonder if Nick regrets letting this show go
They did the same thing with Ed Edd n Eddy

Probably said too much already, but invader zim would have done better on cn, or at least last longer than it did on nick.

Dan Vs. would have lasted longer if it was on CN alongside Regular Show

>I wonder if Nick regrets letting this show go
Look how they use Spongebob as their life support of course passing on a show that became a network's flagship hurts

>They did the same thing with Ed Edd n Eddy
That I did not know (I'm pretty new to Sup Forums)
Holy fucking shit, I didn't knew they were on suicide watch for that long

They didn't really let Ed Edd n Eddy go, they just didn't want to agree to allow Danny keep the rights and creative control. Nick has a history of not wanting animation creators have rights, go look at Constant Payne.

Pic not related?

>Dan Vs. would have lasted longer if it was on CN alongside Regular Show
It got three seasons despite being a failing series. I think it would have done equal or given less of a chance on other networks, honestly. Having an executive play favorites and renew it despite it making no money was probably the best case scenario for it.

I totally agree, always pictured it working better on there.

I can see some of CN's more recent abuse victims like Sonic Boom doing well on Disney XD. They've already got Pokemon and Yo-Kai, it'd fit right in.

Literally any acquired programming would do better on Disney. CN puts them on death time slots or airs them in bombs to get rid of them.

I was about to say this. Say what you will about how you think AT is now, but it fared far better on CN than it would have ever on Nick

Zim would have fared better on CN

I can agree with that, if they were smart they would air it with Billy and Mandy.

I feel like that while both Avatar shows *technically* had good runs, Nickelodeon really fucked them over scheduling wise.

Can't say the same for older Cartoon Network; I kinda feel like they'd have given the show far more respect

Anything that isn't TTG on CN.

Steven Universe
Sonic Boom
We Bare Bears (though it's not to my taste)
Hell, even Adventure Time as you said

Are CN really that desperate to push flash animation that they're willing to basically screwing over their other shows? The ratings aren't even that good anymore for TTG, not as decent as they used to be.

As someone who wants to get into the animation industry, what does it really mean to have rights and creative control?

I fucking came here to post this and it was the first post. What.

Well, lets say we have a show called "Show". As of the finalization of the concept, characters, bibles and concept sheets, we own Show as our intellectual property. We pitch to a network, and they are interested.

The network could produce the show "in-house". By doing this they claim all intellectual property as their own (characters, concepts, names, etc.), and are allowed to use said characters as they see fit. Examples include: Megas XLR, PPG, and Spongebob. Networks could co-produce the show with another production company. By doing this they own part of the property, but equity is split between production companies and their counterparts. Networks may not do whatever they want until they have consent by the other shareholders. Examples include: Mad Men, and Breaking Bad (not done much in animation). Finally, Networks could simply choose to let your production studio handle it all, and order the broadcast rights for episodes. This means networks don't own the property outright, but they own the episodes produced for the network. Examples include Ed Edd n Eddy, Tom & Jerry, Flintstones.

The advantage of producing in-house is resource. You get money, staff, vocal talent, and a greater network push. But if your show does gangbusters, you have NO real authority to say end it. You just leave and watch the shitshow from a distance. Producing personally will mean less money upfront, no staffing from network, and not a real push from the network unless it's big.

It's essentially like a little start-up. You don't want to sell more than 49% of your equity, because greater than you no longer own your company.

sponge bob on disney or cartoon network

You know the only reason Dan Vs even had three seasons was that the head of the The Hub at the time was good friends with the creators