Marvel Artist Ardian Syaf Hid Anti-Christian And Jewish Messages In This Week’s X-Men Comic

No thread about this? This is karma biting Marvel in the ass for years of shitty creative teams on X-Men and pushing the Inhumans.

web.archive.org/web/20170408211743/https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/08/marvel-artist-ardian-syaf-hid-anti-christian-jewish-messages-weeks-x-men-comic/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/XavierFiles/status/850822243617779713/photo/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there was one earlier but it hit bump limit and fell off

This is thread #3 OP, way to slow poke

We already had a thread that hit the bump limit on it.

There was a bunch of people denying it for some reason even though the artist basically confirmed it on his facebook page

Rich actually got it from here and Reddit.

Fuck off already Sup Forums

Yep, and I would really rather not have another. I think what this artist did is inappropriate and expect he will be fired (and I think he should be) but the threads here are so tiresome because of how it becomes muh Islam.

It's because the guy is Muslim. It's okay for them to hate Jews and other Non-Muslims because they don't know better.

>Fuck off already Sup Forums
You're right muslims should be allowed to put "hate speech" in x-men comics"

While it's true Sup Forums would be super invested in pushing this, just having a complaint about it doesn't mean you're Sup Forums.

Geez Marvel Comics seriously has not got any good press lately lol.

First, the "Diversity killed comics" comments, then the "artists don't sell books so fuck the artists" then the "we are doing more overpriced 10 dollar shit comics", Now this lol.

Marvel editorial proving there are no bounds on their ability to fuck up.

I still can't believe Will Moss is editing the America book.

>First, the "Diversity killed comics" comments, then the "artists don't sell books so fuck the artists" then the "we are doing more overpriced 10 dollar shit comics"
Those were all the same interview FYI.

It's kinda hilarious how they keep tripping over their dick and I'm someone who loves marvel

Was I unclear?

Fuck off Sup Forums

Oh god I didn't know that

Fucking hell Marvel.

I hate lost Sup Forumstards ruining other boards too, but if you're okay with coded hate speech in an x-men comic as long as they're brown there's something wrong with you

the only Marvel fans left are casuals who only watch the movies

>Being against bigotry against Jews and Christians
>Somehow a Sup Forums stance

Make me, you pissant

What's Sup Forums about this? I'm being genuine here: I can't stand the cross-Sup Forumsinization of Sup Forums and I've been here for years, but I still don't think it's appropriate for this guy to be putting Islamist messages from Indonesian politics in the X-Men Gold comic book.

I don't hate black people women or Jews. I don't think the Nazis were right. I'm not a Trump supporter, etc, etc. I still don't agree with this.

Perdon, non entiendo

You are really that retarded aren't you?

I mean large parts of it were taken out of context but yeah, it was pretty much a "hold my beer" moment.

No

I don't blame them, I mean it's rather obscure.

>Marvel pratfalls in their attempt to publish a safe meat and potatoes x-book
Can't win for losing.
This guy's an idiot for putting this stuff in the highest profile book he's done. Just fuck my career up senpai.

>Thor fan
>Last 4 years have been so bad I dropped comics period

I liked Thor when it was a Journey into Mystery not a Journey into stupidity.

Vete a la mierda Sup Forums

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, user.

Fuck Sup Forums and fuck you

>anti-Jewish hidden message
>Sup Forums
Shouldn't you be looking for a high glucose syrup sauce on Reddit, kid?

Just ignore the retard.

You don't have to immediately get the reference, but when there's a repeated number thrown into the comic book or a quote on a t-shirt you should be looking into it. It's as simple as asking the artist what it refers to. They didn't do that, obviously. Marvel has absolute shit-tier editing these days in every respect.

What's funny is the Sif JiM was 1000 times a better book than current Jane Thor.

When should we expect an official response from Marvel?

Was the "we can't make our trades cheaper because people might want to buy them instead of floppies" the same interview?

Yes, it was an interview with one of Marvel's chief sales/marketing execs. I would not expect another one of those for a few decades.

Maybe after this, they start to have editors doing actual editor's work again.

apparently there was one

twitter.com/XavierFiles/status/850822243617779713/photo/1

>What's funny is the Sif JiM was 1000 times a better book than current Jane Thor.

no it wasn't!

you gotta admire the blatant capitalism coming out though

Sana Amanat and G. Willow Wilson are already working on a letter condemning islamophobes

I think my biggest issue with Thor is; it's pretty clear they don't like the Fantasy Aspect. Jane Thor has ramrodded over the Nine Realms mythos with a steamroller and everything Mystical has been flattened by boring atypical comic quips and this pathological hatred Marvel has for having a story get serious beyond drama.

no one would would catch hidden messages about islamic stuff unless the editor was already extremely familiar with the topic

Hope he gets fired.

>fire a muslim
Unlikely

To be fair, would ANYONE that isn't familiar with Indonesian politics know what the number 212 means?
For instance, I didn't know that 14 and 88 were white supremacist numbers until quite recently.

He's not white, so he won't be.

Marvel is going to fuck this up somehow by not firing him.

I mean, it's not like they look like random numbers and letters, user. At the very last, one would have wonder what they meant and so start to research about them. Just with a bit of curiosity and a bit of common sense.

Actually similar thread died on /pol with only two or three replies. Twice.

You can catch a reference without understanding what a reference is. The number 51 is in multiple places in the issue and then in the format of a Quran quote on clothing.

The Jew > Kitty thing also should have raised a few eyebrows. I don't believe editorial is actually making a pass over books these days honestly. I don't know what they are doing.

>This artwork will be removed
Good

>Disciplinary action is being taken
Will he be fired and blacklisted?

Literally everything is better than Current jane Foster Thor.

>First Arc is lazy Malekith shit
>Then we have evil corporate Minotaur god
>Then we have rebellion against Malekith shit that strangles any sense of fantasy of Mythology with "Witty" characters and avoiding as much worldbuilding as possible

And I think now we have Jane trying to tussle with the Shi'ar gods, who are now huge dicks for some reason and make you question how the Shi'ar Empire became so big with Gods who like Mass genocide as a sport.

Let's not forget Jane Foster is entirely detrimental to "Odinson" as a character and her actions make his entire reason for "Falling" utterly wrong.

Why is it ok for Muslims to be racist and xenophonic but not other groups?

This was good, but I'm not satiated. I want complete public humiliation, user.

Odinson was fucking boring and you know it.

It's not ok.
That's why we're having a discussion, to begin with.
Sup Forums pls go.

Not really... you see repeated numbers, either you think they have some harmless meaning to the artist\author or you ask them.

Going and looking for numbers without the context isn't exactly easy to find the correct answer.

If they noticed, they might have asked the artist who would have likely lied about them.

>I don't believe editorial is actually making a pass over books these days honestly. I don't know what they are doing.

the bendis stuff over the past years is clear evidence of how lax is marvel editorial these days

>It wouldn’t be the first time comic book creators have snuck messages into comic books. Ethan Van Sciver spent most of his time on New X-Men hiding the word “Sex” in the background.

lmao

Several of Bendis's x-stories were rewritten late in the process so weird behind-the-scenes stuff was going on there.

But if you at least do the last part then the artist is in a much worse position and you can prove they are the sole person to blame. And you can take action more easily too.

It doesn't look like they'll fire this guy if this is legit but maybe they're just looking more into it.

>If they noticed, they might have asked the artist who would have likely lied about them.
Well, that, I can see it happening.
Maybe I'm just a too curious and obstinate person (with lots of free time to begin with).

BUY THE COMIC, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!
THEY ARE GOING TO OMIT THOSE PARTS FROM REPRINTS AND MAYBE EVEN RECALL UNSOLD ISSUES, SO THE RARE ANTI-CHRISTIAN AND ANTI-JEWISH ISSUES WILL GO FOR MORE MONEY!

>tfw you don't wanna get into this but disagree

will say I thought Beta Ray Bill did a good job addressing the deal with the revelation of Fury's whisper.

>who are now huge dicks for some reason and make you question how the Shi'ar Empire became so big with Gods who like Mass genocide as a sport.

one of the most famous bible stories is about a flood that kills 99% of life on earth sent by god

He still put Cambridge in London though.

"disciplinary action" can mean firing
its just a more diplomatic way to say you are taking action.

It's not a common western sort of hate speech. I don't blame the editorial here even though they're generally shit.

No he wasn't.

Thor is at his best when he is full "God of Thunder" mode and the Gorr Arc proved that.

Jane Foster adds literally nothing to the role of Thor. Right now, the ENTIRE Shi'ar Arc would ironically BETTER if it was Odinson, because HE is the one that tackles the idea that Gods are not always a good thing in the Universe.

Thor is THE Superman EXPY for Marvel, and no amount of SJW shit will ever fill that hole Thor expressed.

Yeah, but the Shi'ar Arc implies they do this rather frequently, God in the bible says "Ok I won't do that shit again that was hardcore"

There are some instances where people consider Muslims a race. So a critique on their religious would be considered a racist statement. It's the same sense that people have by calling anyone against jews, "anti-Semitic" despite Semitic being a culture group rather then a race.

It's basically just idiots.

Oh shit. This user's right. But I don't want to support current Marvel. Fuck.

>tfw used be biggest Marvel fag
>Remember the huge universe of relatable characters and stories we got, there where ups and downs but the goods always outweighed the bad
>see Marvel today, obviously not even trying anymore
>get even sadder remembering all the great stories they used to put out
its easier to accept Marvel died with 616 after Secret Wars

>Attacking jews while doing art for Guggenheim
Yeah, he's fucked. Probably going to be blacklisted. If you're not white, you can attack whites. Go after jews and you're fuuuuuuuucked.

>Practically every mainstream media source which reported on those diversity comments accurately said it was Marvel's lack of quality/immaginatio that was the actual cause for the slump.

That was a suprising and good day.

Benching the Fantastic Four was really indicative of the way things were going.

We don't actually know neither the contract of the guy nor what actually happened.

What's here is a standard answer, they aren't likely to say anything more specific until they get a word with their lawyers

I believe it's a mix of good faith(why would the editors think he'd out something like that? A lucky number or personal meaning is much more likely) and having to watch over many things in short time(Marvel artists are usually always late) are the answer.

Unfortunately a lot of those same sites will say there's nothing wrong with Angela, Jane-Thor, Hellcat, Mockingbird, America, Wasp....

It doesnt matter if he isnt blacklisted. Jewish writers and strongly jewish-sympathetic writers (most of Big2) are not gonna want to have anything to do with this guy

He is gonna end up drawing back ups for some mormon weekly comic

Look we all know where threads like this are going to end up so better to just tell OP and all other post like his to fuck off because fuck him and his fishing.

As many people pointed out this isn't even subliminal messages because nobody even gave it a second thought. It's like making a character who is supposed to be death but you dress him in all white
Sign said jewellery
>who are now huge dicks for some reason
Did we even know anything about the Shi'ar gods before this?
>how the Shi'ar Empire became so big with Gods who like Mass genocide as a sport.
Same way humanity came to be 8 billion people

The F4 started everything and it ended all with them

You better believe if this was someone hating on muslims the guy would have been fired, this guy probably won't even lose his job.

Marvel are dogshit these days.

Isn't it work for hire? They can just not give him work. He doesn't seem good enough to have an exclusive.

Sup Forums here, Comics are cucked no matter what and you should be ashamed of getting taken over by SJW and feminists

>who is supposed to be death but you dress him in all white

in some cultures the color white is associated with death instead of black

Do comic artists sign contracts? Because I imagine that if the artist signed a contract saying he has to do 10 or so issues then terminating that contract might give Marvel some legal troubles

As much as Our gods are sort of Dicks in the Marvel universe, they don't summon tidal waves for fun anymore.

Shi'ar ones apparently do.

Because Islam is a cancer and muslims are murdering people daily because of their beliefs.

I know that sounds retarded, but that's basically the case.

I don't know what the deleted post said, but as far as I understand the current issue, the problem is that this kind of hidden messages encourage hate-speakers and extremists who know the meaning of such symbols.

It's not harmless, and is quite toxic for Marvel as a company PR wise..

marvel writers have taken subtle jabs at islamic stuff for a while
its only when its overly blatant and dumb (from either side) that there is a problem

I know, that's my point. But shit like that won't register here in the west now will it? DC death's wouldn't be the same if you dressed her in white
You're right, they don't summon tidal waves anymore. Instead they do something much worse

Look who the put in charge in some nations of the world

Some artists do sign contracts for certain number of years.

So if they improve quality and imagination we can stop swapping characters genders/races/sexuality?

If you weren't autistic you could just say your complaint is about political opinions on the comics board. You'd still have no grounds however, because the topic is the content of a comic book, but at least you wouldn.t be as autistic as you are right now.

is that Spurrier?
you can always count on britons for some edginess

I'm talking about the Marvel universe, not ours user.

Marvel Gods have been hands off for like 300 years until Thor and Herc showed up a bit more.

>when you go so far to the left that you end up supporting the slaughter of infidels and subjugation of women.

Are there any big titles that haven't been contaminated?

The sign said jewelry with the letters JEW being clear and ELRY being visually muddled with the hair.

>the problem is that this kind of hidden messages encourage hate-speakers and extremists who know the meaning of such symbols.
So we can expect Captain America fans to turn towards Fascism and might-makes-right in the coming years?

The thing about hidden messages is that they might not even register on people who knows the meaning of such symbols.

Loki didn't become a world leader did he?? or does he somehow get convoluted credit for Dark Reign?