Name any Hollywood production after 2008 that is truly kino

Name any Hollywood production after 2008 that is truly kino.
> Whoopsie doopsie

Blade Runner 2049

Arrival

Pff
Bland copy of the original. Ispired only in the visual by Dick's novel. Nothing more than a good photography and directing.
Lost any meaning of the original idea.

And most of the kinos before then were Winestein productions. So effectively nothing since the 80s.

Upstream Color

Was very impressed when I saw that.
First I tought: well, they're still capable of making good movies!
Then I realized that everything was forced around1h 30 min, there were a couple of plot holes, and some characters underdeveloped.
Moreover, the finale was strictly dependant on the shit-tier scify of Nolan.
A lost opportunity.

No Country For Old Men

>Bland copy
What the fuck are you talking about?

There were still some exceptions imho.

A Field In England

> No Country For Old Men
>Bland copy
I might say that the original Blade Runner was a lucky case of a film that was not intended to turn that way. But definetly, despite I respect Villeneuve's work, and I enjoyed the movie, the plot was still suited for the general audience, and didn't bring any added value at the end of the screening.
Moreover, the story was pretty linear, and even if the entire movie was entrataining, I don't think might deserve another rewatch. It was build on purpose to look smart-tier, you can tell that.

Never seen, I'll give it a shot

Not an Hollywood production, does not qualify.

Sucker Punch (Director's Cut)

>Bland copy
Nigger you could change a few names and it wouldn't even be Blade Runner. It has almost nothing in common with the original besides setting. The themes are completely different.

All right, all right then.
My mistake, let's say that it was named in a completely different manner, such as Replicant.

Now, before you start typing as an illitterate fuck, try to understand that I enjoyed the movie, and again, I respect what Villeneuve has done.
That thing is a solid 8.6/10.
Good directing, excellent sountrack, one of the best fx I ever seen (still trying to figuring out Racel's scene), decent acting, etc.
But still, everything feels simplistic and not on a deep level. Moreover it is very difficult to emphatize with the characters: syntoms, I believe, of the fact that the film was targeted to a general public in order to avoid any losses.
Let's take another scify that puts you in a similar situation, where your character is a slave of greaters powers, and struggles to find any freedom, if there exists. Let's thake 2009 Moon, by Duncan Jones. Even if that thing should be buried for thousand of reasons, first of all shitty tier cgi, forced lenght of the movie, etc.., that thing has more solid bases than BR2049. Give it a shot. Tell me if you can actually feel the difference.
I'm not loosing anything arguing on Sup Forums, it's up to you to don't act like a fucking sheep.

Social Network

Is this a joke, right?

>Now, before you start typing as an illitterate fuck
>the abomination of grammar that is the rest of the post
????

mad max

Swiss Army Man was so good, though.

>he can't recognize a brilliant screenplay just because Facebook is involved

I was almost 99% shure that you would criticize my grammar. Typical.
It's not for facebook. It's how the character of Zucc is depicted, that is far away from the reality. Not even on how zucc actually behaved, but the way the screenplay zucc should be to archieve the things that he did.
He is acting as a bullied asshole, doing things directly for the scope of the plot. And the final scenes, man.
It is a solid movie, but far from kino. Let's say it is a good holliwood product.

no

Well yeah considering you called the other poster illiterate and then proceeded to demonstrate your second grade level English skills I'd say your grammar deserves to be called out.

RIght, completely forgot about it. That was good kino. Just because it doesn't try to overcome its nature of action movie, imho. And it does it in an extremely good way.

bait

mammamia gotta go back to english school

>holliwood
>etc...,
>syntoms
>sountrack
>scify
>greaters powers
>there exists
>thake
>shitty tier
>lenght
>loosing
>illitterate
>Racel
>emphatize

Cloud Atlas

No movie carried by Jessie Eisenstein can be kino.

Word. I also thought The Grey was good.

The Master
Uhh... The Perks of Being A Wallflower maybe

Drive
Nightcrawler
Neon Demon

In fact, it is more based in Dick's novel because Villeneuve actually read the novel while Scott did not.

I'll add them to the watchlist

Is neon demon elegible? Wasn't a fully a product from holliwood.

The ouside of the city scenes dumped in the power (is that how it is called in english?) were majestic.

But you should consider Dick's novel and Blade Runner two different things, imho, such as Solaris (1961) and Solaris (1972). They are both great in different ways.

The Neon Demon is kinda weird movie. Inferior to Drive but waaay better than Only God Forgives.

Yeah, and it almost seemed that he thrown in the finale those scenes to trigger the critics and the general audience.
I don't have a solid opinion on that movie, it is beyond my comprehension.

Directors dont write the script

that's not always true
they are not intended to write the script

Mad Max

The witch

Grand Budapest Hotel

Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition

Holy Motors

Just kidding, it was a pile of pretentious claptrap

Happier days for Mr. Snyder :(

See