Apologize

Apologize.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electric_Judgment
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the true Luke. Legends is canon. We hardly knew ye.

>luke
>force lighting
Wat?

APOLOGIZE

he joins the dark side for a while

>"Never. I'll never turn to the dark side."

> fun fact: Emerald lightning is a Jedi skill.
Grandmaster Luke does badass shit in the EU. Canon Luke is a whimp who can't handle one rogue student.

thus he put a flag

give list

very badass...
well still way better than movie luke

well my favourite EU arc was Dark Empire, it was cool seeing Luke in a Vader suit. And yeah, Luke in EU was a fucking force jesus, literally a god

New Wars hasn’t managed to top the awfulness of Sun Crusher, Kyp, Vong, Sheev clones and Mango wank yet.
Granted it’s made a pretty good effort, and it has none of the good bits of the EU, but it’s not there yet.

Clone Sheev was fucking OP and this is Luke pre-New Order.

>Vong
the Vong were an interesting concept; it was like SW's Dominion

They were an interesting concept handled poorly. The story Canderous told about a mysterious scout ship implied to be Vong was vastly more interesting than most of their actual presence.
The reveal that their force resistance came from one Vong also undermined it significantly.

It was Sheev in his prime.

>Sheev Clones
>Bad

It's more retarded to think the emperor of the galaxy with access to cloning technology WOULDN'T have clones of himself

He killed millions...

TO SAVE BILLIONS!

Shit yeah, boiiiiii!

>yfw George's PT is actually something that retcons the Vong but reuses most of the characters of that era.

It was more of a "Light Break".

The problem is that the whole point of Sheev in RoTJ was that he was too arrogant to think he’d ever be outmatched. It was one of the few prequel parallels that actually worked, since he defeated the Jedi due to their similar arrogance.
Having clones defeats the purpose of that.

>Sun Crusher

Starkiller base is a step in that direction, its only a matter of time

>hurr what if we make the death star, but its PLANET sized and it shoots like 10 planets instead of one

True master can use dark side without being corrupted. Besides, Luke used Choke in ROTJ.

to save brazilions

Luke in the old EU was the most stronger Jedi ever lived

In the new EU Luke is a little scared bitch
What went wrong?

>Legends Luke
>Revises Jedi code and fixes some of the flaws that make Jedi turn to darksiders.
> New Order lasts, even when his Nephew turns, and gets btfo'd by his sister.

>'Canon' Luke
>Re-establishes Jedi Academy without any revisions
>get BTFO'd by his Nephew and some goons.
>becomes hobo

>True master can use dark side without being corrupted.
>hating someone to injury or death with the force and still saying you’re not Dark
One of the worst parts of the EU
>Luke used Choke in ROTJ.
And that was used to showcase him being perilously close to falling

>Channel hatred into willpower, releasing it as a neutral force.
with that, he can move planets with the force.

New academy was much better, instead of this "let go your feelings" shit you could be much more emotional, you could love and marry and you could kill your opponents if there was no other option. I see no problem here with using Force Lightning, its not an RPG where you gain dark said points for using Dark Side "spells", choice is yours and Force is your partner.

Fucking edgeleords and "muh grey Jedi". There is no such thing. You really think no force users have tried to live by that philosophy? Take Vader for instance. George Lucas described Vader as someone who wasn't aware of the negative impact his actions were having. Palpatine tricked him using the non existent "grey jedi" path. And it cost Anakin everything, because giving into your emotions in such a way will pull you down the dark path and NEVER let you go.

Apologize

The Jedi reforms were largely good, but the problem with lightning in particular is that it was, in the old EU at least, the outward manifestation of hatred. It wasn’t actually lightning, despite the form it took.
It wasn’t like using telekinesis to kill or hurt people, which can be justified and done in a non dark mindset.
The mere fact someone was using it meant that they were flat out abusing the force.

This. Vader is a prime example of a force user who thinks they are walking the "grey Jedi" path.

but the one luke uses isn't really force lightning,

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electric_Judgment

>still posting EU garbage
not canon.

NuWars is fake canon.

the funny part is; the Disney Trilogy is outright shilling the "balance".

he was the real good guy
if he accomplished what he wanted everyone would live in harmony and peace

>he was the real good guy
>if he accomplished what he wanted everyone would live in harmony and peace
You could say this about practically every leader.

I heard everyone who fought for the empire was a volunteer not a forced conscript

Emerald Lightning/Electric Judgement. A somewhat shittier version of Sith Lightning.

Then Luke never used lightning at all you fucking retard. What do you think this discussion is about?

if you do force push and pull rapidly it will generate a lightning that ejaculates from your fingers

And I like Thrawn's trilogy best. Luke rocks in the way he is a mix of experience but still doubting in some aspects. He represents that ultimate Jedi, who is aware of his strengths and weaknesses, and thanks to that pulls through.

Dark Empire's art was so pretty.

being able to hate doesn't make you evil

what do you know?

Ahh, that was good. One of the only graphic novels/comics I've ever actually bothered with. It was pretty silly but the art was very distinctive and I liked that.
One other problem
>1st part
great style
>2nd part
great style
>3rd part
Nothing like the other books and nowhere near as original
What happened?

STAR WARS IS FUCKING GAY

Luke goes on edge a few times like after his wife is murdered by his nephew.

He only actually fell to the dark side when Sheev returned from the dead in a clone body and used asspull force magic to teleport him to his throneworld and demand that he bend the knee.

Luke joined him at first to attempt to destroy the dark side from within because resistance would simply mean death at that point.

Rian Johnson is like the story group.

Clueless

starkiller base is worse than the sun crusher honestly. the idea of a ship that can shoot some weird shit that fucks up a star is more defensible than a planet that shoots a cluster of faster than light lasers that can be seen across the galaxy and blow up like 10 planets at once.

I will not go see Episode VIII in theaters, is that enough?

prime sheev was so nasty he created lightning storms in space that could destroy fleets and wormhole people to different sectors of the galaxy.

The real Dark Empire III was canceled. Apparently because there were some legal problems with a story from the same author called Lightsider and then the artist simply moved on. The third part that was made was just a quick wrap up.

Using hatred as a weapon is about as evil as you can get, especially in the knowledge that indulging in hatred is an objectively slippery slope

nigga how exactly is force lighting sith only?

Thanks for the explanation, I was wondering about that. That's a shame though, would have loved to see a proper continuation.

what if he hates haters

>he doesnt know
BASED plo koon was using this shit since day 1
and then lucas killed him like a bitch in 3

Then he becomes litty as fuck

I'm pissed. Based Mark unJUSTed himself for this steamin pile of garbage

I'm not completely sold on the leaks because there is supposed to be a huge deep pull from the canon that zero leaks have mentioned. You'd think if it was that big they would be mentioning it.

It's kind of better than Luke fails since it doesn't make him a Gary Stu. Not every protagonist has to go and do bad ass shit when most of the time they are still just an average joe or jane. Luke still went on to form a new Jedi Academy until Kylo Ren broke free. Why does the main character have to continue onward with only successes and not failures?

There has never been a more unoriginal idea then bringing back the main villain in the movies after he has been vanished. This also goes for bringing back Darth Maul in The Clone Wars.

What is the New Order?

How do we know that the First Order couldn't move the entire planet like a spaceship?

To me, him fucking up is less the issue compared to him just leaving after.
Everything in the OT paints him as tenacious bordering on stubborn, ferociously loyal and idealistic, which makes his ST portrayal so far seem incredibly out of character.

I’m not saying that there’s no justification possible, but that the one we got in TFA simply isn’t enough

nigga eternal life was the point of the sith, what other benefits would the dark side have if not that you could transplant your soul to a clone and live forever?

OK since TLJ is probably going to suck can any of you EUfags recommend me any legitimately good EU stuff? Preferably stuff with Luke

Can’t got wrong with the original Thrawn trilogy.
If you want something low powered and more off the beaten path, go with the kotor comic, which you should be able to find free online.

dark empire

Thrawn Trilogy #1, Jedi Academy Trilogy is meh but imo a fun read, Hand of Thrawn Duology, Darksaber, Han Solo Trilogy, the entire X Wing series, Survivor's Quest.

Basically anything by Aaron Allston, Kevin J Anderson, and the God Timothy Zahn.

Black Fleet Crisis trilogy is super meh, Callista trilogy is shit, The Corellian Trilogy is good for Solo kid shenanigans.

New Jedi Order (Vong War) series is really hit and miss depending on the author. There's some good stuff like Star by Star, but some really meh titles as well. Legacy of the Force is Prequels II: Electric Boogaloo, and Fate of the Jedi is absolutely God awful.

I think it's that Luke isn't in two places at once, he seppokued on ach to and fucked shit up as a force ghost but they reveal his clothes on ach to (like obi wan) later

> darksaber
Kys

Pretty much only for Admiral Daala and shenanigans on Hoth.

The whole using the force to push an entire fleet back was retarded but then again Kyp Durron is one of the worst EU characters imo.

Essential post EU continuity:
>Thrawn trilogy (most accessible EU story after RotJ)
>X-Wing books 1-4 (set between RotJ and Thrawn. Focuses on lesser known characters. Shows the taking of Coruscant)
>I Jedi (One of the X-Wing pilots from the above books visits Luke's new Jedi Academy. Takes place during the inferior Jedi Academy books)
>Hand of Thrawn duology (civil war ends for good)

Otherwise follow authors like Zahn, Stackpole, Allston, Luceno and Stover. Anything with X-Wing in the title is surprisingly good (novels and comics), even though the movie characters are barely in it.

Watch out for anything by karen traviss.
She’s an infamous fanfic peddler that is well known for playing favourites with characters and factions, while shitting on anything she doesn’t like In her headcanon

I really don't like how Disney is really milking Star Wars. I hope the fatigue sets in sooner.

APOLOGIZE!

*post RotJ EU

>MUH MANDALORIANS

God I hate her

Coincidentally she also totally fucked the Halo canon too

Thrawn trilogy followed by Dark Empire. Also read the Darth Bane trilogy if you want some Old Republic and Sith goodness a few centuries before the prequels.

>Basically anything by Aaron Allston, Kevin J Anderson, and the God Timothy Zahn.
>Kevin J Anderson
He did a lot of important world building, but his writing is piss poor. His Tales of the Jedi comics were pretty great though, especially the Redemption miniseries.

It’s particularly annoying how she didn’t even get what made them entertaining outside their nice looking armour.
They were interesting in kotor, where they displayed their surprising egalitarianism coupled with unsustainable militarism in the comic, and then explored the warrior culture coming to terms with defeat and peace in the games. It was nice seeing characters like Canderous and Bralor reflect on their failures and trying to repair their culture, which ironically enough fit well into how they eventually evolved into the post retcon society from TCW.

On that subject, her chimpout over that was hilarious, and deliciously ironic when you consider how she herself treated other authors work.

So was the Emperor coming back via clones done before the PT ergo all the chosen one bullshit Lucas put in?

I'm sorry your franchise went to shit

It's from the one of the earliest EU stories ever published, so several years before the prequels. According to the author, the story was originally about a Darth Vader impostor, but Lucas said no to that and approved of the clone Emperor idea.

yes. Lucas was going to include Heir to the Empire to the post RoTJ canon and frame the sequel trilogy somewhere where it replaces the Vong conflict. The Solo offspring are the constant between all potential Sequel Trilogies. So basically We would've still gotten Jacen and Jaina to mirror Kylo and Rey anyway, but with a more refined story.

my negro with the good taste

>>He only actually fell to the dark side when Sheev returned from the dead in a clone body and used asspull force magic to teleport him to his throneworld and demand that he bend the knee.
>
>Luke joined him at first to attempt to destroy the dark side from within because resistance would simply mean death at that point.
EUcucks will defend this

>Luke's move actually makes Leia train as a Jedi.
>Luke's gambit worked and they fucking make a New Jedi Order.

Still better than what happens in canon, where he orders the Empire to self destruct post mortem

luke joining the emperor in dark empire makes all the sense in the world and you'd know that if your read it

>On that subject, her chimpout over that was hilarious, and deliciously ironic when you consider how she herself treated other authors work.

I missed that.

I think what broke the straw for me, and made me just put down the LotF books for awhile, was when she had the Mandalorians find a new type of metal that made everything they had, from armor to tanks to fighters, neigh invincible. I mean she wrote a passage where you had them just walking through blaster fire calmly shrugging off shots and lightsabers didn't do shit to them either.

>So basically We would've still gotten Jacen and Jaina to mirror Kylo and Rey anyway, but with a more refined story.
Would Lucas have has Jacen pull an Anakin 2.0, though?

I would've loved a ST about Solo twin escapades in the Unknown Regions with occasional assistance from Uncle Luke's NJO and Papa Han (Princess Leia absent due to diplomatic missions used as cover for her crippling space cocaine addiction).