ITT: Let's name characters that retcon the existence or role of other characters in a continuity

ITT: Let's name characters that retcon the existence or role of other characters in a continuity

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5NHzI6_D4Tg&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=ndIgDIclJSY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What was /vp/ reaction to this? How much bantz did Mistyfags get?

Mistyfags are extremely sour about this. The last remaining Pokeshippers are practically shitting themselves in rage

What happened?

Who is this? Reverse image search brought nothing up for me.

How is an alternate-continuity movie a retcon?

/vp/ fucking hates the anime. The anime discussion is the worst general on the board

Over at Vp we hate the anime.

I'm not even a Mistyfag but I still find it pretty dumb to make a movie based off of the first season but include no characters from it.

The Pokemon movie that had been announced as a remake of the 1st season has new characters replacing Brock, Misty and Gary.

It isn't.

People are pissed off because they fell for the nostalgia bait just to be played on and the movie ending to be yet another legendary pokemon movie without any of the original cast they were expecting to watch.

Can somebody give me a quick rundown on this character?

Also, I'm posting Rey because she makes C3P0 irrelevant, since she just so happens to know Wookie and Binary

youtube.com/watch?v=5NHzI6_D4Tg&t=0s

>and Gary.
OK. Now I'm mad.

Brock replacement, although he's nothing like him. He's a serious smart guy, wants to become a Pokemon professor and has a Lucario.

It only took them 20 years to do anything with the first new legendary that showed up in the very first episode.

For years, the only characters that actually matters are Ash, pikachu, TRio, Oak and Delia.

I sincerly prefer an AU just for the sake of the new. BUT, these two movie exclusive companions have too generic designs, though.

Man, the anime is now just a turd with nice colouring and lens flare.

Cool that they're covering the original theme song though

>Gary

OH LORDY HELP ME

>yfw Best starter get the spotlight now that the other shitters get the back seat.

What the fuck I thought that was a girl...

Has the SM anime been that bad?

Welcome to anime

No, I thought "she" was your generic kuudere.

oh fuck I thought it was a girl.

FUG

>Piplup
>Lucario
>rival is paul 2.0
G-Gen IV remake in the switch?

>that awkward moment when you forget to greentext and end up looking like an idiot

The point of Frog Man and Spider-Kid were that Peter didn't want to take anyone under his wing because he viewed his life as a curse.

Miles ruins that

The recent episode gave me feels

youtube.com/watch?v=ndIgDIclJSY

>but the truth is
What? I want to know the truth!

Not really, I was reacting, not quoting.

I've been hearing S&M is a freshish take on the series, and it's better than the show's been in years.

>ash is a retard
>girl is also a retard
I'd hate to be Soji.

Honestly the biggest issue I have with it is that it just doesn't make sense. I'd be completely fine with them replacing Brock/Misty/Gary's POKEMON, but the actual characters themselves might as well be the original characters if the replacements are going to be obvious proxies. I wouldn't even have a problem with them having entirely new voices. Why make an obvious nostalgiabait movie and then remove half the nostalgia?

That said I'm loving the fact that the old man has Game Red's hat, complete with a rusted Earth Badge on it, and Ash's backpack has the L symbol that was on his OG anime hat.

I miss when pokemon was fun and something to look forward to

All pokemon does now is make me feel hatred

The fuck nigger? Sun and Moon games were pretty good. The storyline is legit the second best after BW.

>he says while posting an image with Gen VI pokemon in it

She's gonna prefer pokemon pageants over training, calling it now

It's been a while since I read ultimate spiderman but wasn't that idea ignored?

I fucking hate how Pokemon pushes contests onto women

>Gary
FUCK

>she has a piplup
Oh god it's actually gonna happen

I was thinking of something more edgy to contrast with her cutesy character, but what you said makes much more sense.

You heard wrong.

crawling in my skin
these glooms they will not heal

>he
I've been bamboozled yet again.

It can't be worse than the Ash/Serena blueballing that went for 50+ episodes.

It's the fucking eyes.

Sun and Moon are awful.

Of course it makes more sense, she's a composite character of Dawn and Misty, just like Soji is a composite character of Brock, Tracey and probably Clemont, and Cross is a Cross between Gary and Paul with a Yugioh protagonist's hairstyle.

League aside, X&Y was the best the show has been in years, and will probably never be topped.

dude, we got three fucking waifus from Moon.

Even the protag was waifu material.

Now you're telling me that's not a good thing.

Why not using the chance to use literal Red instead of Satoshi?
Or even that guy that literally looked like Ash in the first league?

Now I'm waiting for the trap art

>she's a composite character of Dawn and Misty

>Dawn
>character
Micro skirts aren't characters. And May did the contest thing first.

Personally I liked Sinnoh more, but the pacing just does not compare to X&Y.

>Red
Already happened dude. Twice.

Piplip, senpai. She's going to be a tomboy Dawn.

FUCK. Richie.

DEEPEST LORE

Actually... if you pretend this "Ash" is Richie it might make it worth a watch.

His name ain't Richie, though.

You just have shit taste, nigger. Lilly alone carries the games and she was pretty freaking good at it.

Fuck no, Richie was God awful and no one liked him.

Just like Charizard in their battle, no one fucking cares.

Because the entire point of this movie is nostalgia baiting anime fans specifically, and they just got done using Red and the game canon to put out a miniseries and a bunch of shorts.

"Brock, Misty, let's go eat donuts!"

Still better than nostalgia bait and surprise. This is Mewtwo returns up to eleven.

How can people be so buttblasted about a movie not being a complete rehash of Gen 1?

>Brock and Misty only appears in Gym battles.

He exists in 616 now and has the okay from 616 Peter who went through the Frog Man and Spider-Kid shit.

Currently, yeah, the history is being ignored for Bendis' OC. Despite FROG Man being a fan favorite among Spider-Fags

Frog Man*

My phone has to chill

It's not about it not being a 1:1 rehash, nigger. The part where they replace 3/4 of the supporting characters and turn it to be yet another new legendary shilling movie is what's upsetting people.

>kill brock and misty
>but bring back old Joy
I'm conflicted

It always seemed like it was going to be about Ho-Oh, though. You're pretty dumb if you thought otherwise. I can understand being annoyed that they have to stuff Marshadow in there at least.

Cry more about it until you understand that AUs can do just about anything.

They did the right choice by going with an AU and doing something different.

I'm not a comics fan and hearing this shit just turns me off even more to the idea of picking up something.

Why is replacing the characters in an alternate continuity movie bad? Should it have just been the original Indigo League compressed into a 70 minute movie?

And people were retarded if they thought there would be a movie without an associated new legendary. We knew about Marshadow since before Sun and Moon's launch.