Ever want to try to be a real life superhero?

We have all fantasized about it, right?

No because I'm not autistic and friendless.

Even if I did I'd want to be someone cool like Travis Bickle.

Oh boy, anyone remember Phoenix Jones?

I've fantasised about it but only under the proviso that this is a setting in which superpowers are real and other costumed heroes and villains already exist. Operating as a real-life superhero with no powers in a world without actual superheroes is purely for the autistic.

>Travis Bickle
>cool

are you sure you're not autistic?

Fantasized, yes. Who hasn't, even once in their childhood?

I'd rather be an mma fighter.
back then Phoenix jones threw away his chances of being a pro fighter to end up being a costumed dumbass, he's lucky he got that second chance

Yup

I've never thought about being one myself, but I have thought about how we live in a world with legitimate supervillains like the Unabomber or Pogo the Clown but only joke superheroes like Mr. Extreme, Master Legend, or Phoenix Jones.

>i remember having a conversation like this with a couple of friends
> one of my friends said he be a supervillain because "being a hero would be boring" and would kill anyone who would try to stop him
> he got offended when I said i would stop him and cried "b-but heroes don't kill"
> mfw

No, I've never wanted to be shot.

Masterful b8.

>mfw legitimately put thought into it
>came up with practical armor and gadgets and everything
Good times.
Motorcycle armor, helmet, etc with padding inside it
Crowbar, taser, weighted knuckles, handgun for worst case scenario

I've fantasized about being a god who decides who lives and who dies. That's kind of like being a superhero.

I remember a friend of mine tried to be a superhero in middle school. He's tall and black and could fight, and he even had a costume he ordered online. He would tell me that he would go in "patrol" where he would wear his costume underneath his clothes and go to Wal-Mart or a public place or something. He was inspired after watching Kick Ass.

Why be a hero when you can be a villain

>Even if I did I'd want to be someone cool like Travis Bickle.

God, this reminds me of my highschool film class. Every single person in a class of roughly 30 thought Travis was the hero by the end of the movie. Triggers me to this day.

My super power would be somewhat similar to America Chavez (minus the MUH MENSTRATION), in which I go to I go to different dimensions. Except I would go to the Marvel 616 universe, set up an internet line between ours and their universe and show them this board and how the sales of their individual comics are doing and how they used to be. Then maybe, just maybe we can offer suggestions on how to fix them

if i ever had that power I'd just be a drifter between worlds and treat everyday like an adventure maybe even contact my otherselves and bring them along

>I would go to the Marvel 616 universe, set up an internet line between ours and their universe and show them this board and how the sales of their individual comics are doing and how they used to be. Then maybe, just maybe we can offer suggestions on how to fix them

nobody but the younger heroes would care about that nonsense and peter parker would have a mental break down if he found out that he was a comic book character and his life was manipulated by emotionally stunted manchildren

When I was a kid I did. Around age 16 it shifted to more of a Death Wish/Taxi Driver type of thing.
I think if you actually tried to be a vigilante, the hardest part would be just finding crimes. I think it would be most effective to just go to shitty neighborhoods and bait people into trying to mug you, then ventilate them.

Has anyone on Sup Forums ever done anything actually heroic?

If I did it I'd be more like Dexter than a superhero

So Pretty much this version of Peter?

Also I never said that I would be the only one to use this power. Let's just say that I would allow some of the characters from the comic world to travel to our world so they could "convince" their writers to get their shit together.
Maybe a return for our "favorite" carol?

What a fucking creepy edit

Even if you did, the heroes in the Marvel 616 have no control over the stories that are written. It's not like Marvel is looking through a dimensional telescope and recording their adventures.

same here but then i realized that I live in an area where crime is relatively low

i think the only time i ever saw the cops out in full force was a suicide on the train tracks

The biggest problem with this (from a realistic perspective) is that, if you dress up in a strange or distinctive outfit, then it would be easy for someone to copy your "look" and have people immediately blame you for whatever the person does. Sure, it could theoretically happen anyways, but "balding, bad shave, blue jeans" is not as distinctive as putting on some body armor and covering up your face.

Plus, while there is not "superhero registration", you'd better believe that wandering around in the middle of the night with a strange getup is going to involve talking to the police, even if it is just them making sure nothing is wrong. Hell, I've gone for midnight walks just because I couldn't sleep and yeah, they will check up on you to make sure you aren't stalking a neighborhood. So there is no "Well SuperNEET is a wanted criminal but nobody knows who he really is" in the real world.

I've been thinking, what if there was a situation similar to that one Justice League episode where the flash, green lantern, hawkgirl, and martian manhunter go to a world that inspired a comic book in their world in which the writer simply recorded what their dreams were. Let us also say that the current writers have found some way to influence this world into their own making and make our current heroes oblivious to what they have become. Once becoming aware that their actions were being controlled by some self pitying hack, they will not be exactly happy realizing that their lives were being made worse just to inflate their own self gratification.

That's just my rant, take it or leave it.

>Travis Bickle
Autist calling the autists autistic.
I guess this isn't unexpected for this place

My other superpower would be something similar to that movie "Dead Snow 2" where I would have the ability to bring back the dead simply by touching a dead person.
In my version I would go to the graveyard where all of the fallen supers are (both villain and hero alike) and bring them back from the dead with their powers intact.

For example: America vs. Ms. America
:)

Go to sleep, Gwen. You're dying of leukemia and there's nothing you can do about it. You'll never escape into the Marvel universe and have black Spider-Man beat you and web you to a pole.

I did it for four years.

Oh yeah? How'd it go?

I only wanted superpowers to get what I want.
Heroism is for children.

But I was a government sanctioned punisher

>Licenseless Rider
>Hero
At no point did he save anyone even against the easiest of foes. The ten secounds he irritated SK wouldn't have changed anything to Saitamas arival. Every other hero in OPM does a better job then him.

what happened to that guy?

Just become a cop faget. Even if you had superpowers it would still be best to just become a cop.

Do you feel a crawling sensation in your skin?
Do you find that your wounds don't heal properly?

>tfw youve never fantasized about being a superhero
>but you have fantasized about being a supervillain so dangerous that people become superheroes, and people get pushed to be at their very best, and you'd unleash a ton of robot minions to terrorize people so that one day some kid whose town you wrecked will become a foolish samurai wielding a magic sword that will step forth and oppose you

I just wanna run the guild of calamitous intent, basically