Luke's son shows up looking like this and wipes the floor with everyone including Luke

>Luke's son shows up looking like this and wipes the floor with everyone including Luke
This is the only way SW can be saved.
youtube.com/watch?v=D_3qxr4mQCI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FILkUFK7QMs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>darth nihilus
wow so deep
wtf i love video games for children now

>le edgy masked man
SW can only be saved by having a full penetration scene with Luke, Rey, and Porgs.

hey! nobody cared before he put on the mask

KOTOR II has god-tier writing, memelord, in no small part thanks to Chris Avellone's involvement. Probably one of the best examples of quality writing in vidya in general.

>wipes out the sjw resistance
>wipes out first order

>collapses into mara jade's arms
>I... I... I HATE THEM

I would pay to see it

as someone who doesn't like SW much I can agree with that

This, we prefer white male villains with visible faces.

>Sup Forumseddit

KOTOR 2 is probably the most unique Star Wars material made in terms on philosophy and themes. It's no surprise that people who generally don't like Star Wars appreciate KOTOR 2.

so we have Ben Solo vs Ben Skywalker?

Daily reminder that Darth Nihilus BTFO’d Gary Garver
youtu.be/FILkUFK7QMs

honestly cant tell whos cringier

>Rey isn't a Revan like figure.
>Luke is more Jolee than Kreia

Eh, I knew it would be shit

Edgyyyyy

the interviewer is cringe

ironically the interviewer got btfo though

Who's penetrating who?

>Jacen Skywalker

>KOTOR II has god-tier writing, for video games
Fixed, and even then some would argue against that.

this, it makes all rest of SW simply shallow, where everything is either black or white with nothing in between.

>Star Wars
user...

> Muh super sith who can kill planets with a thought and has a robot face
Fuck off. The only reason Nihilus was tolerable - not great, tolerable - was because of what he represented. As a character, he's barely even an entity, just like Darth Maul

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

read
Literally this, EU has been pulling Deus ex Machina after Deus ex Machina. Suck my prolapsed anus you fucking nigger chicken faggots the EU sucked and Star Wars was never good

but the more he eats the more he has to eat so eating that planet make him the weakest of all, it's not like he's galactus

character flaws:
my character eats whole planets but he gets weak afterwards

Yeah that's what we call an asspull to have whiny crybabies not pull the Mary Sue card

no, that's his whole point

that's what we call an artificial flaw
if his entire character can be boiled down to just that flaw without any additional traits, it means the character fucking sucks

>kotorfags don't even fucking realize how blinded by nostalgia they are

I can appreciate Nihilus aesthetically for sure, but I got into KOTOR way too late to suffer from nostalgia bias

it goes well with KOTOR, which is much more bland

a KOTOR I movie would work if they didn't try to hide from the viewer the main character being Revan and only held it from the character

who the fuck is "we"

lol why are you latching on to my phrasing instead of addressing the point

either way nihilus was a bland, episodic villain who relied mostly on suspense which was fine for the role he served, but lets not pretend he's a masterpiece while there's much better written characters in the EU

>but lets not pretend he's a masterpiece while there's much better written characters in the EU
but no one has done that

>how to save star wars

Stop doing what they're doing and do Heir to the Empire.

hmmmmmmm
kotor2 overall was just the developer's commentary on star wars, and the dev in question has previously apologized for stuffing kreia with his criticisms of the setting

>lesbo romance between Bastila and female sith lord
>bland

I don't think so.

FFS I HAVE NOT FINISHED THE GAME 2 YEARS AGO AND INTENDED TO DO SO LATER, BUT YOU SPOILED IT.

kys

Ditto. I can't stand the Force/Jedi shit in Star Wars. Like KOTOR2 quite a lot.

Femrevan best revan

>dark nihilus
*burps* Force isn't real Mor'Tee.

UNCLE KREIA THE FORSSSEEEEEEEEEE IS REALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Goddamnit why was KOTOR2 such a fucking mess.

Yup.
Apart from it being an amazing game overall femrevan+Bastila is still the best romance in all of gaming, followed by femdispicle Visas, femshepard Liara and femwarden Leliana.

>inb4 some faggot and his muh poledancing

>inb4 some faggot rages about femprotagonists sucking

>Things that don't exist

>When best girl is 14, so not romancable
They fixed this in SWTOR by making new Mission of proper age (and making her your slave), but unfortunately, SWTOR is shit.

>twi'leks
has there ever been a bigger red flag for betacuck manlets?

>republic commando
>kotor 2
>dark forces/jedi knight
>battlefront

>I never played KotoR as femrevan and chose ds

What the fuck are you talking about? How was he an "episodic villain"? He was a broken reflection of the MC, and was central to some of the story's core themes. His motivations are revealed to be simple and base, because that's the reveal. You find out how his hunger subsumed even the man beneath the mask.

But please, tell me how Darth fucking Bane was a better character because he was super good at force lightning.

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true.

t. bugman

>But please, tell me how Darth fucking Bane was a better character because he was super good at force lightning.

As opposed to Nihilus, Bane actually has a personality of sorts beyond "mom im hungry!! get me a planet!!" and leaves a legacy and a mark on the galaxy. Nihilus is forgotten the next fucking EU release.
Not that Bane is good, Karpyshyn tried way too hard with the Nietzsche parallels.
>"hurr bane an ubermensch he ascends above the weak morals of his other sith xDd"

Luke doesnt have a lightsaber. None of his toys come with one and no media promotes him with one.

>Luke's son

Ben Skywalker is a little ginger fag though, he'd never wipe the floor with anyone. The toughest thing he ever did was literally stab his cousin in the back.

Holy shit, it's like talking to a wall. It's like saying "Big Brother" is a bad character because his personality is "I'm in charge and evil". That's not the fucking point of the character.

Nihilus had a point beyond "haha im evil i eat planets"? Sure, that's one way to get the plot moving.
Anyone who isn't a brainlet knows that Sion had the actual charisma required for a good villain.

>Nihilus had a point beyond "haha im evil i eat planets"?
>He was a broken reflection of the MC, and was central to some of the story's core themes. His motivations are revealed to be simple and base, because that's the reveal. You find out how his hunger subsumed even the man beneath the mask.

OK I see you haven't actually played KotoR. Nice bait.

You are so dumb I think I'm going to fucking shoot myself because the thought of us sharing a universe disgusts me like there is no tomorrow.

>Sure, that's one way to get the plot moving.

KOTOR fags are so fucking deluded by nostalgia.
Besides, I'd argue that the charisma of "Big Brother" lies more-so in his sociological impact on the setting rather than the persona itself. It's possible Big Brother doesn't even exist.

Nihilus on the other hand is forgettable in that aspect, along with many others. He's a plot motivator, but possesses no gravitas and charisma as a villain beyond contrived suspense.

Know another good example of a current Star Wars villain with no gravitas and charisma that relies entirely on suspense?
Snoke.

Well clearly you didn't, because the only female romance option is Carth.

pssshh.... Kylo isn't as scary as Caedus, Ben is an actual trained Jedi, he'd wipe the floor with Kylo.

Take your schizo pills, fucking delusional Sup Forums faggot, you wouldn't know a good character if it was fucking shoved into your throat like a BBC.

>"i-i u-used orwell's w-writing a-as an e-example"
Gosh gosh, the popular example of good writing. Shows you're inept of thinking at your own merit.

Oh my God are you fucking dumb. Charisma isn't something that defines a good character. It can contribute towards a villain being compelling, or being a threat, but isn't in itself a necessary aspect.

You're trying to define him as a fucking comic book villain meant to be franchised and sell merch, Nihlus was tool used to tell the story, and THAT is what makes a good character, and it's something Nihilus was used to great effect for.

you're a special kind of imbecile aren't you
>what is nexusmod

That isn't really relevant to the conversation.

Didn't I state fucking earlier in this thread that Nihilus served his purpose very well for what he was worth? He's a plot motivator and he's enjoyable as that, but his characterization is fucking stale and bland.

Besides, no, plot device =/= good character by default. Nihilus was interesting as the former, but sucked as the latter.
Kreia was equal the MC that Nihilus was, and she had far more characterization even if I felt like it reeked a little too much of out-of-universe criticism.

It's a lesbo romance between bastila and femrevan sith lord in KotoR I, how exactly is it not relevant to a lesbo romance between Bastila and femrevan in Kotor I?

KOTOR II is still massively overrated I see. It has some good ideas, certainly. Enough to put it's writing above most other SW related media, but it completely fails in its presentation. From Kreia being an awful insert for the writers' commentary on SW, to the ridiculously broken progression. It's a good idea wrapped in a turd. I'd be incredibly curious what the writers, and a competent developer, could come up with today.

Bane?

Oh I love you.

Thanks. Wanna get married?

Again, you're ignoring everything that Nihilus is there for. He's not just there to move the plot along, he's a lynchpin to the Exile's story, unraveling what is makes for a compelling mystery, and he functions as the game's big "epic" moment.

What defines a character being good isn't their depth, or memorability, or charisma, or any of that. What defines a good character is how they help the overall story. Incredibly simple characters can carry a story. It's why in comedy the straight man is often the most important character despite being the most bland.

Yes please, we could bash Kreia fanboyism and how she's a commentary self-insert together

That's like saying Skyrim would make a good movie because it would be fun to see futa orcs rape elves.

What you're referencing isn't something in KotOR, it's in a mod, that you can inject into KotOR.

But you unravel nothing. Everything you discover is being spoonfed to you by Kreia.

>What defines a character being good isn't their depth, or memorability, or charisma, or any of that. What defines a good character is how they help the overall story. Incredibly simple characters can carry a story. It's why in comedy the straight man is often the most important character despite being the most bland.

This really depends on the kind of story you're telling. A character that depends entirely on suspense and mystery, such as Snoke aforementioned, doesn't make for a good character if the suspense doesn't pay off. No, the pay-off doesn't always have to be climatic or dramatic. But Nihilus fell short to me.
Again, Sion is similarly a lynchpin to the Exile's story, especially a fem-exile, and the storytelling possibilities with Sion were far greater than Nihilus'.

Not at all. Kreia tells you he's hollow, but you don't really get it until you board his ship, talk to it's crew, and realize he can't even notice you.

I don't think you're understanding that Nihilus wasn't the overarching MC of KOTOR II, simply one of the MCs, and that Kreia was behind the orchestration of everything all along.

Never played Skyrim but if futa orcs raping elves is entirely consistent with the lore and respective characters and more people played Skyrim with the respective mod than without, then you are correct.

this is my wife say something nice about her

I'm not even saying that Nihilus is better than Sion, and certainly not better than Kreia. What I am saying is that it's it's incredibly reductionist to call him a shit character because he doesn't conform to a largely tangential concept of what makes for a "good character", when without Nihilus KotOR II's plot would suffer immensely for his absence.

Of course not, he's there largely there to help build the Exile's story, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist as an element of the story.

sion was a shit, nihilus wasnt supposed to even be a character so much as an event. you shouldnt try and compare him to other sith

>I'm not even saying that Nihilus is better than Sion, and certainly not better than Kreia. What I am saying is that it's it's incredibly reductionist to call him a shit character because he doesn't conform to a largely tangential concept of what makes for a "good character", when without Nihilus KotOR II's plot would suffer immensely for his absence.

You know, I can agree with that. Regardless, I still think KOTOR II is greatly flawed because of Kreia's even greater gravitas, for reasons pointed out. An insert for OOC criticism is incredibly jarring, but you've sold me your point.

>more people played Skyrim with the respective mod than without

If more people played with that mod on than without, I would happily agree that it's relevant to the story of KotOR, if only to prostrate myself before such an implausible event. But they didn't.

It's a mod made by some guy, that some few people played.

How can anyone like twileks? They are bread solely to be prostitutes and most of them are spayed and thus cannot conceive ofspring.

>playing skyrim without a futa mod
what is even the point

>It's now canon that a single rebel soldier can fucking destroy Sheev in combat
wtf I love EA now

>Browsing a SW video game thread.
>Not expecting spoilers
lol

nexusmod was literally part of most img releases at the time, wtf are you even talking about.

That's like saying most people played unpatched Kotor II where you couldn't move past the frame drop glitch.

Since I like arguing, I would also argue that none of Kreia's criticisms are OOC. In fact, what makes Kreia such an amazing character isn't the arguments she makes, but how they help build such a full picture of who she is, and her motives. She has these strong opinions on the Force, and the Jedi and Sith, because she went through a lot of bad shit, at a time when some of the hypocrisies of the Jedi caused massive devastation.

I think if she was just there so Avellone could jizz himself over how amazing his lambasting of Star Wars was, she would have been right. But instead, she respects an Exile who listens to her, and gives her words consideration, but still challenges her conclusions, to the point where she sacrifices her life for the Exile and shows her most genuine moments of emotion when offered a redemption that her own philosophy would deem repugnant.

Like any good story, the allegory is used to prop up her character, not her character being used to prop up the allegory, and I think that's the most important thing that makes Kreia such a great character.

>nexusmod
You know that's a site, not a mod, right?

jesus fucking christ. that's what the release was called are you literally a faggot?

Kotor I and II look and feel like shit for when they were released. It's a chore playing those games, great writing tho.

i think they look really nice, and the combat is still fluid and satisfying. movement is total shit though

So you're referencing a torrent file (that as far as I can tell doesn't even exist anymore), that included a mod that (on the new mod site) currently has about 1/40th of the downloads of the "New Underwear Mod", for a game that sold much better on XBox, as evidence that most people played with that mod?

old and wrinkly

What was his plan?

>sold better on xbox
>torrent file from '03

You believe whatever the fuck you want, I'm done.