Let's be real here. Has there ever been a worse bastardization of a Sup Forums property?

Let's be real here. Has there ever been a worse bastardization of a Sup Forums property?

Wulin

WULIN

WARRIORS

>m-muh original source

when people like you bitch about sticking to the fucking source for shit like jem and the holograms, you know you've really reached the bottom of the barrel for complaints in your life.

the fuck did you just say about Jem, you little bitch?

>We have trained the Earthbenders wrong on purpose; As a joke!

I never watched the show as a kid, nor have I ever seen more than just the theme song, but from what I understand, Jem is outrageous, and the Jem in the movie is barely average.

>I didn't liked the show that means people that likes the show is stupid
You're a fucking retard

I knew of its reputation of it so I didn't watch. Surely not worse than the Avatar movie?

The Last Airbender at least kind of followed the show it was based on.

The He-Man movie. I want to forget it exists but from time to time it pops up on the higher channels.

as bad as an adaptation as that was you could still tell it was based off the cartoon. I'm still convinced that they made 90% of the movie and decided to turn it into a Jem movie because the execs decided to cash in on the nostalgia bandwagon.

Dolph Lundgren could have been a great He-Man if he was in a better movie.

Your post is an outrage. truly truly truly outrageous

Meh, I enjoyed it for what it was.

For me the first thing I think of when I think of He-man is the voice, Dolph just didn't have the voice for it. But yea he was the least of that movies problems.
I got 10 minutes into that move before I gave up it wasn't even fun bad it was just miserable.

>everyone is Asian except Goku who is white

Really fires up my neurons.

>it wasn't even fun bad it was just miserable.
When me and my buds were watching it,we were really hoping it would be.

But yes,you are correct,it was just pure pain.

I still the idea that it's really a Jack Kirby Fourth World movie in disguise.

This and speed racer were fun to watch if you're stoned and able to detach yourself from the thing it's based on.

Is a legitimate good movie.

You know the rule!

>But yea he was the least of that movies problems.

You got me there.

.....Are you seriously trying to say skeletor was somehow bad in this?

>everyone is Asian except Goku

And Bulma.

Transformers movies.

Disappointing might be a better word.

It got much worse when pic related happened. Skeletor finally gets all that power, and THIS is what he turns into?

So basically, you just have really shitty taste.

>Nobody but idiots care about the source material for fucking JEM!
>Now let's slap it on our movie that has nothing to do with it, remind the name every five seconds, and ask people online how they felt about the show and record their reactions and put it in our movie.
>WHAT!? People think it's bad and it bombed!? HOW!?

The sad part is that could have actually made fucking sense if they'd just KEPT IT IN A JAPANESE LIKE SETTING.

Like, Goku is supposed to be an outsider, it's supposed to be obvious Gohan adopted him, this would actually be a nice hint at his future alien origins if they'd paid even the slightest bit of attention and kept the crazy world with mostly japanese influences.

It annoys me more that there weren't any weird half animal people. And that yamcha wasn't a fighter.

why is Optimus hitting the fuck out of Cy-Kill? I know Go-Bot was bad but damn. Give the nigga a break.

Catwoman
It was a catastrophe.

The movie wasn't that bad. They did a comic book adaptation in the style of the MOTU cartoon and it was dope as fuck. The movie really only suffers from a lack of visual continuity rather than being a bad adaptation.

>It was a catastrophe.

I think you found the only pun they didn't use in that movie.

soon

I'm honestly surprised someone hasn't made a live-action Go-Bots movie yet

>Rita, get me four teenagers with attitude

What is this nonsense?

Where are they? Where are your friends now? Tell me about the loneliness of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

Best line in the whole movie goes to Skeletor

Well what did you like about him?

I'm hoping we can at least all agree that them going to Earth was the worst part of the whole film.

For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday.

It's like the screenwriters of these movies always made sure to give the villains at least one excellent line to be remembered.

Skeletor looked dope as hell.

I used to hate that movie until I realized Bison's actor was dying of stomach cancer and took the role for the sake of kids, now I just feel sad whenever I see it on

Hasbro owns the name Go-Bots so you're probably never going hear that name mentioned on a toyline or a movie ever.

Honestly I'm curious about the source material now, any place I can watch it subbed?

Also didn't Gen Urobuchi work on a show using Puppets?

Its a code lyoko rip-off using the ReBoot name

this could have been an awesome movie in the right hands. but it seems like everything else hollywood does its about that quick buck. the sad part is if it was done with care and love they could have had a real gem on their hands music and all. hollyweird has no soul it just consumes now

cern?

lol He man is under rated 80s kino shut your mouth! and i am a fan of he man and i loved this take on it.

Raul Julia was based as fuck. Second best thing to come out of Puetro Rico after rum.

Sup Forums property here but, I think it is relevant.
It feels like someone else took the name "Mario Brothers" as a chance to create their own story and market it.

It barely resembles the mario brothers in anything but name sake but, it has some pretty cool set design.

Fuck you, the Speed Racer adaptation is fantastic under any conditions.

In all honesty, what did you expect from a Mario movie ? What could do they possibly do with the source material ? It's not like they were given much to work with in the first place.
It was pretty enjoyable for what it was. It's like Blade Runner for kids.
I don't see why people hate this (and I'm a huge Mario fan)

>In all honesty, what did you expect from a Mario movie ? What could do they possibly do with the source material ?
Make a feature length animated movie for kids? Wouldn't even be that hard. I'd like to meet the person whose idea it was to make a live-action Mario movie. I'd like to hear what exactly the thought process was directly from them.

No one cared about jem and the fucking holograms until there was a shitty movie to complain about for nerd cred.

Avatar the Last Airbender, courtesy of Shyamalamadingdong

From what I understand, Nintendo told them to do some of the more unusual choices, like make goombas lizard-people. There's a lot of commentaries about the movie that goes into just how little wiggle-room they had. The movie could've been worse, believe it or not.