Is Boyega /ourguy/?

Is Boyega /ourguy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/11/02/7-crucial-things-to-know-about-pacific-rim-uprising
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I will call it racism!
Oh no, someone stop him!

Disney cares about money more than their agenda

Finn is a decent guy, I hope he kind find a character less annoying than MaRey Sue to get with.

i don't get it
no really, i don't understand what he's trying to say.
plz explain

>after all that build up
Did we watch the same movie?

woah its almost like a long time ago in a galaxy far away human racism isn't a thing anyway.

He has the fat Asian. She'll probably have more personality and character flaws than rey though

So as a answer to Finn and Rey being a couple, he posts the scene where Zazu tells Nala and Simba they are going to be married.
They reply that its nasty because they are like sister and brother.
But later they do get married.

So is he implying its nasty now but eventually will happen?
I'm not getting this.
I'm also not getting why OP thinks that makes Oggaboogyega our guy?

They want him to start promoting lion king instead of Star wars

damn, the mouse comes and beats his black ass on a daily basis

kek

>remove Finn from TFA
>nothing changes
Such a great character, it's like you can't describe him

Not defending the movie but Finn technically Rey and BB8 to Han Solo and the resistance.

He obviously used the gif to show his irritation you autist

>I'm also not getting why OP thinks that makes Oggaboogyega our guy?
i guess it would imply that he's into incest

>i guess it would imply that he's into incest
mmmm yessssss

They should have casted an asian if they were going to call him finn

>in a galaxy far away human racism isn't a thing anyway
umm...sweety

>Empire has both aliens and people of color in their ranks, even high ranking officers
From where this "Empire is a white human supremacist organization" came from?

against. Hate.

>Empire has people of color
True

>Empire has aliens
It did have that's true but it was all very controversial. I one of the comics Baron Fel admitted that seeing Thrawn as an admiral was one of the first things that led to his eventual desertion from Imperial remnants

trump derangement syndrome

Finn is a decent guy, it's a shame that his story is tied with Rey's story.

This
I'd actually enjoy a story focused on him that wouldn't make him into constant white knight and butt of all jokes.
Stormtrooper defecting from the bad guys and struggling to fit on the other side after whole life of indoctrination is really nice concept.

My problem with Finn's character is the backstory, which doesn't really fit the personality we see on screen. This guy was raised by a military organization from as early as he can remember, and deprived of any sign of individuality on down to even a name. But he seems to get over it all pretty quickly. It would be different if he was captured a few years back and forced to be a stormtrooper. Then he could gradually recover his old identity and fight the conditioning. What we got from him just doesn't make sense.

TFA has much bigger problems than Finn
I'm convinced most of the hate for Finn is from Disney shills trying to drum up a narrative, like Sony with Ghostbusters

I don't think it was the characters that were the problem in TFA so much as it was the direction.
I hate JJ so fucking much.

>I'm convinced most of the hate for Finn is from Disney shills
Plenty of easily triggered weenies on this board who sperg out about black people being in anything. Never assume conspiracy when ignorance will suffice.

Finn had the potential to be the most interesting character because of his unique childhood, but the Mouse is more interested in quips than character development.

I don't think it's so bad if you assume that they don't really train their troops, so much as they terrorize them into compliance, as a way of mass producing meat shields that don't require much material investment.

>I'm calling racism
Jesus christ

This. The First Order != The Empire. It's more of a cult than an army. I'm sure most troopers are just one Finn-like revelation from defecting.

Kek. How embarrassing for him.
I can imagine the phonecall he got between the first and last posts.

I assume he got schooled by some disney handlers after his earlier BLM style behavior.

This would be an extremely dumb move for Disney to make. If they actually went ahead and said that the Empire was white supremacist, then what would that mean for all the Empire-based merchandise that Disney intends to sell? How are they going to sell Vader and Kylo Ren figures to little black boys if it comes out that the Empire is canonically anti-black?

I only hate racemixing because the jews push it so much. I know an interracial couple irl and they are sweet people. I hope Finn and Rey end up fucking but then I see these femicunts wanting the same thing because "muh social justice" and it makes me want it to not happen out of spite.

>The First Order != The Empire. It's more of a cult than an army.

The movie seems very inconsistent about that, actually. The First Order seems way too well-funded to be some crazy fringe group. I mean, they somehow had a budget that allowed for the construction of Starkiller Base.

I like you

>Poe stays a prisoner on the star destroyer
>Rey stays on jaku
>Han doesn't go back to the resistance
>star killer base doesn't get destroyed
You're not very good at film analysis, even in children's sci-fi

>I hope Finn and Rey end up fucking
lmao
Why though? There's pretty much no consistent characterization there.

at least he's not too fucking lame to see how retarded that shit is.

John Bodega didn't even say anything.
I don't get it.

>Implying he's even managing his own account anymore after his earlier posts

It's almost like Finn is a replaceable nobody...

You mean the same Starkiller Base that had its commissioned personnel try to flee after a few X-wings started blowing it up? Lotta loyalty for a loyal officer.

Idk, I just thought their interactions were cute. Plus Finn kept getting made to look dumb by her so I am waiting to him to get frustrated and put that woman in her place like a real man.

Based black man

Fair enough lel.
That's never gonna happen though. He's gonna keep being a stepping stool for rey's girlpower.

Well if you can use that easily baited ignorance for marketing WHO KNOWS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN. You can take a look at the catalog and find out, literally every shilled show has threads dedicated to this.

ign.com/articles/2017/11/02/7-crucial-things-to-know-about-pacific-rim-uprising

>“Technology has jumped ahead” says on-set supervisor Dave Merritt, while showing us the more light-weight suits donned by Uprising’s pilots. “We wanted to be able to be lighter weight and more agile. I think he also wanted to add much more of the martial arts kind of feel to everything.”

>Boyega, who shares a producing credit, is particularly invested in this fluidity. The actor admits that he found the movements of the original Jaegers a little too cumbersome, and has brought fight co-ordinator Liang Yang over from Star Wars: Rogue One and The Force Awakens to bring the aforementioned “martial arts feel” to Uprising.

>“They were like, "What did you feel about the first film," and I told them straight up the stuff that I didn't like and the stuff I wanted to see more of,” says Bodega. “I wish the robots would hurry up, just hurry up.”

It's his fault Pacific Rim 2 has lost all the weight and heaviness that the first one had that made it stand out. So no, not my guy

I interpreted it as a Nazi vs Neo Nazi thing. The real Nazis (Empire) were well trained, disciplined, and committed genocides (Alderaan) in a methodical and professional way. Their troops were sometimes bumbling but treated it as a kind of "day job" based on the dialogue, which is why storm troopers from the OT are endearing enough to be cosplayed all the time. The neo Nazis (First Order) are angrier and less disciplined, more about brown shirt style cannon fodder than any sort of real governance. That's why they don't actually have an imperial territory, just a gay Death Star Planet and a big boomerang ship in space somewhere.

Please note I'm not making a racial point here, just commenting on differences in discipline and morale

>against. Hate.
Shit like this makes me irrationally angry. Social media was a mistake.

Fucking this and I don't give a shit about what happens with star wars at all.

Social media was the biggest most cancerous mistake to ever befall humankind.
Also fuck Steve Jobs for dying less than a decade after the iphone came out so he couldn't see what he did to society.

It's human supremacist not white supremacist. Humans in Star Wars world seem to have gotten over racism by and large. Then again we've still mostly seen only what we irl would call white people but I'd say it's still a safe assumption.

The Empire slaved wookies and other species for being "subhuman", though.

>Implying he wasn't deliberately given cancer by time travelers from the future to prevent him from doing even worse

The Empire is based on Nazi Germany.

>b-but muh comic books!

Nobody gives a shit about your nerdy picture books.

>aliens and poc
Not on screen.

>writer of RO
Must have been hard to copy a game from the 90s.

Finn is a such a nothing character, on paper the idea of a child soldier storm trooper sounds great. Immediately after he leaves the base however finn just becomes comedy, pure black comedic down to him asking rey if she has a boyfriend. They play his innocence off well enough to make him somewhat endearing. Its just hard to care about a character whos literally in all ways a joke.

The tweeter guy has a point. Disney has be trumpetting about being progressive and pro diversity, yet they made it clear that Finn was in the friendzone, they hammered it just to be sure normies got the message, he's not getting da white girl.

This.
Also when he sees Phasma at the end he flips out about being in charge of her yet we get 1 scene of them together where she reprimands him for breaking a rule. They're rivalry is never established so his "victory" over her comes out of nowhere.
Also looks like TLJ is continuing their non-existent rivalry, at least this time Phasma will have motivation for it.

>I was a janitor
>Is actually a stormtrooper

In what fucking world does Disney think military ranks go from janitors to soldiers?

>We wanted both nigger and altright shekels, so we made him a stormtrooper but he's just a janitor, doesn't even have a pilot license.

Disney wants China bux. China doesn't do interracial couples.

If they casted him for the movie, they didn't have the China problem in mind. I think white feminists don't like interracial couples either and I believe Disney execs are mostly racists.

>I think white feminists don't like interracial couples either

Literally everyone on earth except Sup Forums retard virgins like interracial couples. White women and black men were literally designed for each other.

I agree, particularly how fast he goes from Poe killing his friend on Jakku and leaving the bloodied handprint on his helmet to helping Poe escape

That is some crazy level of delusion.

This.
/thread

I really wish Boyega didn't have to do that stupid fucking accent
His normal voice is lovely
And he's actually capable of acting on a level that comes near justifying his pay
Why isn't he the main character

Boyega is a reylo shipper tho

hey look a black live matters retard

because he's a weird looking fucker that got in due to politics

No, because he bitched about how Game of Thrones had no black actors.

Finn and Rey are legit shippable and I would like the new series more if they were a couple. So many movies have terrible love interests and this one with good chemistry being teased and ignored annoys me

How long did that safety pin shit last? That was some embarrassing stuff.

What did he mean by this? Those two ended up together, after all.

we did it reddit!

>His normal voice is lovely
oi bruv u wot m8

There's literally a female POC imperial officer on the Starkiller base in TFA who gets screentime, is there not?

Modern Disney ruining things with potential as per usual.

He might be gay irl

The absolute state of /pol

It isn't that deep

Boyega has always been our guy

Then he should be playing a gay nigger from outer space.

This is stupid because "neo" Nazis many decades ago were a serious threat and can't be compared to the neo Nazis of today. At the end of the war there were still millions of nazis, Gestapo, SS, and many millions more well trained Hitler youth in Germany.
The fear of a German insurgency was why Germany had to be cucked so hard after the war with reeducation and why for decades SS were hunted across the globe. The first order should be closer to the nazis who disappeared into the civilian population in 1945 than the degenerate rejects from the 70s and onward.

>shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Unironically this

I'm not sure you realize just how much low-ranking soldiers/military people clean toilets and bathrooms.

That’s what it really is like, he just doesn’t see it.

Don't need to waste screen time on romance.

Finn was a stormtrooper, retard

Fucking hell, the narcissism and fakeness of the guy in front always triggers me.

How do I give gold?

>AYOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>HOOOOOOOOOLLLL UUUUUUUUUUUPPPPP
>WEEEEEEE WUZ... FUGGIN KAAAAAAAAANGGGGSSS N KWEEEEEEEEEEEEN N SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIITTTTT

I want to fuck nala

Dumb sweetieposter.