Jackson interpreted the "Fire of Orthanc" as Saruman utilizing his deep (and corrupting) knowledge of the dark arts to...

>Jackson interpreted the "Fire of Orthanc" as Saruman utilizing his deep (and corrupting) knowledge of the dark arts to invent an early form of gunpowder, further developing the link between industrialization and destruction illustrated throughout the film by Saruman's descent into darkness as he turns his back on the natural world

>Bakshi interpreted the "Fire of Orthanc" as Saruman standing on his roof shooting lasers halfway across the planet with his magic wand

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mpjyNIoJ0V4
youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=uelNHERQic4
mediafire.com/folder/jdmyib22aeqpm,cjjdiknzeieol,6jmo2c5q9vbll/shared
youtube.com/watch?v=sMhY59n7X-Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And the cartoon was still better.
What's your point, kid?

>Bakshi envisioned the Battle of Pelennor Fields as brutal and desperate
>Jackson had Legolas kill an Oliphaunt by himself and surf along it's trunk before pulling off a sweet landing

Look faggot I can do it too.

>Jackson had Legolas kill an Oliphaunt by himself and surf along it's trunk before pulling off a sweet landing

This is 30 seconds of an hour long scene

That is one badass poster.

>And the cartoon was still better.
What's it like being the most wrong person in the entire world?

I don't know, I'm not Donald Trump.

Wow, that's a new one. Cringe much?

The state of Sup Forums folks.

>what's your point, kid?

Do you write for SNL?

>Look faggot I can do it too.

so you're both faggots, good job.

Stop

The other is less good but still good

The cartoon was not better by all standards.
Please stop being this retarded

Why is Boromir a dwarf in this version

Just a shitty choice for the poster. He's not dwarfy at all in the movie outside of a beard, he's literally just a viking which is weird but not as weird as Aragorn being an American Indian.

Why are you a faggot?

>Boromir is Gimli

neat

>dat Galadriel

>top billing fro Grima

youtube.com/watch?v=mpjyNIoJ0V4

Damn it. Samwise is supposed to be simple, not a blithering retard.

56%

Nigga gas down syndrome

Jackson's view actually ties better on Tolkien's own take on industrialization and its devastating power over nature.

>gas down syndrome
Brutal

You're right even though PJ left out the Scouring of the Shire section where Tolkien really hammers the point home.

>i cant take the batz

>when Downy takes a liking to you

These movies were really cheap and shitty. But can you imagine a proper adaption with a good budget and animation? Man, that would have been so great. Imagine Disney doing in the 50's-70's, or Japanese studios doing them in the 80's-90's.

He nuts up in Mordor

Bakshi's really wasn't cheap. You're thinking of the Rank / Bass.

Everything Bakshi made looked like cheap rubbish. Rotoscoping is a technique to save costs.

>The Hobbit is a 1977 American animated musical television special created by Rankin/Bass, a studio known for their holiday specials, and animated by Topcraft, a precursor to Studio Ghibli,

That explains why the Hobbit film is miles ahead better looking than the Bakshi monstrosity. Just imagine the Hobbit film but as a proper feature with a much bigger budget, and Topcraft handling a LotR trilogy.

Rankin/Bass' ROTK will forever have the best song
youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

top kek those ladders.

But the battle a Pelennor Fields wasn't in the Bakshi film. It ends at Helms Deep.

>those ladders.
Well fuck... I'm never going to not be triggered by that now. Thanks.

Read the book, pleb. The orcs incorrectly converting the height of the wall from Gondorian measurements to Orcish measurements was one of the main reasons for their defeat at Pelennor Fields.

Cant make this shit up.

Thank god someone pointed it out, I thought I was forgetting half the film.

>Bakshi envisioned the Battle of Pelennor Fields as brutal and desperate
Bakshi didn't envision the Battle of Pelennor Fielda at all since it wasn't in his film. Now you look really stupid you dumb cunt

Pelennor Fields wasn't even in this cartoon. Why are you retards defending a movie you haven't watched?

At least we got to kinda see it in Galadriel's mirror

Jackson LOTR >>> Rank/Bass LOTR/Hobbit >> Bakshi LOTR > Jackson Hobbit

Oh shit, those orcs look retarded. Like something out of gummybears.

The Rankin/Bass movies are fucking garbage. I'd rather watch Bakshi LOTR or Jackson Hobbit

Kek, masterful bait

These replies are practically bending over for you

He did include it in The Mirror of Galadriel, as an alternative timeline.

Do not respond to this post

Bakshi is mediocre, no shit

>having issues sleeping
>decide to find an audio book version
>the official one is terrible in quality and does not contribute to the comf
>the dramatic reading one by the BBC is also terrible because no one doing it gives a shit
>someone on /lit/ tells me about a dramatic reading done by a fan that is maximum comf and so good that he was threatened with legal action
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=uelNHERQic4

This guy's version is unironically the best version of the entire medium. He does fantastic impressions of basically every character, and uses the music from the film, while also keeping to a precise reading of the book.

Listening to the Dark Speech segments is kino.

lol wut

the cartoon was fucking AWFUL

This is the best really

>
>The other is less good but still good

Nice vocabulary fahgit.

Thanks for that, bookmarked. Has he done The Hobbit?

No idea. The guy who originally did it apparently took all of the links down, so the only versions that remains are reuploads. That channel has all three of the LOTR books in a playlist.

He's like a bezerker from skyrim.

Excellent post, thank you.

What's going on or has went in in that pic?

I thought it was due to Mordor's insufficient defense spending?

>What's going on or has went in in that pic?
In English, doc?

No problem my dude, everyone deserves comfy LoTR.

Since it's a reupload who knows if they ever will get pulled, but I also found a mediafire because the thought of them being pulled actually made me worry.

mediafire.com/folder/jdmyib22aeqpm,cjjdiknzeieol,6jmo2c5q9vbll/shared

Scouring of the Shire

You can't stop the movement, man

Heh... (wew)

I mean a smoking orc skeleton a tree sliced perfectly?

Not memeing, Sam's artwork looks a lot like the older characters in Miyazaki films. I'm thinking particularly of Sophie from HMC in this case

Whatever they did to the skeleton isn't as bad as what you just did to the English language.

Answer my question, Lard of the Rings.

when did you last read the book? Sam is a ridiculous peasant caricature.

I hate how Warner Bros still promotes the Rankin-Bass Return of the King as a legitimate sequel to Bakshi's Lord of the Rings. Ignoring the obvious differences in aesthetic, direction and voice work, there's still an entire movie's worth of material missing between where LOTR leaves off and ROTK picks up. Plus, Frodo and Sam meet Gollum for the first time TWICE between the two movies. And Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli just straight up vanish into thin air.

Music is awesome, though. WHERE THERE'S A WHIP! THERE'S A WAY!

>promotes the Rankin-Bass Return of the King as a legitimate sequel to Bakshi's Lord of the Rings.

Source?

WHERE THERE'S A WHIP

Soy el dios del sexaa

The DVD boxsets of The Hobbit, LOTR and ROTK. They called it "The Original Animated Trilogy" and gave all three films uniform box art and packaging (that shitty ROTK DVD cover is an example of the "quality").

>not posting the vid
youtube.com/watch?v=sMhY59n7X-Y

Absolute kino desu

FRODO OF THE NINE FINGERS

I hope Glen Yarbrough's dead.

>(January 12, 1930 – August 11, 2016)

>>(January 12, 1930 – August 11, 2016)

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead, Glen.

What?

I'm literally watching him doing the uncucking of Rohan.