How Many Points is Too Many Points?

Ok. So here's the thing... Tony was in the hospital, having his Kevin Finnerty / Buddhist monks dream sequence. Sil is the temporary street boss. Paulie scored a big hit netting something around a million on a tip from Vito.

Sil is on the public pishadoo in the hospital reading the paper when Paulie and Vito enter the room and ask him to settle a dispute between them over how the score is split, and how much each should kick up to Tony Soprano via his wife Carmela.

Sil says they should split the million half and half, and each kick up 100gs to Tony's wife. It is my understanding that you kick up a point to the boss. If each one kicks up 100gs, that's 2 points total. What's wrong with Sil's math, and how come neither Paulie or Vito complain?

Points=percent. It's 20 points, not 2. It is however a bit much as 10 points should be kicked up to the boss. This scene showed that Sil didn't really have the makings of a boss.

Nope. One point is 10 percent, and 10 percent is what you kick up to the boss. 10 percent is his "taste".
.1*100=10

Where the fuck are you getting 1 point=10 percent?

>One point is 10 percent

i've lived that life kid

one point is one percent

You guys better conclude how much percent a point is I watched the whole series having no idea.

It's 1%. When JT gets a 60k loan from Christopher to cover his poker debts Christopher charges him two points a week specifying that it's 1200 dollars

Why did Sil expect each of them to kick up 10 percent of the total haul instead of just 10 percent of each share?

>some people, are better as no. 2s
like pottery

Logic would dictate that your both correct, as it makes the most sense, but its not how it works with them, remember the average mobster never finished high school, we're not talking intellectuals here.

Remember when Paulie tipped off Ralph about something similar then whined about getting a proper share? I really hated that guy, disloyal, hypocritical, weak.

kay putz
almost gagged

the show ended years ago stop trying to validate your (((manhood)))

reminder that the sopranos shows the pitfalls of white people acting like niggers

It’s 10 points per person. Each member has to give the boss a taste of EVERYTHING they make. Remember when the skinny guy who hung himself got his inheritance? He had to kick that up to the boss even though he didn’t do it through a scheme. So sil made the right decision and it should have been said that he would have been a great boss had tony died, he just didn’t want it.

Finally a Sopranos thread

Please don't spoil it for me but holy shit I want Tony and Melfie to hook up so bad.

Don't look.

I know it's just a dream. Why can't Tony be with someone not shit? Carmella is annoying as fuck and his goomar is a psycho who doesn't realize if she was with someone like Ralphie she'd be dead already

the BALLS on this prick

Why Ralphie? Why not Bobby?

>Sympathizing with Tony
hope youre proud of yourself, you made david chase cry

Eh, so far in the show he has a ton of power and more than enough reasons to kill some people and doesn't. He seems pretty reserved for a mobster.

If only he knew how bad things really are...

I can reply to this thread later. Mornings are better.

20 points to the boss is fair. Paulie should have kept the rest and Vito should have gotten nothing because he was a fannuc.

>Carmella is annoying as fuck
other than her taste for shiny things, Carm is a 10/10 wife

Her voice is like my dick is being hammered by a literal hammer every time I hear it and all she does is fucking complain. I could sympathize with Skyler, but Carm literally fucking signed up for it and she's crying constantly

Carm has no real problems with the life, it's the the lying, cheating and neglect from Tony.

>god-tier cook
>homemaker even though they can afford to hire people to do it
>overlooks goomars because she understands she married a guy with an appetite
>has your back should the gubmint come knocking
>devout catholic
>all she asks is that you have her back
but HURR DUR SHE TALKS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN JERSEY is a dealbreaker okay

Poor you.

>Not sympathising with Tony

you can root for a person knowing they are horrible as humans it's a tv show

Each captain kicks point. 2 points total. Duh.

you want to sniff my panties huh user

What exactly is 'horrible' about Tony? He tries. He doesn't have all the answers and he has some vices, but come on.

you've missed the entire point of the show

well theres the murdering, the beating, the extortion, the cheating, the lying, the gambling and those disgusting bowls of ice cream

That was the brilliance of the writing, Chase nailed just about every kind of mob wife there is - and Carmella had most of it. She was a complete hypocrite, a completely deluded cunt who thought Tony would walk away from it all and get straight with god - and then almost fucked a priest. She accuses Tony of everything she is herself - dishonest, cold, abusive, etc. Edie Falco NAILED the part.

and gluttony, intimidation, usury, and sociopathy

Don't forget the petty why me depression.

Don't get me started on that Livia shit. I thought she would be redeemed somehow, because you can at least understand where most of the characters are coming from. With Livia, it's pure cuntiness

Well she was based on the show creators mother thats where she technically comes from mothers are just like that at that age. My mother inst even italian and she does some of the stuff lidia does except the whole you know get your son killed by your uncle thing.

My grandmother does that shit but she would never intentionally make you feel unloved.

Livia was a lot like my own mother.

>he still thinks it was a dream

best friend was a jew.

>could sympathize with Skyler
>cant sympathize with Carm
turbo brainlet

there wasnt really any character development at for any of the main cast. theyre all terrible people from start to finish and whenever somebody starts to show signs of changing, they quickly revert back, like tony after the coma, a.j. after bianca, christopher after rehab, carmella after the almost divorce, etc.

p-please

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH TONY WHY YOU NOT PERFECT WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's almost like that's the point of the show.

Redemption stories are fairy tales, they rarely happen in real life.

YOU’RE TOO DARK SKINNED

YOU FUCK MULIGNANS

finally someone agrees one of tony's (and all wise guys in general) sins is usury

Do you make these in /trek/ threads too?