Fifteen years later, can we finally acknowledge that this series was overrated soyquipping sjwbait?

Fifteen years later, can we finally acknowledge that this series was overrated soyquipping sjwbait?

Heh. I just realized what OP's doing is the same shit SJWs are doing to Lovecraft, what with him being racist and all. I wonder when these retards will try to get Lewis Carroll's work deleted off history because he had patrician taste for females.

>in love with a literal whore
is he the biggest cuck in tv history?

get off Sup Forums, Whedon.

But didn't pursue a relationship with her; Knew she was a whore, didn't try to change her whoring ways, accepted it

Go back to your containment board.

Opinions are like assholes OP, everyones got them and they all stink. Yours however is mighty stinky.

he cucked her though in that episode with the brothel

I just rewatched the series and film. I disagree strongly, OP. It has some of what you say -- it was written by Wheadon after all -- but it was still a wonderful watch. I miss the world already.

>Lewis Carroll's work deleted off history because he had patrician taste for females.
was he a pedo?

it was great

better question is what happened to wheaton?

I remember actually enjoying this when I was younger. Went back recently and decided to watch a few episodes to reminisce about the good old days, and found it to be completely unwatchable. It's not a series that aged well.

If you want true serialised TV sci-fi kino, watch Babylon 5. That still holds up on the strength of its writing alone.

This is a good show. I enjoyed watching it. The blend of sci-fi and western was terrific.

nigger

>soy
>sjw
you need to go back

kek. Criticize a sacred cow and watch the soyboys come crawling out of the woodwork.
[quips a random Chinese phrase]
shiny!!

I don't agree, I still love it.

>If you want true serialised TV sci-fi kino, watch Babylon 5. That still holds up on the strength of its writing alone.
This is true as well, however. And that's despite all the issues with the first and last seasons.

Its a show for kikko men soybeans.

It was shit and the movie was even worse

You, shut your whore mouth!

Possibly the most reddit comment in the history of Sup Forums

still has more substance than capeshit

No. The series was brilliant. The movie was so-so. The fact that it never got another series was and still is wrong.

>he says, while quiping 4chins buzzword of the week

At the time, it was fucking great.
Today, it seems like cringey gay shit because we're all fucking jaded and soulless.
Nothing will ever make us feel the way good tv and movies used to make us feel.
Nothing will ever feel the void in our hearts.
It will only grow and grow until we either die of old age or are unable to stomach our own apathetic existence any longer and finally wrap our lips around that cold steel barrel and pull the fucking trigger, painting the wall with our withered unfeeling brains and falling into the bosom of sweet eternal nothingness.

Plus they totally ripped off Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop.

XD

>not going with Norm's NPH joke
you blew it

Cowboy Bebop did it better.

At the end of the first episode of Outlaw star they literally find a box with a sleeping/frozen girl inside

I don't like Sensitive Joss Wedon otherwise, but firefly was genuinely great. And the fact it was cancelled due to network fuckery is a real shame.

The fact that it was cancelled is the ONLY reason it is such a cult classic show. It didn't have the chance to get bad, like every single other show Whedon has made.
When good things are cut short, it almost always ends up working out better. Do you really think Nirvana would be as big if Cobain never offed himself? The same thing would have happened to them that has happened to literally every single other band in the 90's, they would have kept making shittier and shittier music and faded into obscurity. Are any of you even aware that Smashing Pumpkins have still releasing music? No. Because it sucks and nobody listens to them anymore.

even thought it's old and done to death, shows these days don't have writing half as good as firefly. modern whedon wouldn't be able to come up with anything as good

While I enjoyed it in high school, I rewatched some episodes recently and they really didn't hold up. It's got some fun moments but maybe it worked best as a single season.

>shows these days don't have writing half as good as firefly
>That Gorram alliance sonofabitch! I'll be in my bunk!

The sad part is you're right.

Very true. A majority of things go on for far too long. Some of them stay good though. One season is especially short even if it was a british tv show. And the shit fox pulled was just ridiculous. Also the movie was pretty good and it was just a desperate attempt to mush together their further plans and tie up loose ends. The comic books were pretty good too.

>The movie was so-so

You aren't wrong, however I'll still rewatch it from time to time just because I adore The Operative as a villain. Really sold me on Chiwetel Ejiofor. In fact, unlike Idris Elba, I would have accepted him as a black Roland Deschain.

Such a simple, shallow character. Yet good god was he menacing, memorable, and a complete show-stealer.

>watching the shitty ass rehash of a far superior show
>ever
maxpleb.jpg

No. I legitimately enjoyed Firefly, and wish there was more than 1 season. I dont care if it had quips left and right or about any sjw bullshit. It was a comfy show and I had fun watching it.

You fucks are almost as insufferable as sjws are.