What was his end game?

What was his end game?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2014/11/11/363120048/behind-the-famous-story-a-difficult-truth
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was starving to death inside of a shitty bus part of your plan?

he didnt eat too good

Like many Americans, our main character was raised scorned. To be free from his burdens is to throw away everything you were born into. If he could somehow undo his own birth, Im sure he wouldve. But instead he threw away everything of his comfy suburb life and ventured off into fuck all. Out there, he learned the only things that are waiting for those believers that seek something more: nothing but hunger, the cold, and loneliness. But there was no going back. So he died, sooner or later, it didnt matter.

Honestly his plan wasn't THAT crazy, he wasn't gonna stay out there forever, he just wanted to see what it was like and unfortunately made a lethal mistake while he was out there

Why to wander into the woods with no compass, map, adequate hunting equipment, or emergency supplies of course.

Had to learn about this faggot in high school. Why was he considered a hero? Dumbass got himself killed for his selfish dream

immense faggotry

t. Msc in Environmental science

He didn't get killed, he died. There's a difference.

Yeah, died because of his own stupidity.

triggering Sup Forums decades after his death

>died because of his own stupidity.
This. His death was suicide by retardation.

Nobody considers him a hero.

is there a movie about this?

>guy says fuck it a goes in the wild full time
>dies
>hero
Ok.

Dude went out on his own terms. That's more than most people get. Plus I'm told exposure is one of the more peaceful ways to go...cuz you go numb and just kinda slip away.

Anyway who cares, it's just one random dude. I found a dead guy once, just lying in the street. Older black guy. I phoned it in and wound up giving statements and all kinds of shit. I figured he was a drunk or junkie. Turns out he had dementia and just wandered off and used to be a mathematics professor a FSU. Life is fucked up like that, and I'm not saying it's the same thing, but people come and people go.

His family sent me a nice letter.

Into the Wild

i tip to this post

yeah and it's shit, don't waste your time

Im sure deep down he wanted to die. He was just "cool," so he didnt want to just kill himself. He wanted nature to take him back so he put on a show of trying to stick it out in the middle of nowhere, perhaps learning to take down a moose. Its the uncomfortable truth to living as a truth seeker. there is no one end-all-be-all truth to discover in life. Its just a game, a game of turning over stones. You will keep turning over stones because there are intinite number of stones to turn over. The only thing that ends it all is death.

Hippies are too stupid to have endgames.

To be the poster boy for boomer parenting.

I assume suicide. His life plan didn't leave him a lot of options.

he did not die peacefully. he was probably in a shitload of pain for hours until his body succumbed.

Probably to live out there for a while and either come back home or die. He was probably cool with it, seeing as the alternative was go back to living a life he didn't want.

>exposure is one of the more peaceful ways to go

Who told you that soyboy, another city dwelling faggot with dyed hair? Have you ever even been exposed to nature? Exposure fucking sucks, you start old suffering from either extreme heat or cold, then you get hungry, then you get tired, then you get desperate, and in that desperation you eat/drink something contaminated, you shit yourself for days, then you die of exhaustion. Whatever shithole city you live in, for fucks sake, don't ever leave it. Reality will fucking kill your dumb ass faster than it killed McCandless. Holy shit I've actually never heard something this retarded before on here that wasn't obvious bait.

Man you Sup Forums fags are really low hanging fruit when it comes to bait. I'm from upstate NY btw, Catskill mountains.

Only idiots that ignore the point of Krakauer's book consider him a hero. The entire point of Chris's story is that he was an idealistic person who had goals that sound appealing to a lot of people, but he took them to a stupid extreme and ended up missing the forest for the trees. He's a cautionary tale about how it's important to value the relationships in your life, and not just run away when things get uncomfortable; the point is the irony of Chris only realizing this when he was already dying.

He didn't mean to eat something that would kill him. He prolly would have went on enjoying life as a hobo. Look how happy he is in the photo.

Dying alone

>Catskills
>Upstate NY
Sure thing, you fucking poof

He had none.
That was the entire point of the movie: purely spiritual existence is impossible.

He wanted what he didn't have. Poor people would think he's a lunatic for not wanting to be safe and secure.

>watch movie
>our brilliant and tragic hero forrest gump's his way through life and then decides to live out in the wild and dies through no fault of his own
>read what actually happened
>guy ran into the wild and starved immediately because he had no idea what he was doing

10/10

You have an idiotic and romanticized idea of what dying from exposure feels like. The other posters who have called you dumb are also right for doing so.

>Dumbass got himself killed for his selfish dream

He sacrificed himself to send a message that got millions of people thinkng. He didn't quite get it right, but he was on to something. No one needs to do exactly what he did, but we all could use a bit from his disgust for consumerism and industrialism, and love for nature.

>>read what actually happened
>>guy ran into the wild and starved immediately because he had no idea what he was doing

kek

I don't know but he did a good job of exposing immaculate cowards who hate him

gyeeeeh me pwtend to be retawded gyeeh iz funnneh hyeennnggggg onwy weddit is for weal discussion cause i get up votes yayy gyuuuu unnnnrrrrnnghghhh gyeeehh non- fourchain filename me nut from here me jus tol from weddit dat dis siwwy shitpost site gyeeennnn ruuuuuurrnnghhhh bleh bleh poooooooo

This
His father having an entire second family with another woman that he kept hidden for a good deal of Chris' life was fucked up.

Im like 90% sure that its come out that his dad abused him

ah here it is
>Carine McCandless gets the grim truth out of the way up front in her introduction, with the quick determination of someone tearing off a painful Band-Aid: She and her brother Chris grew up with a volatile, viciously abusive father who made their weak-willed yet hyper-competent mother both his victim and his accomplice.

>Carine, who was a valuable source for both Krakauer's book and Sean Penn's movie adaptation, had shared this dark family history with Krakauer back in the early 1990s, though strictly off the record in order to protect her parents "from full exposure in case they could change for the better." (Not surprisingly, they didn't.) And even though it compromised his book, Krakauer honored Carine's restrictions. Instead, he hinted at the truth with repeated allusions to an "overbearing" father, which some readers caught, though many did not.

>The Wild Truth opens with several harrowing scenes. After vividly describing one of their father's attacks on her mother, McCandless moves on to the double beatings she and her brother suffered, "forced down, side by side" across his lap. She writes, "The snap of the leather was sharp and quick between our wails. I will never forget craning my neck in search of leniency, only to see the look of sadistic pleasure that lit up my father's eyes and his terrifying smile — like an addict in the climax of his high."

>Fortunately, McCandless — while searingly honest — doesn't sustain this level of distressing intensity, or I doubt I would have been able to make it through. What she does do is chronicle Billie and Walt McCandless' miserable wine- and gin-fueled marriage and its lasting repercussions on their children.

>In her efforts to present a balanced picture, Carine flags happier times, too — like the camping trips her brother loved. Family photos paint a sunnier picture, though she makes clear that these command performances were part of an elaborate false front

I didn't copy the whole article, but I did hit all the points relevant to abuse.
npr.org/2014/11/11/363120048/behind-the-famous-story-a-difficult-truth

To die and have people talk about him for decades to come.

This.

I was more impressed with the story of Tim Treadwell. The guy was a nut but he hung out with wild fucking grizzlies for over a decade before his luck finally ran out.

Yet the outlook on Treadwell is that he basically got what was coming to him while McCandless is treated like a hero for being a weak dumb ass.